It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Problem... She's out of her league

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mind is the universe
Shes a complete hillybilly, who think's Iraq was a mission from God.

See what your forgetting is that 1/3 of all americans fall into this quote above.
And the GOP have a long history of exploiting their ideology to acquire their vote. That leaves the minorities and young americans for the dems to procure. Its an eternal tug of war with these different cultures of thought.

AAC

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Once again, the people who claim Palin is not qualified, or is out of her league, put the same focus right back on Obama.

The leftist media did their jobs, they managed to get an interview with her and hit her with "gotcha" questions. Then focus on it for weeks. But let Biden slip up and say he saw President Roosevelt on TV in 1929...it is virtually ignored....ah that's the good ole Joe we know and love!

I'm looking forward to the debate Thursday, then we will see who is out of their league.

For the record it was Kathleen Parker who wrote the article, hardly a leftwinger by any strech.

Their is no such thing as "gotcha" questions, you either know about something or you dont, she obviously doesn't. The "gotcha question" is Sen. McCain again playing the gender car and blaming the media for been to hard on poor Sarah. He could had save all this trouble by making a smart pick.

As far as Biden goes, like you said Joe would be Joe, one thing is forgetting about something that happen almost 75 years ago than not knowing about you own running mate track record or the bailout which is all over the news. Completely unexcusable.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

The fact that you can't see a simple-minded god-fearing american whose only asset it as pretty face and brevity, only reminds me that you love defending the position you've grown roots on top of.

She is ridiculous. And I saw Biden's Roosevelt slip on every late-night show, btw. Palin is a proxy VP, and just because Reagan shouted np republican should ever talk bad about another republican, well that was indoctrination my conservative friend.

AAC

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Once again, the people who claim Palin is not qualified, or is out of her league, put the same focus right back on Obama.

This thread wasnt about Obama. I have actually argued in other posts that while I think Obama is intelligent, and while I do not question his sincere desire to do good in the world, that I feel he is still too naive to be swimming with that pack of sharks. I think he think he has potential, but I think his optimism and his ego ( he knows he is intelligent, and being too sure of yourself can lead to problems) make him vulnerable to manipulation.

I personally do not support either of the two "main" candidates.

However, if I had to choose between Palin and Obama, (ignoring the two more experienced politicians, I would feel better with Obama. He at least has the proper tool to figure out what is going on. He may start out inexperienced, but he is intelligent enough that he at least has a prayer of coming up to speed quickly. Sarah Palin, in my opinion, simply lacks the mental tool to do so. No amount of experience is going to make her the sort of mind that can play chess and win against the leaders of other countries.

If you notice, I included McCain in the group of people who were options for President this year that DID have that kind of mind. I am not being partisan here. I am simply making an observation about Sarah herself as opposed to the others.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   

tina fey is going to have plenty material this week.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
what that interview shows, is katie couric has more intellect then palin... and that katie is more qualified for vice-president then palin is. now that should scare alot of people. i think this should piss off alot of women, because it has set them back...at least in the republican party.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

yup... i can't wait for saturday night live....hahaha...tina fey and her writers don't even have to write a script...just imitate palin for the big laughs. tina fey must have watched this interview with her jaw dropped all the way to the floor. palin must be interviewing for a job on FOX NEWS, but she will have to dye her hair blond.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
yeah but she is soooo cute. i love that finger lick thing she did *sigh* sooo cute.
i am so voting for her. mcain, i mean mcain and her.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I thought the same thing about Bush Jr., Clinton and Carter. All "small town" folk. They adapted. I'm still amazed that these people became presidents. Surely there are better qualified people. I guess the really smart people are just too smart to want to be president. So then it comes down to heart and good intentions. I'm sure Palin has both. But not sure why McCain chose her. He could have done better. Same with Obama. He could have done better. (Binden? He doesn't represent change.)

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix1111
I thought the same thing about Bush Jr., Clinton and Carter. All "small town" folk. They adapted. I'm still amazed that these people became presidents.

Bush Jr adapted?!!! are you for real. When he popped out and before he was probably baptised his father said he will be next president of America. To be honest, come to think of it I can't imagine him being baptised either! The only adaption he did. Was continue his father's trechery. That's what his family do. They continue the satanic pattern. I don't see adaption. I just see the nation adapting to them.

I'm not amazed, I amazed you don't see it yet.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

Dude... This scared the daylights out of me... Mumbling and almost idiotic Palin? Sheesh...

People wake up and smell the coffee.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I wonder how any one of us would do if similarly interviewed?

There's a lot of stuff the Prez has to know and it looks difficult to make a reasonably informed comment on some things that aren't at the top of the list.

One reason for the cabinet, experts in a particular field and the like.
The Prez can order up information and make decisions as required.

Aside from picking on presidential hopefuls, we should take a look at our congress and think about what many of them know or have experienced.

Strikes me that many of them have never held a job of any kind and don't have a clue as to what's going on in the real world.

They don't seem to be able to see any farther than the next election....

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Desert Dawg

well i think you have to remember none of us are running for VP of the united states. However i think people who visit these forums do have a better idea of whats going on than palin.

I think its clear she will be no use at all to the government at this level. Is Mccain going to be asking her advice on anything? i very much doubt it. Palin is a mascot. A cheap stunt to win votes she should not be in this position. The US has a tarnished reputation due to this administration if palin becomes vp or even the president america will be a laughing stock.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by yeti101]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
reply to post by Desert Dawg

well i think you have to remember none of us are running for VP of the united states. However i think people who visit these forums do have a better idea of whats going on than palin.

I think its clear she will be no use at all to the government at this level. Is Mccain going to be asking her advice on anything? i very much doubt it. Palin is a mascot. A cheap stunt to win votes she should not be in this position. The US has a tarnished reputation due to this administration if palin becomes vp or even the president america will be a laughing stock.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by yeti101]

I realize none of us are in the running for VP, just thought I'd point out that there's a wide field of subjects the Prez or VP can be questioned on.

She'll get better as time goes on.
More than likely far better than some of the lackluster and self serving VPs we've had in the last few years.

As for the US having a tarnished reputation?
I don't see where Palin will hurt anything in that category and in fact may give us a new form of respect.

Seems that the peoples of many countries don't like us, but I note that a great many of them want to live here . . . legally or illegally....

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desert Dawg
She'll get better as time goes on.

Boy this is funny. I suggest we assign her to a team of neurosurgeons in your local hospital and give her a scalpel. She'll probably be not so good at first, but after a couple of thousands botched operation get the basic hang of it. I man she knows how to field dress a moose, that's a good start.

I don't see where Palin will hurt anything in that category and in fact may give us a new form of respect.

If you don't see that Palin is becoming laughing stock, you are willfully blind.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Many of you seem to miss the point that the reason Palin is adored by some of us is exactly that she is "unqualified'

What is being Qualified?

Knowing all about Fannie and Freddie ?

Being an expert in Real Estate Markets ?

Understanding the politics of the Cold War ?

Being an Insider?

People... YES katie has more "Political" knowledge than Palin

and Politics is UNINTELLIGENT, it is LIES, it is completely utterly made up subjects and opinions with zero capacity to ever prove a point, it is trendy issues, it is buzz words, it is being abrest in a way of Generalities of a wide range of subjects that effect people and being able to: SAY WHAT THEY WISH TO HEAR

I think... it's all BS, I think, not One Candidate IS a professional Military Commander, Economist, or Diplomat... I think 3 of 4 are POLITICIANS

For arguments sake... the real job of a President.. To make judgement calls after being informed on the details of Major issues and crisis faceing America... to agree or disagree with sides presented to you by Experts involved in process... Millions of Americans working to make things happen.

What Politician is informed? Beyond the BUZZ? Who? So Palin doesn't have the Buzz down... so what? What does this actually mean? She won't sound as slick? She is limited in her responses because she lacks the Polish? If she comes out good in the debate after weeks of being preped does it change anything? Or if she Looses? Because she is thrown insider, media terminolgy and hot topic nonsense that really...means nothing given the need for yes and no answers?

Take for example abortions?

Veto or no Veto? Is she a doctor? If religous is she Biblical scholar?

Are any of them?

Does it matter if... she knows the details and history of Row vs Wade in retrospect to a real Americans opinion on the subject?

The start of life? A presidents decision perhaps... does she have or any of them have info on what happens when a sperm hits an egg and the spiritual ramifications beyond... impression, faith and the science presented to her by EXPERTS... does any candidate? Does it matter in that YES or NO decision if, she knows the details of the history of the politics...or is it anything more than a matter of agree or disagree with her opinion?

Likewise

a fictional example

The Russia, Invades Ukraine on a random Tuesday, the President and all staff had no reason to see it comeing...

Which candidate will make a response as a true Military tactician? Any or None? Will it be as simple as honor Nato or Don't

Mccain was in a war... so what? How much knowledge aside from contracts and other bs and treaties (that obviously just were broken) does anyone have in office...as a professional politician?

Does Mccain know the raptors capabilities better than Obama... sure, almost certainly he's "that kind of guy" But REALLY is the guy a military commander with knowledge of all US Military specs, the calcuating ability to understand missile distances, troop movements , individual theaters of war, all the potential allies and enemies among the various ethnic groups, the true stats and who we have on the ground and ... gosh, so many factors...

NO

It's the only real answer, the decison to fight or not fight a war will be after consultation by Generals, Generals who spend thier Lifetimes focoused on ONE thing, war tactics and military capacity.

Bush and Cheeny are an example of what happens when you THINK as President YOU should make the Military decisions beyond Yes or NO

None of them are a general, none of them can COMMAND the Military

It's all about values and choices for a President... you need to be a LISTENER not a G-d damned Talker

Could Palin do a good Job? IN lets say a war? Sure, she would Listen because she doesn't THINK she knows... she could probably do better than McCain because the Generals would do thier jobs under her because she doesn't know anything and I think she is aware of that unlike the other EGOMANIACS

Balance the Economy...

HA!
Be ready to tell the people NO, that's all there is to it... you don't need to know the guys at the top of Fannie and freddie... it's a judgement call, bail them out or NO

Politics...

all nonsense, who s the person, what kind of judgements do they make...what do they believe

All the talkie talk is Politics... and NO palin knows nothing about Politics...

and that's what I like... because politics is BS,

Abortion: yes or NO
War: continue or stop
Economy: Cut or spend

and do we have an economic candidate? Anyone who is anyhting but capable of handling personal wealth?

NO

Where's Warren? or Bloomberg? They know Money... none of the candidates do

Palins out of her leauge? as what? a Liar and a Ling slinger?

Good... thank g-d

Maybe, maybe if she ends up president some laws will be passed based on something unseen in decades... Conscience and Morality

Not Psuedo Intellect and buzz talk

I mean lets face it... some of us in here know our various areas of expertise better than any of the candidates, there are guys on ATS that know Military FAR better than McCain and people that know (like myself) social life and real Americans far better than Obama

and... you are

Your Voteing for a set of beliefs, your voteing, ALWAYS in America on basically shallow items.

Because REAL experts in anything have jobs being experts, economists Make money for a living, generals hate politics...

the president will always be nothing more in America

Than a General direction and leadership platform

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Your post made about as much sense as Palin's responses. I may not be right but are you pleading for someone who cannot put together coherent sentences and thoughts in any language to be president? i know people say bush jr is dumb all the time but he"s smarter that what you desire in a leader the intelligence of a monkey
actually that is offensive to monkeys i"m sorry

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mind is the universe

Originally posted by Matrix1111
I thought the same thing about Bush Jr., Clinton and Carter. All "small town" folk. They adapted. I'm still amazed that these people became presidents.

Bush Jr adapted?!!! are you for real. When he popped out and before he was probably baptised his father said he will be next president of America. To be honest, come to think of it I can't imagine him being baptised either! The only adaption he did. Was continue his father's trechery. That's what his family do. They continue the satanic pattern. I don't see adaption. I just see the nation adapting to them.

I'm not amazed, I amazed you don't see it yet.

Adapted as in learned to think on his feet and speak publicly.

Geez, I'm always amazed at how people get their "panties all twisted," thinking somehow one party is better than the other. If you really believed in the existence of the "pattern of satan,' you'd know he plays both sides.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

Thanks for posting this clip.

It runs about twenty seconds, but that is all the time you will ever need to know that Palin is an absolute, total ditz and should never, ever have been chosen for the VP slot. She is an embarrassment and has about as much intellectual depth as a mud puddle.

Someone posted earlier that they will vote for the McCain ticket because "she's purdy."

Well, there you have the fatal flaw of democracy. Everyone can vote.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by submariner1968

Awww cute, she is not a Pitbull with lipstick she is just a cudwy puppy.

A puppy is not just for Christmas...you do know that, doncha? You know we will have to clean up after her messes all the time and for years to come.

I bet you would love to clean up her poop...go on..admit it

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join