It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is every Meier photo a fake ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Hello.

Yes, there is lots of conflicting information on the web regarding the Billy Meier case. Please keep in mind though that the two contradictory statements that I originally posted regarding when the contacts began are from Billy Meier himself. One of the statements is false. He either began having his alleged contacts in 1942 or in 1975. It cannot be both, but he has provided different dates on different occasions. This is why I said that he is either lying now or he was lying in 1982.

In my research I try to limit my analysis to what Billy Meier has said or published himself, or what was said or published on his behalf with his permission and approval.

Thanks.

-Derek

P.S. Concerning the "wedding cake" UFO movie, if you were provided with conclusive evidence that the UFO itself was a small object would you agree that the tree would therefore have to be small as well?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I'm kind of new to ufology but isn't Billy Meiers considered the joke of the ufology field?I recall a member posting a picture of an alien with a ray gun (from Meiers) or something that was all kinds of funny.If this field is ever to be taken seriously then people like that need to realise the new generation of people to the field laugh at his type of shenanigans.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by derekcbart

One of the statements is false. He either began having his alleged contacts in 1942 or in 1975. It cannot be both, but he has provided different dates on different occasions.

well i think your making a mountain out of a molehill on this one in my opinion and unless you get him on a witness stand and cross examine his statements your never going to be able to prove without a doubt that he was lying.

P.S. Concerning the "wedding cake" UFO movie, if you were provided with conclusive evidence that the UFO itself was a small object would you agree that the tree would therefore have to be small as well?

i will not pre-agree to anything i have not seen evidence for.

present your findings and i will draw a conclusion then

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by bseven
If this field is ever to be taken seriously then people like that need to realise the new generation of people to the field laugh at his type of shenanigans.

Well I have seen the 'new generation' work harder at creating hoaxes than anyone... what with all the CGI experts and Youtube master directors...

You want it to be taken seriously take away the Youtube

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

assessing Billy Meier's credibility is not interesting
Looking for credibility is seeking a shortcut to mental laziness...Don't believe anything on some so-and-so's say-so

I however find it interesting.
And no, i do not believe anything on someone's-so-and-so.
Wonder why... perhaps it has something to do with credibility?

Credibility is irrelevant, either it happened to me or it didn't, whether I am a believable social role player or not...

Ofcourse it is irrelevant for you, if it was you...
But then it also depends, would you use your experience for your own benefit?
Mixing truth with lies, just to make the story more... Tasty?

I can have a true UFO photo and issue a hoax photo tomorrow...I can tell you obvious lies about my background all day long today and tomorrow still show you where the money is buried...

And when you finally show where the "money" is buried... Most wont believe a word you say....
Or ever take you seriously again.

That's what credibility makes something worth, or the lack thereof not worth a damn thing.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by TerraX
He's probably saying (in German): "I hope all these morons buy every word I say."

Very intelligent observation
If the rest of your analysis is that astute, I see no reason to pay any attention

Hmm. Perhaps the word moron is a bit overkill. However what would you call followers of lets say Charles Manson or David Koresh? Misguided?
Lets not forget for a moment that Billy Meier makes some extraordinary claims such as being the reincarnation of Jesus Christ and Mohammed and to have found the original bible! Could Meier be viewed as somewhat similar to David Koresh? Maybe you should pay attention to that angle of the Meier case and why it clashes with the (established) modern society.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
reply to post by Crakeur

he's turned his so called sightings into a business, complete with cult like following. To me, that screams fraud.

it seems that every supposed contactee has a cult following including Greer and Gilliland. so do you think they are frauds as well ?

The way I see it, if someone were contacted and had a message, it would be a message for the good of mankind, not for the good of the contactee.

i think anyone would fall prey to the opportunity to make money when it presented itself.

if you were in the position of a contactee with a message would you be able to resist the temptation to make money ? i doubt it

So it's ok that Billy Meier asks a decent amount of money to be a member of his 'fan club'? Judging from this thread you're talking how the shoe fits. You're pulling stuff out your hat (I wanted to insert another word here) in order to favour the case.
To be a member FIGU asks 7% of one month's salery and the person is obligated to spend a number of days at the FIGU center helping out. Should you not meet that criteria the person is fined for each day absent and reaches a maximum of CHF 210.
*Kaaa-ching*
Money does come in and the more members, the bigger the amount. I already downloaded the passive member application form, it can be found on the official FIGU site. Now lets see you put it up in your thread.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Some highly intersting Billy Meier pictures...

The famous dinosaur picture.

The Weddingcake Ufo

Weddingcake Ufo and a car in the background

Same as above: Proof that the UFO is not above the car as claimed, instead it's closer to the camera, making it look like it is above the car.

A comparing picture, and how easy some pictures are to fake.

Source

As convincing as some of Meier's pictures are, the proven fakes should make anyone question the motives of this man.

Btw easynow, what kind of pine tree is it in those videos?

[edit on 22-9-2008 by Balez]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
wow talk about bait and switch tactics
we were discussing the video and what you claim to be "very suspicious"
care to explain what you think in the video is so suspicious ?
i believe i have seen all the WC photos that are online and i know exactly which one you are talking about. but claiming there is something wrong with those photos because they were shot close to the ground is pointless unless you have something to add to your unfounded theory.

Glad that you don't deny that some shots are taken close to the ground but instead of shifting the focus on "unfounded theories" on my part maybe you should bring up the intellectual courage to ask yourself WHY they were taken so close to the ground! What does that change? It changes the perspective...
Taking shots close to the ground will give the appearance that an object is taller than it in fact is.

Look at how close to the ground this shot actually is, how would it look like if the person was standing up. I think you would have a totally different perspective of the size of the tree. Taking shots close to the ground is a possible indication of fakery.

The movie, in my opinion, shows similar characteristics. Although the resolution is poor when Meier zooms in to maximum the grass and weed start looking gigantic. The movie camera is close to the ground, Meier who's bending through his legs, turns around to get out of the shot but has to get up... It's there for a split second.

Above is a still from the movie in full zoom. Look at the grass. Aint it 'tall'?

Knowing that the WC UFO is a fake anyway;

I would theorise that Meier simply used a fir tree about 6 feet in height and attached his model to it. Then he made photographs using forced perspective.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TerraX

Taking shots close to the ground is a possible indication of fakery.

but just because you think that does not make them fakes, sorry

i believe that the tree's in those two pictures you posted are actually over the ridge of the slope making it appear as if the trunk of the tree is close to the ground when in fact it's probably not.

if the tree was on the backslope of that ridge...yes it would make it look like the grass blades are very close to the bottom of the tree.

sorry, your going to have to do better than that

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerraX However what would you call followers of lets say Charles Manson or David Koresh? Misguided?

Brainwashed

What would you call followers of lets say Jesus Christ and Mohammed seeing as there is also no proof either even existed?

Maybe you should pay attention to that angle of the Meier case and why it clashes with the (established) modern society.

Clashing with "established" modern society is what we do here on a daily basis. However since no one has yet ever proven positively that ANY UFO exists... it is all speculation... and this case has certainly provided a lot of that... and since NO ONE has yet proven the "truth" of ANY single religion... that too is a matter of speculation...

And in the end... it all boils down to personal beliefs

[edit on 22-9-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I think Meier is our generations Adamski.

Both were/are the real deal, but both were asked to make some faking howlers as part of the agenda of their 'friends'.

That way, the intended message gets across, but both men remained just discreditable enough for the security services to let him live, despite the posting of real images.

Sadly, I feel both men are fooled by their 'friends', they aren't alien and are earthbound, eugenics-crazed Nazis, who categorically did NOT lose the last war (they simply moved elsewhere and let the uniformed patsies 'lose'), and are merely keeping the distraction going strong while they get on with their real plans to take this planet.

Part of that plan involves making us believe they are 'terrifying aliens' when they decide to show en-masse and 'save' us. They aren't, they are as human as me and you, maybe less so because of inbreeding for the sake of big craniums and blonde hair. Don't be fooled by them.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The question I have to ask is:

Is it possible that Billy Meier deliberately soiled his own credibility? If his contacts are indeed real, I can imagine a whole host of reasons why I wouldn't want the world viewing through my window. Intentionally discrediting myself would be a great way to keep the most of the masses away. Again, a small probability , but a probability nonetheless.

Now as far as FIGU and its business practices, I get the feeling it has very little to do with Meier anymore. Just a gut feeling. No proof.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

There is plenty of evidence against the guy. Have you been living under a rock?

Thought so.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
In a way I look at the pictures as art! For instance, I look at them in the same light that I look at Pamela Andersons chest! "They may be fake but they sure look good!"

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LynUKare earthbound, eugenics-crazed Nazis, who categorically did NOT lose the last war (they simply moved elsewhere and let the uniformed patsies 'lose'), and are merely keeping the distraction going strong while they get on with their real plans to take this planet.

Hmmm yes... they moved to the USA

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The problem is if one of Mr Meier's photos are faked, then all of them will be judged on that one fake. This is a problem with most contactees, including George Adamski (apart from his aliens coming from Venus). No matter how real looking the later photos and films are, the evidence is tainted because of the one (or many) fakes that were done. An actual craft could land, the aliens could dance on his roof, and many would not believe him because of his record.
There are a few authors (Timothy Good is one of them) who think Mr Adamski may of had an actual encounter. The problem is the stories he told to embellish what may of happened. Most people think he is a loony.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008The problem is the stories he told to embellish what may of happened. Most people think he is a loony.

Yes and that may just be the plan, as LynUK just pointed out...

Billy Meier's 'visitor'

George Adamski's 'visitor' from Venus

Jill Thor (with Donn and Valiant Thor) 'visitors' from Venus that met with the President 1959

Howard Menger's 'visitor' from Venus

Vril Society Maria Orsec, the NAZI medium who had the connection to the Alderbaranians..

Traute A. the other Vril medium

[edit on 22-9-2008 by zorgon]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join