It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm thinking about selling my soul to the Devil ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Your soul is not yours to sell.

The devil already owns it. Our sin nature nailed that coffin long ago. It was never yours for that matter. Either the devil owns it by default or you give it to the lord for his management. The only time it's yours is when you sit in the lake of fire for eternity, or enter into eternal service to the lord.

Yep that's it.

Everyone start wailing about free will and sovereignty of the spirit on my mark. It doesn't matter, we are not our own. A dog may have a cruel or loving master, his fate is what it is. Humans have been given a choice on who we choose as master. All there is is to choose- the offer has been laid out for all of time. Life or death, there is no other option.

Free will and sovereignty squabble begins in three- two- one-

Edited for poor grammar.

[edit on 15-9-2008 by jaywoo]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Ggurl777

..prisons are full of "Devil Worship" losers....go ahead and join the ranks!

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jaywoo

In that case, I choose the tooth fairy as my master.

Seems as good a choice as the either of the aforementioned.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Trigger82

About a 2 months ago I applied for a loan for a car it was approved pending my signature on paperwork, 2 days after this I found a car i wanted which was a 7 hr drive from where i live and organised to go have a look and possible put a deposit on it. the night before i was to head down to see it the owner rung me to tell me he had already sold it that day.(i had left him my number incase something stupid like this happened). Basically I was pretty peeved off, come monday I went to the bank to sign the paperwork so i at least had the money if I found another car and was told that their had been a mistake in the approval and that I couldnt have that loan. So for been really annoyed for 2 days it did save myself $1000 deposit i was willing to put down.

See how devious Satan is? In exchange for your soul, you saved $1000.00 and a seven hour drive. But...you had to endure being really annoyed for two days. Was it really worth it?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Please don't sell your soul to the devil! Satan is a liar, and the father of all lies! He only comes to steal, kill and destroy! No good can come from selling your soul to him. Instead, why not be a good samaritan and do good, sweet, kind things for others, etc? I want to spend eternity in heaven. People who have had near death experiences have said that heaven is a wonderful place, and have a feeling of such inner peace and joy! I am praying for you, and I hope that you will choose heaven instead of hell!

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
It doesn't have anything to do with souls and devils and deities.
The acting force behind the mechanism of "selling your soul" is your unconcious mind. That is the reason why it is required for you to BELIEVE in whomever you're "selling your soul" to. When you truly believe that you're selling your soul to the devil to facilitate whatever goals youve got, you make unconcoius decisions that influence your reality. So in actuality its not the "devil" thats giving you what you want, its you. When you really expect something to happen, and believe that it will, then it does. Its like in cartoons when characters float in midair after walking off a cliff. They dont fall until they look down and expect to. ( just an analogy. im not suggesting that this is possible lol)
The supreme power in any persons subjective reality is their own mind and nothing else. Think about it.... everything you will ever see, touch, hear, smell, feel, experience is merely an electrical impulse that is INTERPRETED in a certain way by your own brain. So, in theory one should be able to CONTROL whatever it is that he/she is experiencing since it is his/her brain that is responsible for these experiences.
It all ties in with the way hallucinogens work, near death experiences triggered my '___' releases in the brain, everything.
I digress, so ill get back to the point.
The point of what im saying is that you don't need to "sell your soul" to get what you want. Just realize that it is possible for you to control every aspect of your life in the most intricate detail imaginable. Your brain controls everything you will ever feel or be able to do, so ask yourself: "who controls your brain"

The answere is YOU

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

To be honest, what ever you went through isn't even worth it, but you are just showing how weak you are. I don't believe you can sell your soul, do you even know how? This just sounds silly.(no offense, but blunt)

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
if you sell it, when you meet him ask if he can send me a signed autograph he's my hero ^_^

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
When you say " selling" do you get the money right away, because I sure could use some gas and some debt paid up. Will it pay my house off? Can it send my kids to college? Can I get that flat panel LCD TV I've been wanting? etc...

Just ask yourself this question. Will it solve all your problems, pay your bills and make you happy? The only answer for me is to know that I paid the bills and made a life of happiness without anyone's help.
Take charge of your life OP and don't " sell your soul ".

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Selling your soul, giving away what was given to you at first, for money and living rich, not a good idea.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
You are ignorant my friend...and there is much to learn still.

There are many ways to learn in life, from life's lessons, direct personal experiences, through experiences of others and observation. You are still young, there is much to learn. In some things in life...the only way you'll learn and understand is by living it...a life lesson if you will. If that's what it takes to realize the outcome of your decision...then so be it.

I am agnostic and do not take the Bible seriously at all. Don't get me wrong, it teaches some very positive things...but also some very stupid, negative things. Anyone who tells you your soul is not yours is lying to you. Your soul is yours...so is your power. Do not give up your power. It's like people selling their land, etc...they give up their power. You are seeing this world in the way they want you to see it...and that's in a materialistic 3D perspective. You're putting power into the things you want...nice cars, money, etc. This is the sole purpose why human beings are so miserable...and I am sure this is why you are miserable. You want all of these things that give you no power, or a false sense of power, and you're willing to "sell your soul" for it. Whether or not selling your soul will work, is not the point. The point is, that you have no power of yourself. Any positive/negative being does not own your soul. Your soul is yours! Keep it, value it and enlighten it. God does not own your soul, unless you give it to him...same goes for the Devil.

From what I have read in the Bible, the Christian God is a tool used by the few higher-ups to control the large majority of the population, along with media, false history, etc. You will not understand where I am coming from, because your mind is not open enough to conceptualize what I am talking about.

Do not give your power to anything. Your power is yours, not your car, jewelery, nice clothing etc. If time will allow it, you will understand what I am saying...if not, you will never be happy.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
What bothers me is that if I'm reading all of this right, Selling your soul and spending eternity in hell is nothing but a pyramid scheme.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
There are no ancient religious or spiritual documents which detail any kind of soul selling whatsoever. It's a modern metaphor for desiring something so much you will do anything to achieve it, corrupting your soul in the process through the acts of harm to others, and in a sense you've traded your soul for the end result.

Some modern "satanists" and whatnot who've seen too many movies will tell you different, but it's all just spooky hollywood nonsense.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

The term “selling your soul to the devil” is an expression that describes an irony of achieving something that you want but at a cost that exceeds reason. Something that you want so badly, you become blind to the effects or consequences that your desire has on yourself or perhaps others around you. It isn’t meant to be taken literally, at least not by rational people.

So, the question begs to be asked…..
What is it, that you really want? What do you wish to achieve?

Or do you just like the Goth look? Paint your fingernails black, get a little heavy with the eye liner, maybe a purple streak in your hair, light a candle, chant lyrics from an old Led Zeppelin album? Maybe punish your parents by hanging out with other kids your Mom and Dad don’t like. Well, you don’t have to sell anything to do that, that’s free.

Again, what is it, that your REALLY want? You don’t have to tell us, but just be honest with yourself. If you do this and then begin to honestly examine a realistic way to get it, you can then see how to get it without selling yourself short.

Should you decide to really sell your soul to the devil, Satan, Lucifer, Morningstar, I think you’ll be disappointed. First off, he’s not going to pop up in a three piece, pin striped silk suit, with red skin, horns, a tail, pitchfork and a fresh contract ready to sign. No, he won’t show up at all, how do I know this? I’ve seen the devil, met the devil and can tell you that the devil is a woman and is not interested in a 16 year old girl. No, she is looking to marry another executive and bleed him dry of all his hopes and dreams while emptying his bank account….er..perhaps I’ve disclosed too much.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

well i most certainly agree with a lot of the doubts and have share them at one point. I am a christian and when we doubt our faith. it does tend to be more extreme then someone who is not in christianity. ONe thing you should understand is the following: If you admitt that the devil / Satan exists, you are also admitting that his Creator God exists ! so you can think the bible is full of lies, but you can not admitt the existence of one and deny the existence of the other. lets not forget. When God created earth he gave humans authority over it. if we know anything about kings. is that when they speak, it becomes Law and the king is bound by that word/Law. so all that happens on earth is a direct result of our actions and not God's. You wonder why God stopped sending messengers ? well he did not stop. We simply want them when we want them. cause i can guarantee you. many times you have wanted God and you might have heard messages whether on the radio , TV or Church. but we have ignored them. Be careful and dont be fooled. YOU CAN NOT SALE YOUR SOUL TO THE DEVIL BECAUSE ITS NOT YOURS OR HIS. IF THE DEVIL WANTED YOUR SOUL, ALL HE NEEDS TO DO IS TEMPT YOU AND AS HUMANS. WE ARE ALL WEAK ENOUGH TO FALL BY OURSELVES. TO SUPPOSEDLY SALE YOUR SOUL IS NOT NECESSARILY A REALITY CAUSE WE DONT OWN ANYTHING. OUR SOULD IS GOD'S BREATH ON US TAHT GAVE US LIFE ! YOU CAN MAKE A COMMITMENT TO SIN AND END UP IN HELL. BUT YOU CAN NOT SALE YOUR SOUL. THE DEVIL/SATAN IS A LIAR AND DOES HATE YOU AND ME. HE HATES ALL HUMANS CAUSE WE WERE ALL CREATED IN THE IMAGE OF THE SAME GOD THAT DOOMED HIM TO HELL. WHEN HE SEES YOU AND ME. HE SEES GOD'S IMAGE AND SINCE HE CAN NOT TOUCH GOD, HE WILL TRY TO TOUCH YOU. SO THIS THING ABOUT RANKS AND MOVING UP IN HELL , DO YOU REALLY THINK HE WOULD BE MORE LOYAL TO YOU THEN GOD? DO YOU REALLY THINK HE WOULD GIVE YOU A RANK INSTEAD OF TORTURING YOU AND ALLOWING HIS DEMONS AND FALLEN ANGELS TO DESTROY YOU?

QUICK THOUGHT?
WHAT WOULD MAKE SATAN LOVE YOU?
RESPONSE: NOTHING.
WHAT WOULD MAKE GOD LOVE YOU?
RESPONSE: THE FACT THAT YOU ARE HIS CHILD AND WAS CREATED IN HIS IMAGE !

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
With the state of the world as it is, general market value dictates that this is not a good time to consider buying or selling a soul.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I've got some news for you ggurl777. You've got nothing to "sell" to the devil. If you are not a Christian who has given her life to Jesus, then the devil ALREADY has your soul and he is "selling" YOU a pack of lies!

Your decision has already been made. You were born into sin, just like every other person in the world has ever been - with your destiny being death and hell UNLESS you repent (change direction) and ask Jesus to take over your life, and you tell Him that you know and understand that you are born into sin and cannot save yourself - and that you accept His FREE gift of salvation rescuing you from your natural fate.

Unless you are willing to choose Jesus, you can just sit back and do nothing because you are already on a ride with the devil and he has your soul firmly in his clutches.

I pray you make the choice for Jesus and Life before it is too late for you. You are right - eternity is a MIGHTLY long time.........

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

God doesn't make "house calls" anymore because from the time Christ was crucified until his 2nd coming, humans must go on faith --what they don't see / hear. That's why Satan is profiting so much right now because people believe what they see in a world where God is quiet. And that's why you're thinking of taking witchcraft for a test drive because you see the possible results of going on Satan's side. I'm telling you right now, you won't see any results for being faithful to God until the end, but they will surely be worth it.

I can also say that Satan is a magician. Don't look at his WHOLE entire show, break each trick down one by one and you'll see right through him. Satan caters to the Now Generation because people not only want resolutions now, they are so starved for spiritual nourishment. They think by not taking responsibility for their actions they can join Satan and he'll save them, when it's FAR from that. Satan is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

There's a HUGE spiritual battle going on right now that many cannot see. But evil is about to manifest itself (the Great Delusion) for all to see and of course many will believe in it because it'll be something they can see.

It's what you cannot see is what you should have faith in.

I myself was approached in 1987 by an entity who wanted me to channel the Ascended Masters, but I responded that Leviticus states that channeling is detestable in Gods eyes. I didn't even know the phrase existed, much less what Leviticus was. But I knew the Holy Spirit talked through me and was my defense.

God is real, trust me. Praying connects you, and distractions disconnect you and when that happens you're more prone to sin. You need to re-connect with God.

Please don't start dabbling in witchcraft or magik or The Board.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
to quote "Also hell has a hotline and it's called witchcraft"?
do me a favour.
As a Pagan I'll tell you that 'witchcraft' is not a a hotline to hell.

If you actually researched it as it looks like you haven't ( it looks like your believng too much in the bible here or too much TV and Film hype?)
'Witchcraft' is about finding a balance between the good choices you make and the bad ones.
'wictchcraft' is mainly about trying to do good to others by harnessing the power of nature and therefore of 'God' in whatever form you choose to believe he/she exists in.
I'll be the first to admit that there are people who practise the 'black arts' but there are more who try to do good for other people. It's the same as the 'Christian's', there are those that beat 'God' into others by physical assault and by constant holier than thou attitude, but there are more of those who want to believe in the good in mankind and so do good not for financial gain (televangelists) but for spiritual gain, (real clergy who don't think their faith is any stronger than anyone elses).
But if your shoes a 16 year old hasn't really lived long enough to learn anything of value about other religions and should actually spend time finding their 'natural' spirtual side..

Peace and love all round.

Don't correct me i know what the # I'm talking about if you do witchcraft WRONG then you can open hell holes.

Use the ouija board and don't use protection spells....

Are you talking about wicca

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join