It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Must Read: Hidden in Bailout Bill

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I find it amusing how people think they are not kept track of.
Records of your address,license plate,social security number,debit purchases....are all interlinked to track your every move already.
There really is no need to chip you,unless we are all stripped of our clothing like adam and eve,which is why they were booted from the garden of eden,they realised they were dressed as slaves you see,and asked questions of the PTB (God).
Mankind has been trying to free himself from the very beginning.
No matter how hard one tries,one cannot completely free one's self without removing one's self from the system completely.
For most of you,there is absolutely no way you could fathom this,you are too dependent.
The pain of freedom is similar to the pain of servitude.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by chiponbothshoulders]

[edit on 4-10-2008 by chiponbothshoulders]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

LOL!!!!! As IF your account information is the ONLY thing that will be on the RFID chip.

Try over 2,000 pages of information and a GPS positioning for the satellites orbiting above.

RFID can only track you if you are within close proximity of a reader, I presume the end plan is to have these chips on your person and then read where you are based on readers in shops, bars at the end of street and if need be also pay for items with it. Just go out in the country and you'll be free from their evil!!! Saying that tieing payments into something that you also want to use for tracking then mobile phones would be better bet, everyone has them and the infrastructure is already there and paid for willingly by us.

[edit]
Ahh here we are payment by mobile phone en.wikipedia.org... This also allows for easy tracking and I guess if it's done under the guise of "this new technology listens to what you're talking about and delivers you information on your topic immediately!" they could monitor everything you say isn't that something that you'd want???

.....With Consent

Here is my inspired thread on the subject www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4/10/2008 by spitefulgod]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ACEMANN
Banks are no longer required to keep cash on hand for deposits made - please read the info in the link above! It looks like a lot to digest but the OP does a great job walking the reader through the bill.

And yes, folks. This passed today. I'm not going to comment any further - I just hope as many people as possible read this

(thanks ATS and tickerforum)

www.tickerforum.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

Yes, that's what has been really amended into Section 203. Any bank can de-install ATMs in front of its building and keep 0 per centum reserves, but that won't prevent you to transfer your account to some other bank that is more convenient to do business with. Banks love new customers and some of them will maintain the amount of reserves necessary to stay in business.

Where does the "which-may-be-zero" idea come from? I think it comes from here: www.sec.gov...

But making changes of this kind would be unfair without raising the amount that FDIC insures your deposit. It went up from $100,000 to $250,000. That decreases the number of depositors who may get very nervous after reading a blog written by FancyMancyInsolvency.

But what if FancyMancyInsolvency happens to be right?
In that case make sure that you are the first customer in line.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Seems in the US that your banks can loan out huge sums of money compared to the amount of deposits they hold.

I was watching the news here in the UK and they covered this for UK banks. Most lend out slightly more than they have in deposits, but its like only 10-20% more.

A couple of banks actually hold more deposits than the loans given out, like HSBC, which seems to have a couple of Billion more in deposits than in total loans out. I was really surprised at this as listening to you guys in the US would make it sound like they all loan out £100 for every pound you put in. Doesn't seem to be the case here.

It seems to me that this whole financial mess comes entirely out of the US, due to the way you lot bank and giving loans to hill-billy's who couldn't afford them.

The only reason why UK and EU banks seem to be in trouble is because they either decided to get involved in the US market themselves and got burnt, or have hit trouble in raising new cash because the US economic problems have infected the world money markets.

None have seemed to fail because of foreclosure rates or problems here in the UK/EU, but merely as a result of being infected by the "toxic" situation in the US.

Take France, for example. They're banks are rock solid, because they are naturally cautious and largely stayed out of the whole Real Estate game in the USA. All the EU banks that are in trouble have direct links to US operations, the ones that are solid are the ones that stayed out and played the sensible game.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
So in a nut shell doing away with all paper money and eventually just a bunch of "credits" given for our work?

Screw that if thats the case I still use cash and won't stop funny some places don't even take cash.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Can't be coming too soon because they are releasing some new dollar coins with the presidents on them. Money is really worth what it used to be anyways. Try going to the bank and asking for that gold that them green backs supposedly worth. From what I understand the dollar was used to replace using gold as currency and that the dollar was equal to an amount of gold (maybe a flake?) and was transferrable at any point and time. Do you think we got enough gold to cover the amount of dollars that are out there. Hell no! We just keep printing it and it keeps watering itself down.

-Aza

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

Check into project L.U.C.I.D.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Azathoth

No, you haven't anywhere near the Gold reserves to back the dollars, but then, you don't have to. No one uses the Gold standard anymore, the US and much of the world came off it in the 60's and 70's.

Gold Standard and why we came off it, have a read.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
So Israel is a cashless society already?!?!

Coincidence??

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Azathoth

Wow azthoth,I wouldn't have expected you to still believe the fairy tale that US dollars are redeemable in gold,especially since it is written right on them that they are a debt note,legal tender,not Money.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Well Stu,

Maybe the queen should have banked AND taken lessons from HSBC so she wouldn't be one of the "hill-billys" that couldn't afford what she bought either.

AB1

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuDaCrIs
I don't quite get where all the paranoia is coming from. Banks already keep a very low percentage of deposits as cash.

If you want to re-assure yourself with physical cash, then you'd be assuming a piece of paper holds value. And that is just the point here; money is nothing more than a belief that some value is stored in it, in particular when you are dealing with fiat money. Whether you have faith in a piece of paper or some numbers in a computer, I really don't see the difference.

Here's the difference - If you have a pile of cash in your house someone has to break in and take it - if its digital on a banks computer they just have to make a couple of keystrokes to steal it. That is a major difference even if the paper is more or less worthless.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles
So Israel is a cashless society already?!?!

Coincidence??

Here is the irony, Hebrew has no word for "coincidence". That's a cool fact huh?

And I'm not surprised, look at the pagan symbol on their flag.

Contrary to popular belief, that is NOT the star of David. Solomon adopted that pagan symbol.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

If your alluring to what i think you alluring to, you haven't got the faintest clue what that was about nor do you understand what was requested or even how the palaces are maintained or how the Queen recieves income from the Civil List.

Honestly, if you want to strike a nerve in retalliation for a perceived slur, pick a subject you know, not one you clearly don't understand and have maybe read two paragraphs in a tabloid on.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Nothing was perceived, and I have a far more appropos solution, how about, instead, you stay out of economics in the US period, and I'll simply let you get back to your monarchy and I'm sure we'll both be happy.

See ya

Edit to note that I have never in my LIFE allured to anything, but have been known many times in my life to allude to quite a lot.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by alphabetaone]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I use cash as much as I possibly can, so about 90% of the time. The only time I use my debit/credit card is for really large purchases when cash is not ideal, or when I haven't had a chance to stop by the ATM machine outside my local bank branch so I can make a withdrawal. I've always been that way. I absolutely refuse to have a credit card, and if the debit card that I was issued with my current checking account didn't have credit card capabilities, I'd not have one today. Credit cards, and the potential for debt just a purchase away, just don't sit well with me.

You know the funny thing about avoiding credit cards or any form of credit for that matter? When you go apply for a loan and they check out your credit rating, red flags are thrown because there's so little activity shown. Last time I had to get a loan, which was for my car, the loan officer told me that because I had so little to go on for credit history that most banks would probably be very wary of working with me on a loan. Luckily I'd had a loan through this particular place before, so they knew I was trustworthy. But, my point is that if you don't use credit much or at all, and you still pay all of your bills and stuff on time and maintain zero debt, you are viewed by the credit industry as a less than ideal customer. Pretty frigging dumb if you ask me. Even the loan officer said it is silly how it works, but that's just the way it is.

I'll be using cash as much as possible until no one accepts it anymore. I'd much rather have to carry some around with me than have everything I buy recorded on some hard drive, ready to be used for who knows what purposes without my knowledge or consent.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I really lost the faith in Congress i regained. We, the people, are meaningless - powerless. Can we ever defeat the system?

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

If enough people stand shoulder to shoulder, sure the system can be defeated.

But with seemingly so many people with seemingly so much to lose....it becomes, seemingly impossible.

I for one, though, retain hope that we will.

AB1

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

That's the holy truth. The Congress can hardly persuade the folks abroad to do business as usual with "those greedy Yanks." But who got really greedy? The French guys?
Nope.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join