It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economic Smoke & Mirrors?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
"The latest report by the Congressional Research Service (CRS), released this past July, estimates the U.S. has spent $648 billion on Iraq war operations, putting it in range with the $686 billion, in 2008 dollars, spent on the Vietnam War, the second most expensive war behind World War II. Since the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, the U.S. has doled out almost $860 billion for military operations in Afghanistan, Iraq and elsewhere around the world.

All estimates, adjusted for inflation, are based on the costs of military operations and don't include expenses for veterans benefits, interest on war-related debts or assistance to war allies, according to the nonpartisan CRS.

Other records sources reveal...
—Afghanstian/Global war on terror: $171 billion
—Post 9/11 domestic security: $33 billion
—Post 9/11 operations: $859 billion"

(Source: CBS, NBC & FOX)

Now considering the timing of these recent bail outs, with the blame being placed on the mortgage industry and new home owners, with the election around the corner... I can't help but wonder if our attention is being purposely diverted.

With all of this in mind, I propose these questions:
Isn't there a direct connection between our current financial crisis and our 5+ year venture in the middle east? Is it just me or does the timing of this new financial crisis seem a bit fishy? And who is ultimately responsible for all of this mess?

[edit on 22-9-2008 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
well if you think about it, dod announced the day before 9/11 that it "lost" 2-3 trillion, yes trillion dollars... a 1 trillion "bailout" can't be that bad!

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
excellent point... how could i forget?... oh right...
it was announced the day before 911...
talk about fishy timing lol

in this cspan coverage of McKinney's grilling of Rumsfeld
at the 2006 Defense Dept Budget hearings
by the House of Armed Services Committee
a total of 3.4 trillion is not accounted for...

[edit on 22-9-2008 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
...or could this all be part of a much larger scheme?

With many more countries favoring the euro over the dollar and our looming financial crisis... seems to be a prime time to introduce a new currency... perhaps the Amero? ...here's a thread on the topic:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

The 647-page House stimulus package scored the coveted designation of H.R. 1, which the Speaker reserves for her highest legislative or symbolic priority. The bill is a combination of legislation that moved this week through the Ways and Means, Energy and Commerce and Appropriations Committees. It is scheduled to be introduced Monday.

Below is a copy, obtained by the Huffington Post (we've uploaded the pdf here) and posted on the House Rules Committee website.

source: www.huffingtonpost.com...

As the huffpost notes later in the article, we need to comb through this puppy for loopholes and earmarks... as well to consider the true intent over the package as a whole... to further weaken the dollar perhaps or to buy more time in hopes of finding new technologies to exploit?

[edit on 24-1-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
A great segment on "60 Minutes" explains the inflated gas prices we experienced over the summer. The investment banks were using similar strategies that Enron used.

xavierthoughts.blogspot.com...

top topics

join