It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China astronaut's space walk

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Read the first page of this thread and was actually astonished at how many people think that the Chinese aren't up there. Granted, they have intentionally lied to their people and 'photoshopped' media footage.

But I don't think this is a fabrication. Everything about the video is consistent with NASA footage on cable (try compare contrast, guys) except for the flag. But the thing with a vacuum is not that movement is impossible, it's that inertia. An object (like an asteroid) will continue in the direction it is moving until an outside force works upon it.

The human moving the flag causes the flag to wave; he is the outside force. I would be appalled if the flag were 'rigid'....

Edit to Add: I am admittedly outside of my topical area with this thread, so please don't let the 'Moderator' label dissuade anyone who would like to offer a valid contention to my words...

[edit on 29-9-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

LOL...why would a flag wave at 17,500mph in a vaccum? What would make it wave? There is no air up there.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Don't be surprised if Jet Li soon stars in some cheesy Chinese movie where he battles alien kung fu masters from space.
At least this time, due to the lack of gravity in space, flying through the air will finally seem plausible.

Oh wait, based on some of these posts, it looks like Chinese space may actually contain elements of gravity.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by Alxandro]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I think it would make much more sense for China just to pay the Russians to go into space and wave a Chinese flag around.

This would also explain why China recorded the broadcast of the "taikonauts" from the ground, so that the Russians could broadcast it from space.

[edit on 29/9/08 by Cthulwho]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Does anyone realize that there is LESS resistance in a vacuum than in an atmosphere of any kind? All the astronaut has to do is give the flag the slightest twitch and it will move and flap however the material that it's made of would react from the original force. The flag would wave and flap even more than it would on Earth. Ever whip a garden hose and see the ripple effect as the force travels through the hose? Yeah, it wouldn't stop whipping back and forth for quite a while in space.

I'm as big a skeptic of the Chinese media as anyone, but that flag is not moving around like anything I've seen on Earth. It whips from side to side very fast with no ripples or fluttering, probably due to the fact that there is NO wind resistance and little gravity affecting it.

Moreover, it is clearly flexing and swinging back and forth as if it's a springy sheet of plastic. The flag does nothing but strengthen my belief that it's real.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cthulwho
I think it would make much more sense for China just to pay the Russians to go into space and wave a Chinese flag around.

This would also explain why China recorded the broadcast of the "taikonauts" from the ground, so that the Russians could broadcast it from space.

[edit on 29/9/08 by Cthulwho]

I expect the chinese actually did the launch But In a govt that controls the media i think everything was recorded before the launch to be released to the public.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
How paranoid are Americans - its hillarious - the Chinese perform their first space walk and all they can say is must be fake because the flag moves when he waves it......

You guys are soooooooooooooooooooo sad.

Need to borrow a few more buck from the Chinese ? Japanese ?

Please try and show a little more dignity as your country gets flushed down the toilet - I for one would be trying to be as nice as possible to the people who are paying for your life style....

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Great, The communists are back in space... and they aren't alone this time:

UFO Follows the ChiCom's Shenzou 7 Evil Red Manned Missile Launch

Clearly the UFOs are also worried about the Red Menace having access to space. They have even gone so far as to deploy a probe to scan the communist missile, but appear to move on after ascertaining whatever it was they came to ascertain....

I hope it was actually just an American Spycraft of some sort that was seen in the video. But then again, aliens are probably just as worried about the spread of godless communism as we all are. We worry about communist countries - they worry about communist Planets...

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
We have Astronauts.

Russia has Cosmonauts.

China has Believe-it-or-nauts....

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phatcat
Just wanted to point out the first guy on screen making the Satanic sign just before the image switches to the two astronauts.

I also think it to be fake. But I'm no expert..

Yeah spotted that also. I looked before and after to see how much movement he had in his fingers and it looked like he had a fair amount of independence. No question a well rehearsed signal to the team NWO!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksarerocks
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

LOL...why would a flag wave at 17,500mph in a vaccum? What would make it wave? There is no air up there.

Why are you laughing at me? I asked an honest question I did not know the answer too. Somebody who posted after I made that statement but before you already answered my question without laughing at me.
Actually, they gave me an informative fact filled respectful response to which I thanked them for.
They responded how somebody should. He/she understood I was asking because I did not know and gave me the correct response.
All you have done is laugh at me and then ask more questions upon the ones I allready did. You gave me NO answer at all, just a mockery of my question.
Thank you for proving your immaturity to all of us on ATS and thanks again to the Original responder to my question for proving to us on ATS just how mature we can act.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ravinsomniac
We have Astronauts.

Russia has Cosmonauts.

China has Believe-it-or-nauts....

Ha, that's funny.
I completely overlooked the fact that they took and copied the name "astronaut".

To add a little irony regarding the word "celestial."

Celestial - Of or relating to the former Chinese people or to the former Chinese Empire.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
wow, that is actually very strange. From the 9th to the 10th second, there appears to be a UFO moving very very quickly from behind the space craft upwards and out of the screen.

It could well be something sucked out of the space craft, but it's still odd none the less.

I'm also still quite shocked that people are still debating the flag moving.

EDIT: There also appears to be another one on the 39th second! Odd.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by GodForbid]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Leave it to ATS to say everything that ever happens is fake. You could see it in a telescope, fly up with a spaceship and make a movie of it, and people here will deny it happened.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Ha, that's funny.
I completely overlooked the fact that they took and copied the name "astronaut".

Whereas I love the fact 'they' took and copied the name "astronaut" from the Greek by way of the French: aéronaute/astronautique.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This flag waving fiasco certainly takes the cake. I can hardly believe what I'm reading.

The amount of people claiming that a flag should remain stiff and stationary in space while being waved around is beyond absurd. It's apparent that most people have no idea what velocity, drag, and energy transference is. They teach these concepts in ELEMENTARY SCHOOL for crying out loud.

The flag is attached to a stick which the guy is waving around, but you expect the flag to remain still, and the energy to be transferred... where? Not from the astronaut to the pole, and through the flag? I guess you'd also conclude that putting a flag on a rotating base, and putting the mechanism inside of a vacuum chamber on earth would result in a magically taut flag as well?

I know that they still teach about about kinetic, potential, and energy transfer in school.

... and you still blame it on the media/government!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

True, many English words have French origins but my point was this.
If Americans have "astronaut" and Russians have "cosmonaut", why not be consistent and come up with something original?
Celestialnaut would have been OK, but once again the Chinese have yet to invent anything on their own without having to rely on stolen technology from other countries.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
reply to post by Merriman Weir

True, many English words have French origins but my point was this.
If Americans have "astronaut" and Russians have "cosmonaut", why not be consistent and come up with something original?
Celestialnaut would have been OK, but once again the Chinese have yet to invent anything on their own without having to rely on stolen technology from other countries.

That's just as absurd as saying a flag shouldn't wave in space if someone is waving it. When you speak in such ignorant terms it almost implies that you harbor a racist attitude toward the Chinese.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I don't know about the flag, but the BUBBLES tell me this is FAKE as it appears they filmed it in a large water pool. You can see air bubbles popping up at 1:05 and 2:33 in this video:

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join