It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minannites. Quakers, Why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I've been offline for a few weeks since I've been moving, so I've been outta touch on some things.
So why is it that these "Christian" groups hosted a dinner in honor of the president of Iran?
The only news I've heard is people who are against this, I've never heard an interview with the leaders of these Christian organizations, just hatred towards them. So what is going on? I thought that Minanites and Quakers were extremely conservative, this seems to be the exact opposite of what I would expect them to do, however the Christian thing to do is to treat your "enemies" like friends, so maybe they are practicing what they preach?
I honestly have no idea, but the only thing I can think of as to what happened is three possibilities:
1. They are trying to show love to those who hate them, just as Christ taught us to do.
2. They are being falsely accused and a conspiracy of labeling Christians as terrorists is beginning.
3. They know something the rest of us don't.

Let me know if any of ya'll know anything about this.

-Jimmy

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Well, Quakers tend to be pacifists. They are peace loving people and really want nothing to do with the warlike modern world. The minannites I know absolutely nothing about, so I really can't say.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
It's nice that there are religious people of any Christian faith that have taken the initiative to interact with a man that is of a faith that the rest of them are saying should be wiped off of the face of the Earth. The Mennonites and Quakers are people that don't selectively quote scripture out of context to manipulate their followers to do things not Christ like in nature. Like dehumanizing people of other nationalities, ,races,and religions to justify killing them.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

Well, like I said, I don't know much about the minannites, but the Quakers have tried to hold true to what real Christianity is about.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I believe it is spelled Mennonite.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Coming from a mennonite family, growing up mennonite (no longer part of that religion or any other for that matter) and knowing some the history of this religion, I found it strange that they would do something like this.

The reason I say this is that the classic mennonite mentality is that church and state should never ever intermingle. I know that mennonites give alot of aid and humanitarian services to countries in the middle east and africa including Iran but this is the first time I have seen them as trying to be a political movement to change policies in a foreign government.

I certainly understand what they are trying to accomplish but that does not mean I, or anyone in my family for that matter, agree with it.

Also I certainly know that these "Mennonite leaders" do not speak for a large number of mennonites.

There will not be peace in the middle east as long as Ahmadenejad (sp?) is still president.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I know that mennonites give alot of aid and humanitarian services to countries in the middle east and africa including Iran but this is the first time I have seen them as trying to be a political movement to change policies in a foreign government.

Hmm... I did'nt know that.

So does anyone have a link to what the people who hosted the event said in defense or anything?

-Jimmy

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

Sure here is an article from the Mennonite Central Committee

"As a Christian, I believe that we are following Jesus Christ's example and his teaching as we eat together and hold this dialogue despite our many differences," Klassen said.

Klassen noted several areas of high tension in relations between Iran, the United States and other nations. Addressing President Ahmadinejad, Klassen raised concerns about his statements on the Holocaust and Israel, Iran's nuclear program and religious freedom in Iran.

"We ask you to find a way within your own country to allow for religious diversity, and to allow people to make their own choices as to which religion they will follow," Klassen said.

The theme of the dialogue was "Has not one God created us? The significance of religious contributions to peace." A series of panelists shared Jewish, Muslim and Christian perspectives on addressing poverty, injustice, environmental degradation and war.

Rabbi Lynn Gottlieb, a leader in the Jewish Renewal movement, spoke about Jewish traditions of peacemaking and nonviolence and drew upon her work for reconciliation between Muslims and Jews and Palestinians and Israelis. She also spoke about the significance of mourning the deaths of all victims of war, including the millions of people killed in the Holocaust, World War II and wars in Iran and Iraq.

"Because of the Holocaust, I learned from the rabbis who ordained and guide me, to be active in preventing further suffering of all human beings as a primary religious call to action," Gottlieb said.

To my surprise is that jewish leaders were there also in trying to convince Ahmadinejad to stop his rhetoric.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Ok , Kanata was ettled by the Netherlands and France only . We got irish and Acadians old from eastern long ago .

The amish and menonites here dont wear silly cloths anymore those were people from the Netherlands doing experminets with canadians produce with the native government and the test is over .

Canada has muslims , we were in Afghnaistan helping them in the Northern Alliance , we no longer are sending anyone to another country to help nor can our residents go .

The saud is who we have met in canada , that would be what you mean Iran is fine the United States is currently attacking kanata with HAARP .

Thats is war in our skies eh boyz and the control booth moved from White sands Arizona to old deserted maui . It will move to Cortez finally and then the Azteca will smash the movement .

The terrortist if fighting the chiapis , the actual rulers of Pana and its northern lands , 2 old mexican indain groups who are clean living like the Maya in Peru . When the terrorist coc aine poison mk ultra UN gang loosers finally fall they will have no where to go .

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jokerdazey2

Although i did not understand most of your post, I can assure you, the Minnonite do still wear silly clothes, there's a ton of them where i live.

-Jimmy

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

If they did that, they must either be anti-US or anti-Semites. I still don't know why they would associate with a man who claims he is to usher in the 12th Imam?????

The 12th Imam is the antichrist.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

If they did that, they must either be anti-US or anti-Semites. I still don't know why they would associate with a man who claims he is to usher in the 12th Imam?????

The 12th Imam is the antichrist.

Do you have proof that he said that?
Do you have proof that the 12th Imam is the antichrist?
Listen, there is n antichrist other than satan hiself, i think what you are refering to is the prophet of the beast.
Sorry, I just get so sick of the usual "Christianense' that Christians speak.
Seriously though, I think that what the minonites and quakers didis probably related to the book of romans, you know the whole love your enemy, feed your enemy, bless those who persecute you thing, somthing that christians don't do anymore seeing how america is where jesus is from according to the masses.
It just really gets my blood boiling when people hate another culture for o ther reason than that's what Faux News, CNN, ect. tells them to, or because that's what the man on a podium yelling at you telling you to give him money of God will curse ya.
I love the arabs, the muslims, just as Yeshua does.

I really wouldlike to see a vid of Iran man saying he's the usher of the 12th Imam, please don't give me a link to some "Snopes", i can't stand Christian gosep sites.

Oh, btw, I already know what the prophet of the beast will be.

-Jimmy

new topics

top topics

join