It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana Father Kills Sex Offender Who Broke Into Home

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Indiana Father Kills Sex Offender Who Broke Into Home

www.foxnews.com

INDIANAPOLIS — A convicted sex offender died Sunday during a struggle with a father who found the naked man in or near his 17-year-old daughter's bedroom, police said.

Police responding to a call from the city's northwest side about 3:20 a.m. found 64-year-old Robert McNally on the hallway floor with his arm around the neck of 52-year-old David T. Meyers, who was pronounced dead at the scene.

(visit the link for the full news article)

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
A registered sex offender, caught in the act of trying to rape again (with what what found on him you can't argue this is what he was there to do) and is inadvertently killed by the father. A 64-year old man no less. I say justice is served in this case and well-done to the girl's father! I'm glad to hear no charges will be brought against him.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
As much as I think that "justice" (key note on the quotations around it) was served to the offender, how much do you want to bet that the guy who in an act of protecting his daughter will be tried? Don't mean to rain on anyone's "Go protective father parade!" just that it seems that even in your own home if you are protecting yourself or your family. If you step over that invisible line you will be fined or possible jail time.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Meyers had served 10 years in prison for criminal confinement and sexual deviate conduct and was wanted in Boone County for failure to register as a sex offender

Yes, justice was [finally] served. People like this should NOT be allowed to walk the streets. Luckily, there will be NO more victims by this person.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I think death is too strong a punishment for the crime. I don't think the homeowner should be charged but he should be ashamed. I bet the sex offender got caught taking a leak in an alley. Maybe he was lost. Maybe he was going to rape. His crime was trespassing. You can't deal a death penalty until they commit the crime. I know it seems wrong but it is just.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Are you trolling? I guess you'd kindly ask the man lurking outside of your 17 year old daughter's room if he needs help or a glass of water? You're insane. You may not be able to prove his intent but you can't say it's all a coincidence that a convicted sex offender broke into a house with a 17 year old girl and had benign intentions.

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthman4
I think death is too strong a punishment for the crime. I don't think the homeowner should be charged but he should be ashamed. I bet the sex offender got caught taking a leak in an alley. Maybe he was lost. Maybe he was going to rape. His crime was trespassing. You can't deal a death penalty until they commit the crime. I know it seems wrong but it is just.

Huh? Maybe he was taking a leak in the alley? Did you read the report?

Police said Meyers was naked except for a mask and latex gloves and had entered the home through a window near the girl's bedroom with rope, condoms and a knife

Hmmm. Yeah, your right. The father should have just called 911 and wait for police to show up

Good Lord.

The father was in his every right to do what he did. Stop being such an appeaser and have a heart for the vicitims of this creep.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I agree that the father should not be charged with anything. They can't even hold "excessive force used" against him in this case. Good for him, protecting his family, his daughter!!!

I applaud this man.

A_L

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Give me a break...

A) It appeared the Father was trying to restrain him...he had a heart condition.

B) The *SNIP* was naked had a mask and latex gloves I'm sorry we all know what was gonna happen next (the same thing he had been convicted of before)...why wait?

I bet the sex offender got caught taking a leak in an alley. Maybe he was lost.

Did you actually read the article or are you just feeling bad for the perp?

He commited the crime previously, he commited a crime by breaking and entering, and he surely was going to do more.

He got exactly what he deserved.

/.02

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30/9/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Huh? Maybe he was taking a leak in the alley? Did you read the report?

Police said Meyers was naked except for a mask and latex gloves and had entered the home through a window near the girl's bedroom with rope, condoms and a knife

Hmmm. Yeah, your right. The father should have just called 911 and wait for police to show up

Good Lord.

The father was in his every right to do what he did. Stop being such an appeaser and have a heart for the vicitims of this creep.

Ok, now I have more info. Yeah, the creep got what he deserved. Now go out and kill all the guys who took a leak in an alley. See my point? I did not have all the info.

link   

I think the article said he was "inside" the home , naked and armed, in the daughter's bedroom.... yep, it is kick his ass time for sure, if he happened to die, oh well. Actually he should of been shot, but it sounds like the father wasn't trying to kill the man but subdue him, he just happen to croak in the process.

Im sorry, the father should not be tried.

I am a father of a young girl and if this happens i will do the same thing.

link   
Gotta agree with greeneyedleo to, if anyone came close to my daughter (or son if they happen to swing that way) I wouldn't even bother looking let alone THINKING about picking up that phone. Besides he has served previous crimes in the past so perhaps think of as a favor the father did for him. No longer will he have to suffer through jail time once again for molesting a child.

(Gosh if that sounds morbid I'm sorry.)

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

Disagree with you.

The sex offender had planned to rape a complete stranger .. a young girl sleeping in her bed at home.

How dare this person target a victim, plan to rape them in their own home, and take such elaborate precautions in order to preserve his own liberty ?

And you choose to defend and/or make excuses for the rapist ?

Do you have children ? Do you have a wife ? Have you been raped yourself ?

If not, I suggest you lie down in your own bed and go to sleep.

Ensure you leave all the doors and windows wide open and a few lights on.

Maybe you could stick some signs around town, advertising the fact you plan to be asleep and defenceless at such and such a time and date.

Advise all intending rapists that if they wish to rape you and escape the consequences, they'd be wise to arrive naked with a supply of condoms (condoms .. plural .. in case they plan to rape you multiple times or via various orifices).

Advise the intending rapists to remove their clothing and hide it near your home, after which they can enter naked. That way, they will be able to dress at their leisure, outside, when they've finished using you as a receptacle.

The condoms and gloves can be thoughtfully disposed of after doing their job of ensuring they leave no DNA behind that might link them to your rape. Because after all ... we wouldn't want the rapists to suffer any inconvenience such as interrogation and incarceration ... would we ?

Advise the rapists that should they be approached or discovered, they might find it useful to claim they'd been in a nearby alley .. urinating, naked, wearing gloves and with a supply of condoms.

After you've been raped and in the event you emerge unscathed, perhaps you could post again to let us know if your lenient attitudes towards rapists has changed.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
If this guy is charged I will be calling Indiananapolis myself and lay the smack down on the police and their judicial system. This guy had full rights and this shouldnt even be an issue. You break into another persons house I dont care if your gonna rape or not you break in at your own risk and that risk is being killed. If people knew this was a risk you wouldnt see to many break ins. People do it knowing that if the homeowner protects themselves there is a chance they would be charged. Disgusting.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Wow! Im not in to violence but goodness i feel this man got what he deserved, one less Dirty man on the street and a life of a young girl saved, As if this man had got to her you can be sure that the rest of her life would have been affected,
In no way should the father go on trial for protecting and saving his daughter, Im glad the girl is safe and hopefully real justice can be done here and the father let of any charges he may face,

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
wow lots of comments without people READING the damn article

Police did not anticipate any charges against McNally

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
wow lots of comments without people READING the damn article

Police did not anticipate any charges against McNally

We read the article but they say they dont "anticipate" which leaves it open for charges. We have seen all to often homeowners get charged when people break in their house. I remember the father and son who beat the hell out of an intruder with bats and they got sued and LOST and had to pay the burgler. Disgusting.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Got what he deserved, I read this earlier.

Does anyone here actually read links? Or does everyone just jump to conclusions without research? Other posters should not have to quote the article or put basic information in bold to undermine unfounded ranting.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
i don't have any children, but i can only imagine how much rage the father had pulsing through him after coming upon what he did. he may have not meant to kill the perpetrator, but did in response to a threat to his child. (fight or flight response)

there's no room for this level of human. he got what he deserved. who thinks they can go into someone's home while they are sleeping and commit such an act?

not the brightest bulb in the candelabra...

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Bit of a shame that that creep shuffled of this mortal coil so quickly IMO - a slower death in general population would be nice, but I suppose even creeps have human rights.

Hope things work out for the girl and her dad.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join