It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam group urges forest fire jihad

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Islam group urges forest fire jihad

www.theage.com.au

AUSTRALIA has been singled out as a target for "forest jihad" by a group of Islamic extremists urging Muslims to deliberately light bushfires as a weapon of terror.

US intelligence channels earlier this year identified a website calling on Muslims in Australia, the US, Europe and Russia to "start forest fires", claiming "scholars have justified chopping down and burning the infidels' forests when they do the same to our lands".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Islamic terrorists urge their minions to start forest fires to punish infidels. Smokey Bear to change slogan to "Only an Apache Longbow firing AGM-114 Hellfire missiles can prevent forest fires"

that was a quote from Fark.com. I found it funny so I passed it along

www.theage.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
This was a tactic that was attempted by the Japanese during WW2...

Didn't work out so well for them.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if this was provocateur techniques to further vilify Islam. The target is a forest now, doesn't make sense to me. Koran says nothing about infidel trees.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by Reddupo]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

Good point. Each time a fire starts, the color coded little terror thingy gets a little more red. Right now it's scarlet sangria.....

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Well we can't retaliate because they ain't gotz no treez. Hard to burn sand!!
This would be a nasty way to screw us here in the States though. Some areas are very dry and full of tinder and tree growth!!

Zindo

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
This would not surprise me in the least. Well, between the Forest Fires we keep having all over the SouthWest, and Crane Collapses, anything of such a repetitive nature could easily be a terrorist attack.

We should enlist Smokey the Bear as the CT Commander of the Bush Fire Stryker Brigade.

Between Smokey and the 'Roos, the Terrorists don't face a chance in a living Bush Fire of surviving.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Firefighters and homeowners aren't the only ones keenly watching Australia's massive wildfires, responsible for killing at least 173 people in the southern part of the continent.

Terrorism experts suspect Muslim extremists are watching closely, too — and taking note of the devastation.

While Australian authorities have revealed no evidence linking the wildfires to extremists, terrorism experts say the large death toll, the huge swath of destruction and the massive financial blow to the country are proving to Islamic terrorists that arson can be a highly effective — and simple — tool of holy war.

Australian Wildfires Could Fuel 'Forest Jihad' Terrorists, Experts Say

While I am the first to say that Fox is more than likely a propagator of baseless speculation in many cases (let's not turn this thread into a debate on the voracity of Fox, by the way) this corrolation is very interesting indeed.

It is either a case of a suspicion coming to fruitition or a false flag.

What say you ATS?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Now that is a bit of interesting.

Thank you for the resurrection.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
sounds like a false flag operation to me. i sincerely hope that the Aussies being affected right now will see through this blatant and shameful attempt at igniting more hatred and violence.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

Sounds to me like they had info that terrorists would start fires and then somewhere down the road they started fires. If they look deliberate...maybe there is more than one "zero point"....then it could be them. btw is it just me or are these terrorists crazy? do they atually think people are afraid of them and not just annoyed?

Could bea falsge flag tho i'll believe it when they attempt to draw legislation because of the fire. peace.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Because.....terrorist are too kind and gentle, and have no will for power? None would ever use something easy to do and devasting to a country as a means of creating chaos?

That just seems so UNLIKE terrorists.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
So it's just a coincidence that this "news" comes out right as these fires are destroying property and lives in Australia? The timing alone makes this "news" suspect in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
its just necromace :p

Check the date of the post (posted on 11/9/08 at 19:15).. necromance from moderator... bad bad moderator.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
As others have said.... just anti-Islam propaganda.
Next it will be that they are deliberately leaving all their appliences on to melt the ice-caps and flood the world...

"Death to the infidels...in about 150 years!!"

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reddupo
I wouldn't be surprised if this was provocateur techniques to further vilify Islam.

That certainly could be the case ..or of course it could just be deluded, extremist imans stirring up more hatred against 'inferior kuffars'.

I think the authors of this website need to be looked at :

The website, posted by a group called the Al-Ikhlas Islamic Network, argues in Arabic that lighting fires is an effective form of terrorism justified in Islamic law under the "eye for an eye" doctrine.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
Well we can't retaliate because they ain't gotz no treez. Hard to burn sand!!

Zindo

Well, if you get the sand hot enough, you can turn it to glass - if you get my drift.

Actually, I've thought before that these types of fires would make an excellent terror weapon, and I'd be surprised if some fires in the U.S. hadn't been started by terrorists.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackcube
its just necromace :p

Check the date of the post (posted on 11/9/08 at 19:15).. necromance from moderator... bad bad moderator.

What are you talking about?

The article from September (opening post) suggests that forest fires could be started in Austrailia. 4 1/2 months later there is a major bush fire.

You can even ignore the article I sourced; the fact of the matter is that there is some synchronicity...even if Islamic extremists aren't invovled (I am the first to say that I don't think that everything bad happening can be attributed to terrorism) there is something interesting about this flow of events.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
A major bush fire, with about 100 sites for it being set.

A bush fire that was started in 100 different places in the same vicinity.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The "experts" always appear to try and link anything to "Islamic Jihadists" these days, it's what gets them airtime and funding.
No proof of involvement is needed, just the suggestion that they could attempt something, even try to instigate something that happens naturally anyway.

What will those evil Jihadists come up with next? Well lets see.... how many people killed by cars every year?.... well it's gotta be lots so lets try and link motor vehicle deaths to Jihadists too. What about old age? I'm sure we can find an angle there to point the finger of guilt as well.... etc...etc...

Once again, we never get links to all these terrorist websites that the government and "terrorism experts" always find the juicy material on, we just gotta take their word that they exist and that people make these threats on them. Even if the sites do exist, we don't know who makes the posts, do we? Just like here on ATS, we don't really KNOW who is posting beyond an assumed forum name.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join