It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution stops here: Future Man will look the same, says scientist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
He is forgetting about an important part, we are living in times of HUGE technology evolution, soon enough we will evolve with this technology and combine ourselves with it, because there would be many uses for it. This is our brains creating a new sort of evolution, I would still call this evolution natural, because our brains are natural.
[edit on 7-10-2008 by _Phoenix_]

It is not YOUR OWN brain that is evolving, however. It is someone else's (or probably would be multiple people's) brain changing yours.

It's people like you who would be most subject to brainwash.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
There will be minor changes in the human being form in the next thousand, ten thousand, and even million years. Pinkies will get shorter, people will get taller, and maybe better looking through selective genetics in the birthing process. But, for the most part, people are going to look the same. We may think they are a little weird or abnormal compared to us, but they would be mostly the same as us today. Evolution is a slow process.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
in some eastern thoughts, initiates and students, grow buddha bodies, or higher selves, etc etc. Perhaps this is where evolution goes. Seeing that we have the ability to reason and contemplate, why then, would our evolution not be that of a mental or spiritual nature? With quantum physics stating what it does these days, it makes it a lot easier for a student to understand how this reality is an illusion. Perhaps, we have been evolving all along, and the evolved can perceive the evolved and un evolved states of "reality", and the un evolved only perceive that of the un evolved states or illusions.
In this theory, we already have evolved into "super psychic brains" floating in nothingness, its merely our perception of the experience that causes us to think were still back here in this time.
Chop wood carry water right...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Due to ......
I believe we can 'adapt' to new enviroments. But we are not definately out of evolution juice. The planet is evolving in a million different directions. We still have people with dominating recessive genes that enable them to be 'damaged' by the sun. Im not saying in 50 years all whites will appear as people of 'color' but, considering how much we know about genetics, It would appear that way because of adaptation. Its identical to people running underground, and in mountains and caves, in fear for their life. If you manage to survive, and harness fire (for light and cooking)like 'cavemen' supposedly had, would there be a need to block harmful rays. Thus ones skin becomes transparent. Is that evolution or adaptation(there is a big difference)

The reason it is at a dead stall, is, we are masters of physical evolution. In order for us to completely understand space-time, the earth, human history of civilized tribes (I know it sounds weird but hey!), we must evolve. You notice how everything just doesnt fit, the books.

Evolution isnt linear. IMHO we are deevolving. We wash all of the sophisticated oils our bodies create, just to smell good, we are not necessarily clean. Look at how much damage shampoo does to the scalp, this subject (shampoo) is a deep one. We use products that require us to make more products and it goes on and on until, what. We become everything our bodies didnt want? We de evolve(or evolve for some) into this dry, dessicrated being. The ancients did quite the opposite, the products they took (raw earth elements) to create our ideas of civilization (shampoo, herbal remedies) and these ideas provoked our bodies to evolve and start doing some of these thing naturally.
IMO We have came along way, but we have even further to go.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlbertFish

It is not YOUR OWN brain that is evolving, however. It is someone else's (or probably would be multiple people's) brain changing yours.

If you have tech integrated with the brain, and not replacing the brain, how do you know the brain won't evolve biologically as a result of that integration?

Well I installed an anti-brainwashing chip in my newly intergrated quantum vortex lobe, so that is a non-issue for me. _Pheonix_ I suggest the same for you

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlbertFish

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
He is forgetting about an important part, we are living in times of HUGE technology evolution, soon enough we will evolve with this technology and combine ourselves with it, because there would be many uses for it. This is our brains creating a new sort of evolution, I would still call this evolution natural, because our brains are natural.
[edit on 7-10-2008 by _Phoenix_]

Don't tell me I'm a type of person most easily brainwashed, I find that offensive. I'm not a sheep or a person who blindly follows things, you don't know me.

What the hell are you talking about anyway? brainwashed? why would I get brainwashed?

I'm simply saying technology is evolving, and we naturally will evolve with it, what are you saying? that the fact that you use a computer right now to communicate with me, means your brainwashed?

Speak up, because your post doesn't make any sense.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Well I installed an anti-brainwashing chip in my newly intergrated quantum vortex lobe, so that is a non-issue for me. _Pheonix_ I suggest the same for you

Uh yeah I think I might need one as soon as possible! if that guy is right..

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join