It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what the hell was it? pt.2....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by elliott reid

Oh please stop with the religious lectures. FYI I have had trouble with all sorts of paranormal things since I was very young and during all those years I was very religious.. it was shoved down my throat. Praying and going to church did NO GOOD and did not change anything.

I know there are negative energies that exist that may interact with us, but that does not make them demons. That is just a convenient term that people use to put it into terms that christians can understand. fact is there are good and bad energies all around us. all good energies are not angels and all bad energies are not demons. Despite how difficult it has been to deal with many unusual events, I have only once felt truly in danger. Usually these things just want your attention, the problem is although I can communicate with them, I choose not to. This pisses them off I think.
But please stop telling me jesus is the answer. He was not then and he is not now.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by NephraTari]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
Thanks for the advice Zakk I think my reservation concerning the religious cleansing is that it would be pointless without belief behind it. I cannot force myself to believe. I can pretend to believe, but I doubt that would be very effective.... never the less it will probably hurt nothing to try it.

Might i ask what your religous beliefs are? I was reading some of the posts here and i dont want to add something yet without knowing first your actual beliefs.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by fizzy1

I don't have any religious beliefs. I am agnostic. I don't know what the reality is and I don't pretend to. I don't feel any religion has it 100% correct and at present time I do not think we have any way of knowing the full nature of existence. I do not rule out the possibility of a higher power, but I will not acknowledge something that there is no proof of.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Ok thats kinda what i was thinking. It makes me wonder though what you "believe" is the cause of this. It seems your asking for and getting what everyone elses beliefs are. If your truly agnostic as you say then you truly dont believe this is a spirit since spirits cannot be proven to exist. I would therefore think you to hold to a more scientific view of strange phenomena as something you cant explain but something that should have a logical explanation should all the facts be known. Most agnostics hold to this way of thinking.
If however you do feel it is something in the realm of the supernatural and a spirit of sorts then of what religion do you ascribe this spirit to? What i mean to say is you have christians who think its demonic based upon the christian concept of the nephilim who are the offspring of the fallen angels who are doomed to roam the world as incorporeal spirits.
Then there are various other religous entities such as ifrits, or asuras depending on if you subscribe to hinduism or the teachings of islam.
Basically to know what to do is simple. Follow your belief. If you do not wish to beleive in any religous concept then your course is clear. Its nothing at all so therefore do nothing. It is a product of imagination and will simply stop.
If you "believe" it is something else then try and find out what YOU think it is and act accordingly because you have stated one important thing about all this and thats the need to believe. If you do not subscribe to christian theology and folklore then having an exorcism will not work. Faith is the cornerstone of christianity. You must believe in it for it to have any effect. Even if the posters on here who steadfastly claim this to be a demon could prove that it still would do YOU no good cause you dont believe so demon wins.
If you believe in islamic teachings as to spirits then follow their advice etc etc on down the line. trying anything just to get a reaction is a waste of time in my opinion. But remember one thing , ultimately in the end of this you will believe in something even if it was that this was just something with no explanation but has nothing to do with ghosts.

Also from where do you get the belief you have a grandmother who might exist in spirit form. Sounds like a religous belief of somekind and to acknowledge that is to acknowledge some sort of other world past this one which is also a concept rooted in religion.

I hope this helped and by no means is it an attack on agnostics. Please dont take it this way if you do. I am merely trying to get you to figure out for yourself what you think this means so you can act accordingly

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

I would just go with what your granny would do.

She seems to be in your thoughts just now.

Don't try and explain every thing.
Especially not here.

x

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by fizzy1

spirit is just another word for consciousness or energy. Regardless of the existence of a god or not.. I know without a doubt that the essence of what makes us aware never dies. This energy is what I was referring to. Our bodies are just a vehichle for that energy to allow it to interact with others in this physical realm. This is not a belief it is just something I know. There is a difference in believing something you are told and knowing something instinctively. I have always had the ability to communicate with energies that are unbound so to speak and this may be why they draw to me and others that have the same ability. It is not easy for unbound energy to communicate with the bound, so they flock to those that are able..but if they are unwilling, as I am.. then it is more of a nuisance to the bound energy. energy of a consciousness can be both positive or negative regardless of its lack of form.
the negative can be harder to deter and made to understand that you do not wish for it to try to interact with you.. but creating a shield of positive energy during meditation often helps keep them away at least for a while.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join