It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana Father Kills Sex Offender Who Broke Into Home

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The dad should be made an honorary Texan and the judge that released this freak should be held accoutable to some degree.
At least the freak left this world the same way he came in, in his birthday suit.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
The dad should be made an honorary Texan and the judge that released this freak should be held accoutable to some degree.
At least the freak left this world the same way he came in, in his birthday suit.

Hehe we agree on something finally

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The human race evolved just a little bit with this mans last breath.

Who thought the father should feel ashamed? Let me say, I'm very passive by nature, and do my best to avoid confrontation at all times. Now, were I to kill a burglar in my home, I'd be justified (in Colorado at least), however I would certainly feel remorse for taking a life. However, If I were to find a man wearing only a mask and gloves, carrying rope, a knife and condoms into my daughters bedroom, I'd ask the EMT's to resuscitate him so I could kill him again.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
"Naked + Trespassing = Dead." That should be a mathematical law.

Good riddance, I say. Hopefully the hero will buy a gun now. :-)

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Does anyone know if this state has a Castle Doctrine?

If not it should, then there wouldnt be ANY question about the innocence of the father in this case.

Castle Doctrine

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

You are correct. But for the wrong reason.

Listen, this guy's death is a natural consequence of preying on human beings. If you intend to carry out the violation of multiple human rights, you are certainly being unrealistic if you expect death to never be the result.

More than at first glance, the gentlemen who was in his home averting an apparent assault on his child, could not have been expected to be 'limited' in his options to defend his family and home.

This was not a sentence. It was a consequence.

I suspect that few rapists, of the victim's school of modus operandi, ever get the death sentence for their crime. Sexual offenses, from the perspective of the victim's, and those empathetic to their plight, are met with apparent leniency. And we shouldn't forget that there is always more to the story that we, as casual observers, can know.

The law is constructed and conducted in such a manner as to protect potential victims of crime, empowering them to respond in a reasonable manner. It is not unreasonable to exercise lethal force when confronted with this situation.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I would make Charlie Manson look like a girl scout if I ever caught some pederass in my house......

I think convicted sex offenders who are caught in the act, or proven "beyond a reasonable doubt" should be castrated. I don't condone calling the cops....just drag him in to the street and give em' real justice. That's exactly what I would probably try to do myself....

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Indiana is a 'Castle Doctrine" state. They will be hard pressed to lay any charges against this man. He was in his own house and was invaded by an intruder. Even if he wasn't intent on rape, the home owner had every right to kill this cretin. The homeowner had no way of knowing what this man intended but with the Castle Doctrine in place he doesn't need to ask. He is protecting his home from an intruder and thats all that the law requires!

Zindo

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leviatano
As much as I think that "justice" (key note on the quotations around it) was served to the offender, how much do you want to bet that the guy who in an act of protecting his daughter will be tried? Don't mean to rain on anyone's "Go protective father parade!" just that it seems that even in your own home if you are protecting yourself or your family. If you step over that invisible line you will be fined or possible jail time.

This happened in the US, not the UK.

The father is:

a) a hero
b) a hero; and
c) absolutely certain not to be prosecuted.

We collectively owe him a huge thank you for removing this vile piece of filth from the planet and for simultaneously protecting the life of his little girl.

Fantastic news, well done dad !!!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
though I don't condone killing, some people are inhumane and never ever deserve another chance in out society.

the percentage of those who repeat their hideous crimes is way too high.

I don't want to pay any tax money to keep monsters locked up.

So I think this man has done the right thing, I hope they feel safer now.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
how are lawyers supposed to pay for their lexus (lexii?) if criminals are dealt with so?

too bad that pervert can't be revived...

so we can hang him.

"Nobody wins," McNally told The Indianapolis Star. "It's a lose-lose situation for everybody. He has family also."

i disagree, we all win, including his family...

how long will it take before someone shows up to sue the man who did the right thing?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This thread is one of the best arguments on ATS for the premise that people should not post if they have not read the article or information on the topic.

Justice was served. The system reacted appropriately.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
If this happened in the UK the father would be prosecuted and made an example of. most likely he would have got 5 years out in 2. This would be to stamp out have a go heroes. After all fear is what controls the sheeple don't forget.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Not that I would ever condone such a thing, but wouldn't it be interesting if there were fathers in this country who took that next step and sought out convicted sex offenders for extermination. Just think of the ruined lives of innocent children that could instead be happy ones. It would be simple, relatively risk-free and no jury would convict them.

Not that I would condone such a thing.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The word charges should have never even been mentioned.

An open and shut case.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by feydrautha

Under the castle doctrine, he can't be sued by the cretins family. He is exempt from civil suits for this incedent!
Zindo

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
True justice. No cops, no judges, no lawyers, no parole. See how easy that was?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
True justice. No cops, no judges, no lawyers, no parole. See how easy that was?

LOL!!! I agree this is what you call American justice before the government pushed the police state agenda on us.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I don’t see how anyone could defend the sex offender or call for the father to face prosecution.

The guy was in his home, naked, with his underage daughter. If he didn’t want to be in a potentially life threatening position he shouldn’t have trespassed and climbed into bed naked with the underage girl.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating lawlessness/anarchy, and the lynch-mob justice of old, but this is a case of genuine justice being served. Everyone knows the father was in the right, end of story.

Take that police-state! The people can take care of themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join