It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Economy Was Pushed Off the Edge.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Let's get back to business.

Let's get back to facts.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Edit?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Funny thing is Rockpuck, I'm not your enemy, but rather none of the above.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Fiverz

From my limited understanding, the DTCC (Cede and Company) have physical ownership of the stock certificates; yes, physical pieces of paper are still used. The only thing that happens when someone buys or sells a stock held by Cede and Co. is an electronic assignment of these shares is changed, there is no physical transfer as there was in the past. This brings up the question, what would happen if their computer systems were to 'malfunction'..."oops! sorry Mr. No Name investor, our records don't seem to indicate you have any shares here." Just another possible way to consolidate ownership by the elite.
I have no fears though, I am getting prepared...besides not 'playing' in the markets, I have been doing yoga (which will help me bend over backwards to accommodate the almighty elite.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

What's with the 32 degree business anyhow?

You mention it, though why? Does it give you the status perception you desire? That's great and dandy in your world though it don't fly in mine. Good luck with that Mason business. Lol, you're not the real thing. I know better. Let's here it. What you got to say pretzel-man?

You got some 'powers' we should be concerned about? Why don't you edit your ID to reflect truth? That's what your here for right. Yeah, I'll be watching you Rockpuck, for your own good. You tend to get 'yourself' out of hand at times.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Rockpuck thanks for the reply much respect agree with nearly all of what you said

I see this financial crisis being a long process

the rolling of the markets for the past week appears tide to the fallout and default of LEHMAN on Credit default swaps to there numerous counter party's (who are hoarding cash). this will be sorted out friday. the following link talks about that

bigpicture.typepad.com...

There was alot of FRAUD in the last decade's deregulation party but it was due to desperation to keep a system on it's last legs a few more years.

I'm sort of "gathering my thoughts" as to what the goal is during this and what the major steps along the way will be and who will benefit and how.

i think there will be a large reaction to provide more of a governing body to oversee the the world financial system which will be comprised of the world's gov't powers as well as financial regulators. i think this body's power will be gradually increased thru the years.

I also think there is a large chance of a terrorist attack to divert what will be the growing anger of american's on "mainstreet" away from the Financial system/Fed and onto "foreigners" because the pain on mainstreet will get much worse. This will also be a tool used to strip some liberty's and get us to accept more intrustion into our private lives. Also, Our Service economy is particularly sensitive to changes in the spending habits of the upper class. Obama's tax plan may help middle class american's but squeeze "the upper's" . Cutting tax's on capital gains is one way to help keep the upper's disposable income higher but i think the economy and jobs conditions will rapidly deteriorate thru the middle of 2009.

I think washington will be more privvy to Alternative energy expansion in a very aggressive way over the next decade AS America's Loses it's monopoly on oil i.e petro dollar . The latter will result in a further reduction in the standard of living for american's but the former will = a large source of future jobs IMO.

i bit scatter brained on the issue for sure, it is surely a stressful time

the largest leveraged debt party is being unwound and the pain can not be stopped by a quik fix from the fed, unfortunately, i just hope they have enough to keep this decline "orderly".

[edit on 9-10-2008 by cpdaman]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Greek mythology is rather a 'theme' of the Earthly realm. The figures, portrayed in human form were created as personages of the cycles of life as well as the trials and tribulations of life.

The truth is out there for those who seek it.

The Elusinian trinity, can be seen as a thematic council for the changing of the times, the bringing of a new 'season', a bringer of the harvest to come.

Ceres-Demeter, thematically speaking, has been called forth out of desperation and in this time of need.

Our world is about to change drastically though for the betterment of 'society' as a whole. The Zeitgeist movement bares witness to this.

Our creator, has given us the tools for our own redemption and salvation though if one 'chooses' to take the path of that which was thrust upon you, he/she can only blame themself.

Stand up! Be counted! Speak your mind. Seek truth. Truth is self-evident. Only the truth will set you free.

The Monetary Sys-tem, will be found to be the true 'culprit' to the current and ongoing enslavement of society. Grab the "Red Dragon" by the throat, take back his shield of crimson and pearl, reveal the cloak of deception, take back your dignity.

The 'system' or 'matrix society' has been exposed. It is up to those with courage and conviction to take BACK your sovereignty of which has been sacrificed, with or without your consent.

The collective mind and heart of man is to be rediscovered at will. Currently, mankind has been divided and conquered by that which hides behind the curtain. Grasp the reigns to your destiny, may mankind from here forth focus on the inherent and collective gifts we all have to offer one another.

We truely are our Brothers keeper. Come together in unity, and forge a new path to true freedom and increased understanding of the Earth and its natural power. Is it not a 'truth' that nature itself is of the essence of our Creator? Should we not be better stewards of that which is to nourish our very existence?

If Chris Cornell can be 'enlightened' to a better world, this is evidence that you still have a chance. It's your choice. Try listening to his new albums. The singles, "Long Gone", "Be Yourself" "Scream" and "You know my name", was written within reason. Chris's life is emblematic of yours. He suffered, he never gave up. He found love. Good for him.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Great find by OP. I haven't read all the post, but wish to respond. I used to work for a large custodial bank. I have seen many of these kinds of trades. The thing with these naked short sales, is after they failed for so long, they were always settled on paper. The brokers, buyers, and DTC all got together and made paper(book) entries settling the trade and exchanging the money. Most of the time the shares never moved. The buyer would sale them back to the original broker or sometimes a different one, and just make money entries. I had always found this somewhat confusing, but the OP answered a lot of questions I had.

I also did not know the great extent in which this is all un-regulated. After reading this and other articles on the financial meltdown, I really think we the people, should push to bring back public hangings. I have a really bad feeling when all is said and done, that there are only going to be one or two token scapegoats held responsible.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CSRules

I have a really bad feeling when all is said and done, that there are only going to be one or two token scapegoats held responsible.

How about that Martha Stewart. Were her crimes on the scale of what the brokerages houses got away with during the dot-com fiasco of 1999? The brokerage houses of which fleeced billions from the taxpayers, encouraging the 'folk' with THEIR media to buy, buy, buy those those stocks with 'irrational exuberance' (good word Greenspan, few knew its meaning as 'implied'), when the brokerage houses themselves were selling, selling, selling or shorting, shorting, shorting.

Yes, the brokerage houses paid a small fine in court, admitted no guilt, business as usual.

Until the public wakes up to the reality that the international bankster cartel had 'designed' this to take place, and promoted it with 'their' media, and got off scott free with their 'owned' judges and law firms, the people will never see the 'light'. Illuminate us oh illuminati as to where your NWO will lead us next.

Does anyone ever wonder why Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan, Citibank, Morgan Stanley and a few others got away with fleecing billions, perhaps trillions, from the 'people'? Are these banks not majority owned by the International Bankster cartel? But of course!!!

Was there ever so much as a thorough and unbiased AUDIT? Does anyone remember what happened to Arthur Anderson? Who controlled Arthur Anderson? You didn't know. You weren't supposed to. not lol.

They 'really' want to 'know' what YOU are going to do about it?
They are going to find out soon enough. I can't allow this to go on, can you? Winter is approaching, do you know what they have in store for you? What do you have in store for them?

We'll see soon enough. A new 'season' is approaching. Guess who's going to be left OUT in the cold? You'll see soon enough.

Anyone ever wonder why Okahoma City bombing took place? There were some 'documents' that needed to be destroyed. Anyone know what they were and why? Why was the CIA, Mossad, Southern Poverty Law Center involved? UhOH, did I just say what you think I said? You bet.

How about that 'particular' section of the Pentagon that was bombed? I said bombed. Notice how didn't say a thing about any 'aircraft'. This was not by mistake. Ever wonder just what 'evidence' was destroyed at the Pentagon? You should.

Seek and ye shall find, they say? Will you find the truth. If so, what would you DO about it? We have the internet. We have email. We have a 'collective' will, we have alot more than we 'think' we have.

Open up your eyes, folks, then take ACTION. If you 'organize' you stand a chance. If you 'isolate' yourselves, you don't. The PTB know very well how to 'silence' an individual. What it doesn't know, is how to deal with an ARMY of educated, informed and outraged 'subjects'.

Are you willing to be a 'subject'. That's up to you now isn't it? You must have the 'courage' to save yourselves as well as the future of your 'tots', the same tots being taught by publishing houses and media that was 'thrust upon YOU'. When you investigate this, perhaps you'll understand why home schooling is so frowned upon by the PTB. Perhaps?

WE will rest 'our' case.

You may ask yourself, how does he know such things?
Better question is, "my freinds', why don't you?

[edit on 12-10-2008 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   

And what, do tell, does this have anything to do with the topic? Seriously.. and there is no such thing as a Grand Master..

Been looking at your comment and decided it won't go unpublished.

They call it 33rd degree. The word 'master' doesn't work in todays world as it never should have.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Lil bonus for the 'uninformed'.

www.youtube.com...

Oh baby, baby, baby it's a wide world.
You know the Lyrics?

Let's hear it again.

A new world awaits us.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
www.npr.org...

I thought the story of the French Stockbroker was interesting - and it seemed very relevant to me as this has been all going down - especially since he now has a job in DC.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I came across a great read which is related to Loam's excellent thread. What a saga! Here is an excerpt that shows the direction the connect-the-dots is going, but definitely worth clicking the link.

www.deepcapture.com...

Evidence suggests that Bernard Madoff, the “prominent” Wall Street operator and former chairman of the NASDAQ stock market, had ties to the Russian Mafia, Moscow-based oligarchs, and the Genovese organized crime family.

And, as reported by Deep Capture and Reuters, Madoff did not just orchestrate a $50 billion Ponzi scheme. He was also the principal architect of SEC rules that made it easier for “naked” short sellers to manufacture phantom stock and destroy public companies – a factor in the near total collapse of the American financial system.

I don’t know why, but this seems like a good time to tell you a little about my personal history. Along the way, I’ll mention a murder, two suicides (or “suicides”), a punch in the face, a generous bribe, three Armani suits in bar, and a “prominent” billionaire who might know something about a death threat and a Russian matryoshka doll.

But actually, this story isn’t about me. It’s about Patrick Byrne, the fellow who got me into this mess.

The story, like so many others, begins on August 12, 2005 – the day that Patrick Byrne, the CEO of Overstock.com and future reporter for Deep Capture (a leading investigative news outfit), delivered a famous conference call presentation entitled, “The Miscreants Ball.”

To the 500 Wall Street honchos who listened in to this conference call, Patrick said that a network of miscreants was using a variety of tactics – including naked short selling (phantom stock) – to destroy public companies for profit. He said this scheme had the potential to crash the financial markets, but that the SEC did nothing because the SEC had been compromised – or “captured” – by unsavory operators on Wall Street.
Patrick added that he believed the scheme’s mastermind — “just call him the Sith Lord” — was a “famous criminal from the 1980s.”

In January 2006, I was working as an editor for the Columbia Journalism Review, a well-respected ( if somewhat dowdy) magazine devoted to media criticism. Patrick had claimed that some prominent journalists were “corrupt” and were working with prominent hedge funds to cover up the naked short selling scandal, so I called to discuss.

Patrick picked up the phone and said: “Chasing this story will take you down a rabbit hole with no end.” He said that the story had it all – diabolical billionaires, phantom stock, dishonest journalists, crooked lawyers, black box organizations on Wall Street, and a crime that could very well cause a meltdown of our financial system.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Posted yesterday at 3:18am. Truly an incredible saga

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The man that dumped half of Britain' Gold reserve near the bottom of the market.....Hm?

LONDON (AFP) – Prime Minister Gordon Brown said Monday the financial crisis must not be an excuse to retreat into protectionism and instead be viewed as the "difficult birth-pangs of a new global order".

"Or we could view the threats and challenges we face today as the difficult birth-pangs of a new global order -- and our task now as nothing less than making the transition through a new internationalism to the benefits of an expanding global society."

Text

Trickey little devil.

If Global, still translates to World, I may have to reassess my aversion to Illuminati Theory.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

Hey, thanks for directing me to that thread, I missed it on the board and it didn't come up in my search.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Don't know how I missed this thread and the other connected thread. I did present this stuff on other threads but fell far short on explaining it in my posts. A tremendous job Loam.

Unfortunately I have been victimized multiple times from naked short sellers. I truly think they follow my yahoo id around and attack every stock for which I posted on the Yahoo boards, as I was adamant in exposing this for the longest time. Letters to all the authorities, calls to companies, etc. I even posted on boards where I held no position to see if the same would happen and indeed they were soon attacked.

I think Obama and crew are fully aware of this situation and are trying to fix it the best they can. In Obama's speeches he has repeatedly said " those who wish to destroy us will be defeated". I always immediately thought of this situation. It won't be long in my opnion, that all of those involved will eventually pay the price and prosecuted as the financial terrorists that they are.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Hope the hierarchy agrees that it's worth a little bandwidth to return the thanks KJ

[edit on 29-1-2009 by OBE1]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Stick it to Shorty

Fellow marketeers; an opportunity to register your protest.

Zero Tolerance on naked shorting in the US

Zero Tolerance on Naked Shorting in Canada

GL

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join