It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first contact with another being

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by smokingman2006

I'm a bit like you with the 'recovering' aspects, I heal very quickly, and don't suffer from colds or flu like many others do, Even if I do catch a cold it lasts an hour and oes through all the motions before disappearing, sniffles, streaming nose, sneezing, coughing, all done within the hour.
Apart from the 'mancold' I.e when I feel 'icky' ( read that as 'sicky') I call in from work coz I can't be a*sed to go to work

I had a broken bone in my hand once in a motorcycle accident and I went back to work 2 days laters and the cast came off a week after that.
I have also had a serious neck injury which wasnt detected till I had the hand injury , the hospital felt it neccesary to x-ray me all over seeing as it was a m/c accident. that had healed.
My wife hates me for not getting colds ...

And I for one feel for the way whales are treated, Mankind is such a threat to all life on the Planet, if we don't hunt for food its for sport. Where's the civilised we supposed to be in that?.
I hope the best for you and your friends SM, send them my way for a chat too

Ah well . time to go home, speak to you all tomorrow.
P.s , I hope the toothpaste works for you SM.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Dr. Michael Wolf said the dolphins (whales) were et lifeforms in our oceans. I've always thought that they were advanced, and that whales have an even larger neo cortex than we do. The carvings on Mars include the crowned face, which is nordic, (not the sphynx type one) and the egyptian woman, and a dolpin with water bubbles. I believe they are spread throughout the universe.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I feel for everything and everyone. I hope we will be ok.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Smokingman- You are so right on us (Westerners) lasting less than two weeks if the electricity were turned off. When Hurricane Wilma came to South Florida it wiped the electricity out of an entire metropolis of literally thousands upon thousands. In my county alone we have approximately 1.7 million people living here, so you can imagine the impact. It was unbelievable.

I do not wish hurricanes on anyone, they always are catastrophic, but there was a unique twist to this hurricane. As in many places that are full of hustle and bustle city life it gets to be nauseating for people like us. I personally felt I had the best 13 days of my life down here with no electricity in South Florida. Finally, every where you looked there was silence, you could actually see the stars, neighbors started talking to each other and people realized the impact of what it is like without having electricity at your beck and call....

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnslight
You are so right on us (Westerners) lasting less than two weeks if the electricity were turned off.

I personally felt I had the best 13 days of my life down here with no electricity in South Florida. Finally, every where you looked there was silence, you could actually see the stars, neighbors started talking to each other and people realized the impact of what it is like without having electricity at your beck and call....

Guess I'm not sure exactly what you're saying here - there's a lot of difference between a culture not surviving 2 weeks and the reality you posted of your neighborhood.

I think probably your experience is the more accurate. It would seem patently absurd to believe (or state) the former. Thank you for giving an example all us 'Westerners' can relate to.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer77

I believe it is a little more involved than DL's account but is a starting point; if the power grid country wide fails for 2 weeks, there would be no communications, very little transportation of any kind, same with fuel, no restock on food and how would our plastic society pay for it?

even with cash, no cash registers, no gas pumps, no refrigeration, 95% of places would have no water; our general society has become too dependent on the minority to provide for the majority; and I daresay the average person between the ages of 16 and 40 could grow a tomato or gut a deer or hog, prepare a meal from scratch with a campfire and raw goods, or plow and prepare to plant a food crop.

I am a country boy, raised on a farm yet still dealing with modern every day reality, so I have both worlds ways in my curriculum; most do not.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
People sometimes think they can't survive without electricity, that's what everyone was saying down here after everything got back to normal (it took a while). So many were saying how they hated it. I laughed on the inside each time some one would say that to me. I too, like Seeker, have got country in my blood from both sides of the family. Before my family moved to South Florida we lived out in the country, I miss those days!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

Good and valid points should there be a long-term nationwide power loss. In the event of major city or county disruption as described by DL, I see more inconvenience than catastrophe. My curiosity was aimed more at the two statements seeming to be in counterpoint to one another; however, you may have answered that by suggesting DL was referring to a larger scale than the one experienced.

Still, in the face of a nationwide disaster such as you describe, I don't believe that 'most' (over 50%) would perish within 2 weeks from the effects of electrical loss only (and I am intentionally absenting other external force[s] that caused the outage being issue to this supposition). Undoubtedly, the consequences would be devastating and there would be a great many casualties. Just my opinion that the percentages may be unreasonably skewed.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I can think of some very critical situations in hospitals that would have to be avoided at all costs, that do recquire electricity, and although many of us are not survivalists, and would not readily adapt to this, I also do not believe in a world where technology, with back up resources, should not be the progression of all people, after all the taxes of the majority actually provide this things, and its good example of what collective power people have.

I do not long to go into anything primitive. Ets live with advanced technology.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
No doubt a nation wide electrical power outage would be difficult. Going along with what Mystiq said, hospitals would most certainly suffer.

I guess a major hurricane like what my family went through is just something you'd have to experience to see the far reaching effects would be like, at least in your own life for a period of time. No pay check= no money= bills weren't paid. Fortunately I was living at home at the time so I was lucky.

This also meant no working traffic lights, I can tell you 1.7 million people in a highly condensed area with no working traffic lights means car crashes galore. I had to drive out in that, that part was really difficult. People are extremely rude and impatient where I live so that was not a good mixture, ha ha! Downed electricity lines were hot every where. Oh, ya, then there's the looting, don't forget that... madness and mayhem for sure. We had a county wide curfew at night with helicopters flying above making sure no one was out. We also had cops every where to make sure no one was out and about. But, ya, call me crazy I still loved it, but not for those reasons but b/c it made so many rethink what's most important and we could finally ..... finally slow down for a chance!

So, the jist of it all is.... what's most in important in life? With a major catastrophe, how would you react? If any major devastation came from outer space and wiped out our nations grid, many would be re-thinking there lives. It would cause us to reevaluate and maybe change how we live.

For me personally, I like country life versus city life. I'm stuck in South Florida for now, but when my hubby & I get the chance to move some day, we would really consider it!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
I can think of some very critical situations in hospitals that would have to be avoided at all costs, that do recquire electricity

I am ashamed to say that in my mind's calculating overview of such a catastrophic scenario, I did not envision individuals or specific circumstances.

Those things, even in hypothetical conjecture, should not be overlooked. Thank you, Mystiq, for reminding me.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

That depends on a lot of other factors, wonderer; on any given day there is only a 3 day's supply of food on hand, and to be quite frank a lot of the population have less than that on hand most of the time;

tis true you can last for a couple of weeks without food if you have plenty of water, still around the 2 week mark it would begin to be an intense situation for a lot of people.

A lot of facilities such as hospitals have generators for back up as do a lot of others; but for the most part, infra structures like water treatment, sewage, and petroleum distributors/pipelines do not.

still we need to focus on the positive in all things while we carefully and gently try to prepare as best we can.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by the seeker_713g

...still around the 2 week mark it would begin to be an intense situation for a lot of people.

Quite right - I think that sums it up rather succintly. Things would become most unpleasant; though (and again absent cause of power loss), the majority of the nation's population would still survive at this point. I wonder - would the elderly and very young be the most vulnerable, or would they most likely be the ones most prepared? The elderly might keep the larder fully stocked due to a less frequent monthly shopping schedule, but the infants and younger children . . . that would so depend upon the 20- and 30-something parents.

A question, seeker - or to anyone following this thread: I keep reading of the 'good' ETs and the 'bad,' those for us and those against, the Peaceful Helpers and the Hostiles. I hear the people of this planet must be 'enlightened' and more pure before they can be aided or become a part of a 'Galactic Federation.' I have not yet found anything indicating how the Hostiles, those who would destroy, managed to become a part of that Federation with so many safeguards in place. My question is: How did this happen? My question is neither facetious nor derogatory; I simply have an interest in the accepted explanation.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Curious myself Wonderer, good questions!

I have learned already that some will debate believing all aliens are either all good or all bad. If it's not outright mentioned in a thread, often times you get a hint of which direction an individual is leaning towards. I think it in part has to do with each individuals experiences and how each one perceives them. Besides, I think that it would only make sense that there could be both good and bad ones. I've decided this for myself simply because here on Earth there are also good and bad humans. Maybe better said, there are those who choose to follow a more good path and others that choose to follow a more bad path.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnslight

Without regard to any answers to my above question, I think you have written a basic and essential truth, dawnslight. As both good and bad exist in all of us, it logically also would be true of any other physical beings.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Friend, there are always 2 sides to every coin, light and dark, good vs. bad. asleep vs awake, and it will always be positive against negative, for the scales must balance.

the tale is the annunaki took neanderthal and spliced genes between their dna and created the beginnings of what we are and left us to grow and evolve;

enter the dark ones, parasites, that slipped in and secretly established their selves and set up the control system, posing as both god and devil to steer and control the humans evolving here and to manipulate our evolution, to keep us from evolving; they feed off negativity and fear.

that is a brief glimpse of the situation, much more info is available; earth is but one of many planets this same game is being played out on;

does that help you, friend?

edit for spelling glitch

[edit on 2/12/2009 by the seeker_713g]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

One thing I realise is that the ET's , both good and bad , are apparently interested in us for whatever they're reasons, the only one's that are doing anything according to a lot of threads on ATS are the bad ones. the reptiles and such .
The good ones , all they seem to be doing is tryng to nudge us onto the right path by giving singular individuals messages, whereas the bad ones seem to be able to control us fully from the shadows.

If the 'good' ones were able to directly interact with us then maybe the world wouldn't be in such a bad a shape it is today. But I feel the control of the negative emotioned aliens, the ones that want to control us fully is too strong for the good ones to interfere too much. So they have to resort to covert tactics, by touching singular people instead of the masses.
This to me states that the timetable for us to awaken is going to go past with the majority of the populace of this planet missing it.

We are so dependant on the corrupt governments , controls by the reps that we can't think for ourselves, but a few are waking up, but I fear it isn't going to be enough or in time.

God help us, we're seeing the light disappear before our eyes but we are too busy watching TV , or hard working for an honest day's pay ( thats a load of nonsence , money is just another chain in our shackles of slavery) to take notice of the failing state of Mankind.

I'm almost proud to say I'm a rat and I want off this sinking ship.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

that is part of it right there, friend, the more that want off and call out to the others that we want off, the more is heard;

several have asked why put this word out on ats since it is a limited outlet for the message; but just being on here puts it into every nation on the planet, or close to it; like ripples on a pond, if we all keep spreading the positive around our little sphere of influence, it grows; as those ripples on the pond grow from each little point eventually they will overlap.

I understand the situation; to blatantly come down here and offer to help en masse would be trespassing and the legality of it is the cabal can demand they withdraw; but enough awaken and call out for help, that we want free choice and free will, that we want our wardens to leave us be, then the calvary came come riding in legally.

just my warped view of things, data, for what it is worth.

peace and love to all.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
There is a plan that is much bigger than what it seems on the surface, and it takes place on a multitude of levels in various way, in various programs, including ones that seem compromised by involvement with cabal. Individual contact has been ongoing, but it hasn't been the biggest activity at this moment.
I keep feeling that all the various activities, including some that are not as good by our standards, are working for the prime directive. I believe if you scratch the surface just a little in your day to day lives, the reality is different than we think it is, and has always been different, and just below the surface is their presence and coordinated efforts.

In any case, I have a lot more hope for the final outcome, and believe many will be awakening, probably at the last minute, but perhaps thats when they need to the most. Also, this time around, the good guys are going to win, unlike that moment in time when Mars went down and Atlantis and Lemuria broke apart with great loss of life, and enslavement for many including ets.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Nice post Data

The sad part is we are very programmable and like a computer program once the program is install it just runs.

I will give you an example that happened to me not long ago.

For some reason since I was very little till now I have always believed that the Great Houdini had died while preforming one if his death defying tricks.

If I was on who want to be a millionaire and that had been the million dollar question I would not of thought twice .

Last week I watched a new movie on the man and in that one he dies off stage from a bursted spleen or something.
So this really confused me so I googled him and to my real surprise he did die as I had just found out in that last movie I watched.
That why we have fanatics out there who are convince their Ideas are right its all in the programming.
Scary business

[edit on 12-2-2009 by smokingman2006]

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join