It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI investigating companies at heart of meltdown

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

FBI investigating companies at heart of meltdown

hosted.ap.org

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The FBI is investigating four major U.S. financial institutions whose collapse helped trigger a $700 billion bailout plan by the Bush administration.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This is pretty huge!

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I believe that it was an investigation going before as many of the financial institutions that were involved in the housing bubble crash has been tax evading for years.

Interesting that they are begging for bailouts now.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The FBI... HA!

The translation: The FBI will investigate, not find anything and cover-up the things that could implicate "important people" A clean up operation!

Some people will be arrested, there will be scapegoats, and a real effort to satisfy the public need for justice, behind the scenes the elite will be protected.

I know, I've seen it happen.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The thing about the bailouts that irks me the most is that they screwed us, so our taxes fixes it.Yet the guys at the head of the companies get to be compensated.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
You speak the truth indeed... Thats exactly what is going to happen..

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
You know what I was asking myself this before.
Where did Lehman Bro's money go?
Where did AIG's money go?
They were investing in mortgage securities that were worthless to begin because the people could never pay them and had no assets.
People need to go to jail here.
This is a huge scam.Massive scam.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Alarmist2012
The FBI... HA!

The translation: The FBI will investigate, not find anything and cover-up the things that could implicate "important people" A clean up operation!

Some people will be arrested, there will be scapegoats, and a real effort to satisfy the public need for justice, behind the scenes the elite will be protected.

I know, I've seen it happen.

I wouldn't be so sure. Congress is PISSED (mostly because their vacation have been put in jeopardy) and NO ONE in the govt wants to be dealing with this mess right now. Paulsen wants to ride off into the sunset. The Republicans do not need this causing McCain problems as the election draws near.

If there was wrong doing, I think we might see actual justice being served.

Of course, being stupid and greedy is not a crime so who knows?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
I wouldn't be so sure. Congress is PISSED

You fell for that act?

Many of the members of congress that are so PISSED have received monies from these failed companies.

The FBI is not the squeaky clean agency many think it is, I've learned first hand how corrupt they can be, how they can and will protect certain people.

If you fell for congress' act, wait for the full production coming to a television near you in the future.

When you talk billions of dollars, be suspicious... very!

When agents can be bought, when you see how evidence can be eliminated, when you see how the legal system can be manipulated, when you know first hand how a real criminal can buy their way out of trouble, you too may see things the way I do.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by The_Alarmist2012]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Loyalty and patriotism, or devotion to public service is NOT an issue here. These people CAN'T be so pissed as to allow their silent consent to come to light. Their responsibility was PRECISELY to protect America from the kind of abuse she is undergoing right now; instead they chose to be complicit through inaction and distraction! They utterly abandoned the helm and let the pirates take over. They are still protecting them to this day.

The "presidential" police (Feebees) will do what they are ordered to do. No more, no less. Whistle blowers will not be tolerated. Guaranteed.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
The "presidential" police (Feebees) will do what they are ordered to do. No more, no less. Whistle blowers will not be tolerated. Guaranteed.

Whistle blowers will be indicted as co-conspirators on fabricated evidence and charges, or worse, silenced.. potentially eliminated along with any evidence they could have provided.

When the stakes are high enough, you know too much, the game becomes quite dangerous for the ignorant and innocent. Some may not even yet realize just how dangerous this kind of game can be.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Still though, my stress level decreased a little just hearing the news. Knowing that there will be people held accountable brought a smile to my face. Sure evidence will be lost and people will be "silenced" It just gives we hope that someone still gives a rats a$$.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I am so trusting of the FBI CIA IRS or any other gov agency to give us a clear representation of what amounts to 9/11 economic crash.

We have all been rolled over a barrel with big gov blessing.

Some very fundamental changes are going to need to occur.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickboy1313
Still though, my stress level decreased a little just hearing the news. Knowing that there will be people held accountable brought a smile to my face.

That would be exactly the way they want you and everyone else to feel.

Pardon my personal cynicism when it comes to the FBI, I have seen the dark side, I'm lucky to be here now. A story I cannot tell at this time. But real none the less.

Corruption like this took many decades to evolve and gain control over certain agencies and officials, politicians and the elite of the legitimate business world, corporations and even financial institutions. The very freedoms and opportunities many of us have taken for granted are the open door that corruption enters.

One day, hopefully they will run out of ways to cover-up the truth. Then prosecute the guilty and protect the innocent.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by The_Alarmist2012]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
More smoke and mirrors. The only reason that there is even a hint of an investigation is that it may make the bailout more palatable to the taxpayers. If someone is possibly going to go to jail and have their life ruined by this, people are more willing to agree to a bailout to "save" the system.

IMHO it's far to late for any type of enforcement action to help. It should have been investigated and prosecuted months if not years ago. Seems like the only one willing to hold any of the Banksters accountable had a problem with hookers. Imagine that.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jefwane
More smoke and mirrors.

You have no idea!

Fear what goes on behind the smoke and mirrors.

The day will come, the truth will not be suppressed forever.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I was going to post this same article before I found your thread. Glad it's getting attention.

If the FBI finds something, that means the US people were conned out of 700 BILLION dollars!

Of course this could also be a placebo to make the public feel better about the bailouts. Regardless, huge repercussions will probably come from this.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
One day, God willing, I am alive and able to post here, I will go public with my story.

In a way, I already have... a little.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Alarmist2012
One day, God willing, I am alive and able to post here, I will go public with my story.

In a way, I already have... a little.

I for one would certainly like to hear it!

Matter at hand, I would like to clarify my above statement. I am in no way jumping for joy that there is an investigation under way and that everything will be ok and the birds will be singing etc. We are not out of the woods. I'm still mad as hell!

AIG, WTF?! Dont they hold TRILLIONS of dollars???!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickboy1313
I for one would certainly like to hear it!

A time and place for everything.

I couldn't help myself in this case, the letters FBI and word "investigating" tend to make my blood boil.

Everyone, quick, flag this thread and report my posts to the FBI.

Lets see what happens!

There is a good possibility that someone who needs to see what I have posted in this thread will.

For the moment that is good enough for me.

As for the subject at hand, The FBI is on it, ... What more could anyone ask for?

Justice will be served.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join