It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA and the Galveston West End Cover up

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I just moved to Arlington 3 months ago after living on the West End for 9 years in Jamaica Beach, Pirates Beach, and Palm Beach. I noticed NO coverage coming in... I have a friend whom was riding it out in Sea Isle- there is no word from her. I see the Octagon house is still there- The KHOU reprter seemed really depressed while reporting from the west end- I hope there are not a bunch of bodies floating around and that is why they don't want to show it. What would be the motive for covering it up??? I want to see my friends houses and my old houses. I am so blessed to have gotten out in time.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SRTkid86
and i have still heard nothing about my house in portland,

Unless you live on the bay, your house shoud have fared well. Mostly standing water in low lying areas. Corpus was reported to have 20 foot storm surges which flooded beach areas. I haven't been over to Portland in the last few days, so I can't say for sure, but I know if it had taken a bad hit, everyone around here would have been taking about it.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Hi- The bio lab is on the far east end of the island near UTMB- When I lived and worked there I didn't want it- most locals did not want it. Dr. Stobo is who pushed for it.

[edit on 15-9-2008 by Gulfcore Srfr]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Those images on the NOAA website are eerie.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

That station has a chopper which has made some runs towards the west end, Bolivar is one named place that I can remember.

Just to be straight - Bolivar isn't on the west end of Galveston Island. It's on the west end of Bolivar Peninsula which is to the east, across the ship channel, from the sea walled region of Galveston. Bolivar peninsula is basically razed. Bolivar Beach and Crystal Beach are, for all intents and purposes...gone.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
One thing i must say is that the NHC would be smart to rate hurricanes by category in more than just one varible (i.e winds) . Surge is a big killer in hurricanes and too many people aren't weather "savvy" enough to realize that a cat 2 storm coud have a more destructive surge than a smaller stronger cat 4 storm.

If the nhc would have said hurricane ike is a extremely large hurricane who will have a category 4 storm surge with category 2 winds, i think a significantly large percent of the "i didn't realize the surge was going to be worse than with rita" group would have left.

the size of the storms windfield and the slope of the coastline are big players concerning the width of the surge impact area as well as the height of the water rise, ike's hurricane winds may have been cat 2 , but they extented up to 115 miles from the center which is much larger than most hurricane's. So the amount of water moved was so great

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

Those are some really good points.

Perhaps the rating scale should be revisited.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Thanks Val I am unfamiliar with the area just trying to provide information for the members.

*did a strike through edit to correct my error in the post *

I remembered one thing from the presser earlier that I didn't post, the mayor mentioned requisitioning a cruise ship to provide shelter for people in the area, she said that the harbor would have to be cleaned first of debris, then the ship could head towards terminal 1, I beleive she said terminal 2 was a loss.

*ed:note about strike through edit

[edit on 9/15/2008 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Who cares... did any of you actually think the media in this country would report the truth? About anything? Wake up and smell the country you live in.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

I have been watching on and off all day today, Monday the Fifteenth.

Watch the local ABC people reprot the news at
abclocal.go.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Has anyone heard of oil leakage into coastal waters due to pipeline damage?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthspace1st
Has anyone heard of oil leakage into coastal waters due to pipeline damage?

Funny you should ask. I just got through pointing some things out to Springer that are concerning to me on the NOAA satellite pictures.

Can be accessed here:

ngs.woc.noaa.gov...

Firstly, please note that there are only two or three satellite pics showing the bay side of the west end.

Second - it appears to me that from the airport westward there is indication of extreme surface water contamination by hydrocarbons. Since it does not appear east of the airport it would appear it is either originating at the airport (or some place close by) OR it came from the bay side and was blown/surged into the west end of the island.

I'd like other people to study the west end satellites (NOT the ones on the gulf side but the ones up the middle) and tell me what they think.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Can you link to the image in question? I'm having a hell of a time determining which one you mean.

Generally speaking, I see slick in a number of areas. Particularly from boats. Is that what you mean?

[edit on 15-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Thought it was interesting that the National Guard had their cell phones taken away shortly after reporting for the relief mission at Ft Hood. It has not been done on prior 'aid' missions that they have been on

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
These images are going from the bitter west end (the bridge) eastward in order:

ngs.woc.noaa.gov...
ngs.woc.noaa.gov...
ngs.woc.noaa.gov...
ngs.woc.noaa.gov...
ngs.woc.noaa.gov...
ngs.woc.noaa.gov...
ngs.woc.noaa.gov...
ngs.woc.noaa.gov...
ngs.woc.noaa.gov...
ngs.woc.noaa.gov...

That takes you to the airport. Past that there are not the same indications.

[edit on 9-15-2008 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I was comparing the noaa pics to google satellite for an idea of before and after. There is a big difference between the two. Now the noaa pics won't come up.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The news just announced that 60 people have been found on a barrier island and are being rescued. So at least people must have been swept of the island.

No sure if it is the Bolivar or Galveston side.

It just seems the numbers for people have not been adding up.

Edit: Just wondering if the west end of the bay near San Luis and the mainland is piled up with unmentionables. Looks like the search is getting to that area.

[edit on 9/15/2008 by roadgravel]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Ok, this one definitely: ngs.woc.noaa.gov...

It's everywhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join