It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No silver to buy right now at any price.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

No silver to buy right now at any price.

There is no snippet, thats why I'm posting this. I called CMIGS and this is what I was told.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I hope I'm doing this right, this is my first post. Just got off the phone with CMIGS, was looking to sell my stocks and buy silver. Bad news is there is no silver to be had for any price at the moment, and almost no gold. I guess I'm screwed, because I believe the stock market is going too really crash in the next few weeks at most. I had been debating for a couple of weeks now as to how to best save my investment,but after listening to C2C last night I figured I better act now. Well according to CMIGS until the price rises and/or people sell to make a profit silver can't be had. If some one out there would like to disprove this I would love your input. Oh one final thing the first hour of C2C had Andrew Gause on and man does he tell it like it is. Of course
I was looking at his web site when out of the blue it went down,could be that the PTB shut it down, because he really was slamming them, but that is just MHO. Its back up as of this posting 12:22 pm est. Hope I am wrong lol. Again this is my first post but I have been lurking here for awhile and hope I have done this right.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
There is silver and gold for sale on ebay right now. Why don't you tell your stores to get shopping? Otherwise this seems like a fishing for customers scheme.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

What? The fact of the matter is I'm not selling any thing. I was just making a point that I could not buy silver thru a broker. Don't believe me call a broker, besides in MHO only an idiot would buy siver or gold off of e-bay.Dirtydog

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
What?I was trying to buy bulk silver from a broker. In MHO only an idiot would buy silver or gold from any were but a broker. Now I am not calling you an idiot, but I sure as f@#% would never buy it off of e-bay. I have bought stuff off of e-bay with no problems before but what I was talking about was moving my assets from a stock account to real silver that I could hold in my hands.

PS call a broker and find out for real

[edit on 9/25/2008 by dirtydog]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I see, silver in quantity. I WOULD buy small quantities off of ebay if the feedback and customer service was there. I sold my car on eBay and have done other 4 figure transactions so why not precious metals? Buyer beware no matter where you shop. Check the prices.

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 25-9-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
With a car, what you see is what you get (for the purpose of this argument). Not quite the same buying precious metals sight unseen.

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 25-9-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The only place I checked that didn't have it was Blanchard. But earlier this year no one had Silver anywhere. So there might be a shortage again.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
With a car, what you see is what you get (for the purpose of this argument). Not quite the same buying precious metals sight unseen.

There is certifed precious metals on Ebay from reputable dealers.........
Silver is ~25% over spot, Gold is ~10-15% over spot.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by Pinktip]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
LOL 25% over spot, not a real sound investment if your trying to buy say a 1000 oz of silver. I do thank you for your input,thanks.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
LOL 25% over spot, not a real sound investment if your trying to buy say a 1000 oz of silver. I do thank you for your input.

IF the price doubles in 6 months then what does it matter....

If acutions are ending at 25% over spot, that is the actual value............
What somone will pay for it.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by Pinktip]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I am surprised that more people aren't aware of whats going on with silver.
I've been a silver fan for years and looking at the rate in which silver is being used in industry, primarily for electronics, I new this day was inevitable.
First of all the current pricing is a farce and has been artificially low for decades now. As soon as the lack of supply begins to reach the industrial markets we're going to see things changing quite expediently.

The respondent to your post is correct, the only place in which you can locate silver these days on a retail level is from private sellers on Ebay. All of the coin shops haven't any either but try APMEX.

There are only a few producers of silver bars such as Johnson Matthey , Engelhard or CMX. I've seen also newcomers such as NorthwestTerritorial Mint and OhioMint Upon calling NWT they were accepting orders but weren't making any promises to deliver until late October/November.
If you were lucky enough even to locate these on Ebay, after verifying the reputability of the seller of course, the bars are clearly marked and do have a serial number so the possibility of encountering fraud is somewhat diminished.

But all in all , as you've encountered there is no silver to be had and the current silver futures contract prices are artificially low considering the state of the supply so those that have silver to sell are not parting with it which is basically market price fixing.

Something big apparently is about to happen. I've read that the Amero is to be backed by silver. Perhaps this is what is in the NWO plan ?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dirtydog

Buying gold and silver does not protect you in economic collapse reality is gold and silver has only a trinsic value. In other words its only as valuable as someone is willing to pay for it. Commodities will have a value no matter what happens. If you buy food for example it will all ways have value it is something needed. People don't have to have gold and silver and there value greatly reduces when people aren't willing to buy them. Which they wont be able to do if the economy goes under so get off the buy gold websites there just trying to make money.
In fact during the great depression there was a lot of gold running around but couldnt use it to buy a loaf of bread people needed commodities.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I got no idea were you got your dis info from, last time I checked gold & silver were commodites. And your statement about know value is absured. Commodites will never go to zero period. Excuse the spelling but I am so frustrated that I am not going get my dictionary out. But thanks again for your input.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dirtydog
reply to post by dragonridr

I got no idea were you got your dis info from, last time I checked gold & silver were commodites. And your statement about know value is absured. Commodites will never go to zero period. Excuse the spelling but I am so frustrated that I am not going get my dictionary out. But thanks again for your input.

let me try to simply buying gold and silver to you.

The myth of gold as an inflation hedge comes from a rather primitive observation, when the value of money decreases, the value of gold rises. The myth goes like this: if you bought 100 ounces of gold at the yearly average for 1969, you spent $4109, if you sold it today, you would have $79,400. That’s a gain of 1832%, or 48%, a year.

Gold sounds like a an excellent investment, right?

Wrong. And here is why.

First, the $79,400 you have now, are enough to buy… 100 ounces of gold. Basically you sold dollars to buy some gold and then sold the gold to buy some dollars. There is no loss, but neither any gain. The problem however, is that to make any money you would need to trade the gold. Holding anything without the intention to sell is not a strategy of any sorts. At some point you will need to somehow realize your investment. Otherwise is just a paper gain and just illusory.

Do to high demands gold and silver is currently the worst investment you can make Value is set by demand investing in gold now wil have the same effect it did in the 80s. People watched the gold prices drop as inflation grew with gold and silver you have to buy low and sell high.
Does that help?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
absolutely retarted (IMO)...there will always be the people with these commodities, in our case most likely foreign investors..when all of us (in the USA) have worthless paper that can not be trusted we are forced back to basics...metals are a tangible, non-perishable currency with a verified amount on the face..we have always used metals as currency or trade..Only because we have left the gold standard in our own capitilist greed of a system built on leverage did we get to this point.

Moral of the story..

BUY METALS!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Lol did not want to say it but you did thanks. I have read some stupid replies to other posts, should have expected some to mine. Did not want to get in to a pissing contest with dragonrdr. Have a great day.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I recently started buying silver and I have had a hard time finding it too. I did find a small coin shop in a small town and bought some from him, but when I went to a larger town, there wasn't any to be found. They all told me that they couldn't get it.

I have purchased several bars, silver rounds and lately alot of silver coins. I plan on buying much more. I am taking all of my extra money and buying silver.I have purchased a small amount from ebay and have been very satisfied. I think you just have to be careful and find one or two sellers that you trust and stick with them. And yes, I am paying over spot but so is everyone else. I am obviously not the only one that thinks the dollar is on the way down.....or there would be plenty of silver. I feel like I am trading paper for real money. Beats the #%&*% out of the stock market.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by zippy1958]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dirtydog

I purchase silver from a dealer that I know personally, and he is not saying anything regarding "no supply".. in fact he even wanted me to buy some right then in there, naturally lol. I could imagine maybe one source of Silver running out, but there are a LOT of dealers out there. Perhaps it all comes down to finding a trustworthy dealer?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

You beat me to it! lol

I sell on Ebay and I've been looking at some nice silver at reasonble prices with high silver content too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join