It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank of America branch managers just received a message

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
It doesnt matter if the rumor is true or not, everyones hearing it and about the silent run on Wachovia. Ive seen my friends doing this as well. That means the runs will happen even if the rumor isnt true.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

yes bank of america is stopping credit cards, i called on a card i had for 4 years and had not used, but wanted to use convenience checks they kept sending, they said ok and i used one only for it to bounce and acct closed. this was on sept.29. also my neighbor works as teller for local bank and all week they have had large withdrawals and having to call in to get cash to cover these withdrawals...

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
its true. (boa) will run out of money before the holidays.

Safeguard yourselves.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Had a look at the Hal Turner site - I wouldn't trust much of anything he says, but wanted to get the full claim.

Got a kick out of one comment left there: "I believe it...I just called BofA and these idiots pretended as if they didn't know jack!!!"

How thick is that? I presume I'm not the only one who sees the blatant stupidity in that comment....

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Memysabu
It doesnt matter if the rumor is true or not, everyones hearing it and about the silent run on Wachovia. Ive seen my friends doing this as well. That means the runs will happen even if the rumor isnt true.

And if everyone goes to the bank today to pull their cash, it will guarantee that tomorrow they will close... Nice huh?

Google Video Link

MONEY AS DEBT

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

That's $600.00 more than I have, so you're in good shape.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
In many respects the Great Depression was an exersize in psychology. People lost confidence in the system and the end result is well known. We have the same thing here but worse IMHO.

As in stressfull chaotic times, rumors like this can and do spread and take on a life of thier own. As they take hold the generate a self fulfilling prophesy. People hear what they want to hear and panic, pull more money out and then triggering perhaps a real event.

CLosing US banks for a week would do nothing more than provide a speed bump on the way down IMHO. And unless all of the central banks played ball, and shut down as well, the panic begun here would spread far and wide resulting in a global takedown.

Once the herd stampedes its hard to stop.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

listen if you bank with bank of america , city bank , or jp morgan chase
Get your money out of those banks, watch zeitgeist addendum ..

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
And so, yet another pointless and flagrantly implausible thread fades away into the sunset.

You know what, this site is devoted to uncovering falsehoods and lies, and yet ironically it seems to be the place where most of those events are perpetrated.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
And so, yet another pointless and flagrantly implausible thread fades away into the sunset.

You know what, this site is devoted to uncovering falsehoods and lies, and yet ironically it seems to be the place where most of those events are perpetrated.

Ahh yes...and here we are a few months later and learned that we were on the brink of a bank collapse world wide....

You many now officially place 2 feet in your mouth.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Hahaha... Good on ya...

Hold the Haters accountable!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision

Originally posted by zysin5
Edit..
AFter a little reseach.. I found this whole thing to be a scare tatic.
Rumor.. So I took off my post as not to promote the idea of this happening today..

Solarstorm has unfortunately been posting alot of unsubstantiated articles as of late. I must say I am disappointed that so many ATSr's believe something the minute it is in print or posted on the web.

"Reliable word"? what does that even mean? Why drum up alarm for the sake of garnering more ATS points for yourself, solar?

[edit on 2-10-2008 by NightVision]

HAHA... this is my favorite one...

Looks like a veritable feast of crow held in your honor solar!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by NightVision

Originally posted by zysin5
Edit..
AFter a little reseach.. I found this whole thing to be a scare tatic.
Rumor.. So I took off my post as not to promote the idea of this happening today..

Solarstorm has unfortunately been posting alot of unsubstantiated articles as of late. I must say I am disappointed that so many ATSr's believe something the minute it is in print or posted on the web.

"Reliable word"? what does that even mean? Why drum up alarm for the sake of garnering more ATS points for yourself, solar?

[edit on 2-10-2008 by NightVision]

HAHA... this is my favorite one...

Looks like a veritable feast of crow held in your honor solar!

Ya...and this ATS clown "Nightvision" feels the duty to appoint himself as an ATS rent a cop who monitors member posts to "garner" ATS points. As if at the end of the day I am going to cash these points in for my long awaited ATS thong from the ATS store. Gimme a break.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by solarstorm]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

GOLD is crashing?!? Holy Shiite!!! THAT's where I put all of my funds!!!

Kidding of course....I have everything taped in my freezer....the rest, under the mattress (which explains the crick in my back).

Actually, I have nothing left....I'm wiped out....too bad Life Insurance doesn't cover certain death scenarios....

Kidding, again. As Captain Kirk once said, 'There are always options...' Of course, I'm paraphrasing....

<< 5  6  7   >>

join