It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate- Palin vs. Biden: The Thread

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
THANK YOU!

Stop the genocide in Darfur!!
Woop Woop!

I have been waiting for somebody to talk about Darfur and for action, get something done!

link   
WOW! Biden broke the poll again. And Sarah is dipping again. No, now the women are above the line, dropping, dropping, back to dead middle. Man this is amusing.

link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
reply to post by seagrass

Very true..It's a regional dialectal colloquialism...(yes, I made that up).

But it's true..
Like WARSHington DC.
I don't say that... who says it like that?

link   
Is it just my perception or does Biden look a bit ashen tonight.? The sides of his face seem yellowish. Maybe he just needs some vitamin d3.

Oh and to whoever mentioned Palin using "darn" and "heck" - I thought it sounded tacky.

link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Originally posted by Finn1916
Come on guys, spelling errors are the least of the things we should be talking about. we have way more important things to converse about than someone spelling something wrong, especially considering some of us are playing the drinking game. when is the next debate? we need a game for that one too.

Drinking? Hey...I don't have a webcam. This is getting me spooked!

And yes I agree spelling is a low blow...but come on...he did it twice and did not get my melamine children dying point. And it is a suitable metaphor, because I honestly do not believe that Bush or his cronies really have a plan to build an underground city to house their future offspring.

It is a big deal.

It is a big deal, and I agree with your metaphor. just pointing things out, not an attack in anyway.

Of course they voted for the war, they were lied to, does she not get that? all of us were lied to by the president, of course people believed him, when we found out he lied, people started being against it. Only a few people support it now.

Stop talking about alaska sara, i don't have much whiskey left!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Yes I just noticed him rubbing his left eye. True Biden is admiting mistakes, Palin just keeps saying well he's a maverick and ruffles feathers.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Most of my family says WARSHington.
I'm one of the few that doesn't, they say I talk funny.

link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct
Is it just my perception or does Biden look a bit ashen tonight.? The sides of his face seem yellowish. Maybe he just needs some vitamin d3.

Oh and to whoever mentioned Palin using "darn" and "heck" - I thought it sounded tacky.

shoot, that aint tacky, thats suthern! boy howdy, i'm quite partial to her suthern drawl. yeehaw! nuttin better than a yankee from alaska tryin to have a southern dialect

link   
oh my god, I can no longer sit here and Watch palin with her smart ### smirk and her backhand high school comments. She is behaving just like the movie "Mean Girls"

God help us if she makes it to the White House

link   
I said along time ago that they Obama wanted to get us involved in Darfur.

Biden just proved me right.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
honestly, that smile is very annoying by palin

link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct

I'm waiting for dang, that's my favorite. Gall darned and dad gummit.

link   

Originally posted by Kriskaos
Wanna, Gonna not proper English Im sorry anyone in Public office especially as VP should speak properly didn't she study communications in college?

Actually it can be quite effective as long as it seems humble. I do believe it is intentional too. I am in sales and I frequently speak in plain (sometimes incorrect) english because it sounds sincere and has an honest ring to it. It is all about power, sometimes the way to win is to seem as if the other has the power.

: )

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Sarah: He knows how to win a war. We did not win vietnam or korea.

Hard to win a war inside of a prison cell.

There ya go Joe. You referenced Bush adm again.

And that wiley smirk is making my hand itch.

[edit on 10/2/2008 by jpm1602]

link   
He is whoopin' her @ss on foriegn policy! She doesn't seem to have any knowledge of her own. McCain knows how to win a war??? Since when does being a prisoner of war mean you know how to win a war???

I just got to say it again... Sarah Baracuda meet Joey the Shark!

link   
those meters are through the roof again for biden

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

Most of my family says WARSHington.
I'm one of the few that doesn't, they say I talk funny.
Where are you from? Do you say creeeek or crick?

link   
Chris Rock said it best in his new standup "But he got caught, I'd rather vote for the guy who got away"

link   
She just lost my respect. Mccain knows how to win a war? No one wins in war, there is nothing civil about war. Everyone loses except the ones making guns and ammo. Both sides lose people and everyone is changed, usually for the worse.

You are not a team of mavericks, stop winking, try to win epople over, not lose them.

How many times is she gonna bring up greed on wall street and washington? nd she is not working class, what does the beauty queen know about working class?

[edit on 10/2/2008 by Finn1916]

link   
maverick .take a shot..... im wathcing that movie tonight now

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join