It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interested In Lucid Dreaming & Astral Projection?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Phoenix,

Have you ever tried to astral project to visit a friend you haven't spoken to in a while?

And then try to verify if what you saw was Real or a dream?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gateway

Phoenix,

Have you ever tried to astral project to visit a friend you haven't spoken to in a while?

And then try to verify if what you saw was Real or a dream?

Good question! We think alike. I haven't had an OBE for a while now, but I wanted to test out the "reality" of all this.

Everynight now I put two random playing cards, and put them face up somewhere in my room where I can't see from my bed. If I OBE I go check the cards out, and then I will be able to verify after waking up, I'm hoping that this will work. ( I put them face up, because I just don't understand why you would put them face down, it would be way easier to simply look at it in OBE, without having to pick it up, turn it around and look at the card, there's no reason for that, and I don't even know if in OBE that it's possible to actually read what's on the hidden side anyway, so put it out of view from where you sleep, and when in OBE simply walk/float up to it and look at it, easy)

I am aware that reading things in OBE can be hard because sometimes text and numbers you try to read keeps changing, you see a 7 but then it's an 8, then back to a 7 etc. I'm not sure why, I think it's because your mind can influence a lot more things in OBE than in the physical state, in OBE your mind is very powerful, mere thoughts can influence your surroundings. So I'm going to have to try and "see" the cards and not "predict" before looking, because that might affect what I see.

Anyway, there have been things I do remember that can verify a little of the reality. I can't remember much right now, but here's a couple.

1. A few times I would have an unexpected OBE, not aware of the time and the weather outside. My last OBE I was outside my house, it was daylight and it was raining, rain drops on the metal fence, and on the doors and floors, I then started to fly away, and lost focus. When I woke up I thought it was still night, but I realised it was actually daylight, I thought to myself,"wow it's daylight just like my OBE, I thought it was still night" but then I thought "oh but I don't think it's raining" but I looked outside and to my suprise it was raining.

2. A couple of times when I OBE I saw someone like my brother, and when I wake up I would see that they were wearing the same clothing as in my OBE.

But the card experiment is my ultimate goal, imagine having that 100% proof to yourself, it would be life changing!

[edit on 28-9-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
hey gateway what time u fallin asleep? im gonna try to lucid tonight to.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Thyhorrorcosmic

I usually get to bed on the weekends, late like 1 or 2am pacific time. Weekday, I'm in bed by ten because of work.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
you wanna meet somewhere?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Yeah, I've done it I just want proof myself. Every time I realize I'm having an OBE I wish to see certain friends that I haven't seen and sure enough I'm there. And yes, there are things that happen that you see that you know your mind is interfering and turning it into a dream-like things happen.

Have you ever heard of this guy, he claims that you can actually meet people on the Astral Plane...

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Thyhorrorcosmic

Sure, I usually try and go see the Basque Country, and an old friend of mine. Problem is I don't know if I'm really there or if its a dream happening... sometimes its both at the same time...

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
yeah i heard you can go into peoples dreams and take them with you. I hear stories about how people meet each other all the time but you dont know its them because sometimes you might not be looking like yourself.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by corvin77

One thing that scared me in a lucid dream, was looking into a mirror once. I remember wanting to test out if my reflection would be the same as in real life. When I did get to test it there was a reflection of someone behind me, but when i turned around, no one was there. Not sure what to make of that.

Yes this is the amazing thing that makes me go WOW. Touch feel see hear everything is there. I was suprised to actually fell g-force! as I flew up and up over my house into the sky towards the stars.

Anyway, anyone ever had double vision!? You can see through your physical eyes in bed and the OBE at the same time, it is WEIRD, like a new vision, a sort of 360 vision.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
dont talk about the mirrors man that would give me a dream heartattack if i saw something ugly if i looked into a mirror

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

I'll check that video out, and yes I have heard about people doing this.

Even if I get this 100% proof I want, what you said about our mind creating things while in OBE making us confused as to whats real and whats not, that can still be confusing! It makes me think, what is real!? Can our imagination be real? Are you dreaming now? Am I dreaming? Can we just say that everything is real!? How do we define "reality"?

What is reality?
hmm I'm gonna read up on it here lol.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thyhorrorcosmic
dont talk about the mirrors man that would give me a dream heartattack if i saw something ugly if i looked into a mirror

I looked into a mirror, I looked like me, yet different, it was a strange feeling, I felt like I was changing but not at the same time too.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Yeah, its confusing at times, but the guy on the video says its all true...

there are several parts...in fact you might want to subscribe to this guy's youtube vids, he has a ton of great stuff up.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
phoenix is it possible to get really scared in a lucid dream?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

Yeah I'll check it out, this reminds me I listened to a great video with a physicist who did experiments in the Monroe insitude about OBE's, he was a skeptic, but after the many experiments they did he became a believer, he found out that OBE is real. He also talks about his theory on the universe and how we are multidimensional beings etc.

Here's the video, part 1, there are 11 parts. It's good. I recommend you bookmark it for when you have the time.

Non-Physical Realms Part 1
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Great, I'll listen to it now. Nothing better to do. Thanks, Phoenix.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   

phoenix is it possible to get really scared in a lucid dream?

Yes. But that's up to you. Anyway many nightmares people have, they are actually more lucid than normal!

The scariest is when your in sleep paralysis, sometimes you actually see things in your room, as real as anything! I've had spiders on walls, and huge spider crawling on my face!! which is funny, I thought it was really real! and couldn't wait to be able to move and get up, when I did move, I got up and put the light on, the spider was nowhere to be found, and trust me I looked everywhere! lol

Some other things I recall like some strange skeleton/robot creature floating above me, another time something touching me on my back, other times hearing voices, sometimes multiple voices like your tuning into a radio station, some people experience something sitting on their chest etc, all this as real as the screen in front of you now.

Is all of this or some of this really real? I don't know. But if this happens you just have to stay focused and not be scared!, nothing bad can happen, because in this state, you are VERY POWERFUL, with the power of your mind you can easily turn it into a beautiful OBE and see amazing things.

Remember don't be scared, this will stop you OBE, there's really nothing to be scared of.

Anyway the word Nightmare actually comes from what I've just described about seeing things when in Sleep paralysis, the name was used to describe a waking dream.

Here's some info, check out that picture! lol Don't be scared OK?
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
my god, your naming my two biggest fears. I don't know if i can do this.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

my god, your naming my two biggest fears. I don't know if i can do this.

LOL, like I said nothing to worry about, just face it, you are powerful, you can control it. Just focus on the OBE. By the way the multiple voices I heard like tuning into a radio was not scary, just odd, as if you really were tuning into a radio!

You also see beautiful things in this state too, so there is a positive, once I heard the most vivid, most beautiful music in this state.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
so if i do a reality check like pull my finger and if it stretches long then i know im lucid dreaming.. what do i do next? if im in my room and everything is exactly how it is if i were to check my mothers room would she be in there?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join