It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Iranian Mystery Ship: Death from the Sea

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I find myself uneasy at my speculations, however a few things just sound a bit weird to me. Firstly, this Iranian ship carrying a "terrorist" payload gets hijacked and taken by pirates (They did a favor???). They then demand ransom, and (Wasnt it a russian ship previously? OR maybe im going by the wrong news)...

Anyway so the Americans 'pay' to get it back, despite their "We do not take demands from Terrorists'...

And now we find out its a terrorism act, which will further more cause huge anti-Iran or etc opinions.

-- I am probably hugely wrong at my facts but to me this just seems yet another 'TERRORISM' ploy, designed to instill fear in the masses again. --

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Wouldn't a dirty bomb the size of an entire ship spread radiation clear across the Middle East? Look at what happened from Chernobyl. If the conventional explosives were enough to blow up the entire ship, I think they would be powerful enough to eject radioactive material high enough into the atmosphere to get some serious travel distance...

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by friendforafoe

Thank you for your reply.

Originally posted by friendforafoe
Actually it WAS Andrew Mwangura that stated it originally.

He actually told local SOM press on the 08 SEP [..] it's from the Tehran Times haha). Here's the link: www.tehrantimes.com...

Ha ha, Tehran Times, (spits sideways).

Actually though, as reported on Sept. 4th, Hassan Allore Osman investigated. His report of pirate death and illness was confirmed by The Long War Journal.

authorities dispatched a delegation led by Minister of Minerals and Oil Hassan Allore Osman to investigate the situation on September 4. Osman also confirmed to The Long War Journal that during the six days he negotiated with the pirates members of the syndicate had become sick and died. "That ship is unusual," he said. "It is not carrying a normal shipment."

That is prior to the news reports that quote Andrew. Maybe this is where Andrew got his info?

he claimed the weapons on FAINA were headed for Sudan, which Ukraine and Sudan (not surprisingly) denied according to one source, BUT that's actually a crime under Kenya's criminal procedure code (and has been long before his arrest) so he went to jail for that

Its only a crime it its untrue, right? According to one report the pirates have recovered confidential documents from the FAINA that validate his allegations.

Shortly afterword a report by a U.S. Navy Spokesman was released that also confirms his reports.

My guess will be that if he is in contact with the pirates, these documents will be presented on the record in court to secure his release. Of course that can't be allowed, so some negotiations will probably find him suddenly freely released, but jobless. The court date is Oct. 7th.

I stand corrected about the 14 ships, thanks!

[edit on 10/5/08 by makeitso]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Here are some Tehran Times article on the sanctions:

www.tehrantimes.com...

www.tehrantimes.com...

www.tehrantimes.com...

Here's a reference to what sounds like the VM Deyanet:

"Armed pirates on Thursday hijacked an Iranian bulk carrier with 29 crew and a Japanese-operated chemical tanker with 19 crew within an hour in the Gulf of Aden in an unprecedented spate of attacks, Noel Choong, head of the Kuala Lumpur-based International Maritime Bureau's (IMB) Piracy Reporting Centre had earlier said.

""We are trying to use diplomatic means to release sailors of the hijacked Iranian ship which was carrying 40,000 tons of iron ore from China to the Netherlands,"" Managing Director of the Islamic Republic of Iran Shipping Lines (IRISL) Mohammad-Hossein Dajmar said Saturday."

They state that the ship was going to deliver iron ore to Netherlands, while others report they just got done dropping iron ore of at China.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Isn't it interesting how the cargo is described by various reports? They don't actually conflict, but they are all vauge and different.

RussiaToday.com
October 4, 2008

“Our vessel was not travelling from Iran but was going from China to the Netherlands. It was carrying rocks, cement and metals and not chemicals as reported by our foes,” said Mahmud Akhmadi from the Parliamentarian Committee on Security and Foreign Relations of Iran.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Here is an article on a dirty bomb using powdered plutonium, which is dangerous if inhaled or swallowed, but not as radioactive otherwise. Definetely worth reading.

www.nci.org...

Plutonium is not easy to detect during transportation and is virtually harmless if not ingested. But even minute amounts of plutonium powder are totally deadly when inhaled or swallowed.

Russia is building a 1,000-megawatt nuclear reactor in Iran that will produce non-weapons-grade plutonium. But it will produce unlimited quantities of radioactive waste, plutonium good for dirty bombs and other dangerous radioactive compounds -- sufficient to load onto ballistic missiles targeted at Israel instead of the nukes that Iran does not have; or maybe provide terrorists with radioactive powder to add to suicide bombs instead of nails.In a year or two the Iranian reactor will be operational, and the United States seems ready to prevent this at all costs.

The article is from June 2002.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

Great find! Seems all of our digging is rooting out an abundance of contradictions. Seems like there is more talk than was originally supposed.

I can't help but notice that the Iranians keep changing their story. The crew has changed their story on the cargo several times. Does n't look good when officials, crew or shipping line are saying completely different things.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by ballast]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ballast

I'm sure the Iranians have heard the rumors on the cargo . . . I wonder if they are smart enough to use conflicting/vague language as a tool? If they know the world is slightly afraid of what they are up to . . . they could be vague, in order to keep the world on their toes? Gives them more power when at the table . . . or at least keeps the power they now wield over some nation's psyche's.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Cme to think of it Plutonium is a mineral. A mineral is a rock, even if it's sand size, isn't it? Therefore, I suppose that although they were vague, they may not have actually been lying. Kind of pulling a Clinton, but not actually lying.

Still, it's all very shady.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ballast
The consquences of such a "horror" actually affecting millions is beyond my comprehension. No one on this globe should deserves to die like that.

Like... Depleted uranium, eh? No one deserves to live in an area with depleted uranium.

But no one would use THAT as a weapon, I'm sure...

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone's pointed this thread out. We've been talking about this incident for a while here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

-ChriS

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Actually, plutonium is a metal, not a mineral.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
My two cents, ignore if you please:

Blah blah blah...when digesting all of this just remember the Gulf of Tonkin. The west has a pretty established history of setting up situations in our favor...even if we have to outright lie about it.

Isreal spits as much hate as Iran does, and threatens/begs for military action against the other just the same. Not too long ago they were saying how they really want to take military action against Iranian nuclear facilities with America's help. So let us not forget that when we throw our rage at Iran for...doing the exact same thing (minus us of course).

Maybe I am just terrified that rumor can turn to a war-cry real quick...and often does.

I don't see why Iran would attempt something like this, I don't see why it was/is taken seriously by so many people here. It may just be me, but the whole story reaked of propoganda from start.

Out of synch with our nations worldview Iran may be...but they are not suicidal. An extremist may blow others of his own up in order to make a point...Iran is not extremist; they like to talk a big game, just like Isreal does.

The only difference is, Iran has a reason to be deeply distrustful of the west...

...we made sure Time's, 'Man of the Year', their president, was overthrown and an oppressive, more cooperative, regime was installed.

But without our comfy ignorance, we couldn't have our Axis of Evil to rally against, now could we?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Perhaps we could gain control of the ship militarily - US or UN - and return the ship to one of Iran's ports.

I'm sure Iran would appreciate having it back.

It's their stuff, give it back to them....

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Another article on Somali pirates and the ukranian ship-with pictures. Somalia is without civilization, government, food and in many cases water. The pirates are standing their ground-can't fault their bravery or commitment. I admire the fact that they don't kill their hostages, a powerful and disaplined move. Amazing they are holding together with those giant intimdating warships surrounding them.

It's like I imagine the prehistoric man (we) must have done facing down a behemoth. Epic!

Note: Reference to previous post regarding "plutonium powder". One of the things that has had me puzzled, is how the original crew on the Iranian ship managed to spend so much time on the ship. If the load was toxic, why didn't they die, too? If it had to be inhaled or swallowed that answers the question. The pirates must have opened the bags, I'll bet they suspected drugs. Maybe they even tasted it?

[edit on 5-10-2008 by ballast]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Desert Dawg

Well, hello "Desert Dawg!" I'm out in the high desert of Nv. myself. Nice piece of tourquise! Wish I had a mine. Lord knows I've looked hard enough.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by spines

Let's not throw "rage" anywhere. Let's instead state that even "if" the "alleged" cargo turns out to be what it appears to be, that we do something original-LIKE NOT CREATE MORE WAR!

Let's sit down internationally, investigate and prosecute or ?????

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ballast

You state that the US has to respect the flags of others' ships.

Well, only the big boys are immune from the US Navy... maybe they stand down under Russian and or Chinese pressure.

Ever since the great Reagan and the war on drugs- God only knows how many acts of piracy have been commited by our own guys ( that is, messing with and boarding destroying confiscating stealing vessels on the high seas- international waters- with whom you are NOT at war ) ?

I'm only pointing out that restraint is not the forte of these commands...

This whole thing is balderdash... everything is created or at least spun- on the MSM, IMO.

However, the thought of pirates mistaking a load of pulverised plutonium for drugs ( and ' tasting it ' ) is hilarious.

I hope it doesn't occur to these enemies 'o ours to ship the stuff through Columbia ! We could lose most of the DEA, all drug lawyers, and half the coast gaurd in a matter of days...

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Desert Dawg

why would they want someone elses `stuff` - it was sailing no where near iran - china netherlands was the route.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
All this war-mongering from USA/Israel against Iran about blowing up stuff, killing people, attacks on important utilities, but when a ship that is supposedly Iranian attempts to cross the Suez Canal...WHOAA!! Call out the whambulance, Iranians are terrorists, don't attack the only "democracy" in the ME, Israelis are god's chosen, they can do anything they want.....

www.youtube.com...

LOL! STFU.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join