It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

large black animal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
while driving to work this morning i saw what appeard to be a large dog in the fields i have to drive past nothing unsuall i know but as i looked closser it was feeding on a sheep i pulled over and looked over the gate and i cudnt b sure if it was a dog any more as it looked to big and almost cat like i live in crewe in the uk has any 1 eles heard about big cats in the wild near that area ??

ps. im not stupid with the spellings im slightly dislesic sorry if i dont explane my self properly or spell things corectly i have trouble gettin wat i can say down on paper

[edit on 10-9-2008 by batch]

[edit on 10-9-2008 by batch]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I just found this whilst doing a quick search - www.thebestof.co.uk...

It's not much but pretty coincidental don't you think?

I know and have heard of people who have seen big cats in the UK. I think they're more common and widespread than most people think.

Edit: Another link - www.scottishbigcats.co.uk...

[edit on 10-9-2008 by Xeros]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
When I lived in the UK there were plenty of rumors about a black panther in the south east. Never corroborated though.

I don´t suppose you managed to whip out your cameraphone in time?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
hey batch, not sure about crewe area, but definitely in Aldershot area, a pal of mine in the Navy saw a large black cat at our old Medic Training camp (im ex RAF). I wasn't there, however he's researching into it at the mo

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
My UK geography is not the greatest but here is a recent report of a large black cat from Isleham. Is this close to where you saw your black cat?

THE FEN Tiger has reared its head again - this time in Isleham.

A couple from the village reported seeing a black creature with a long tail stalking around at 10pm on August Bank Holiday Monday, prompting a wildlife officer to start mapping out Big Cat sightings.

PC Paul Carter said he had heard many reports of big cats in the North Cambs countryside, but this is the first reported sighting in Isleham.

In March this year, our sister paper The Cambs Times reported a string of sightings across Fenland, which included the towns of Whittlesey and Wisbech.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

story

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
There are loose wildcats everywhere so it is quite possible that you did see a large black cat.A lot of people just let them go after they became more trouble than they were worth when owning a big exotic cat was the trendy thing to have.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I don't know about your area, but there have been loads of reports of a big cat ( the bodmin beast) in bodmin devon uk, apparently they say it maybe a puma or a cat of similar size, the stories tell of cattle being killed and large claw marks left on the carcass. my mother lives there an never saw anything like it but i can imagine people in you area say the same thing.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
We've had a few reports of large black cats here in N/W Arizona.

Thinking is, domestic black cats have mated with a bobcat or the like.

Domestic black cats that have gone feral - according to our vet - do quite well due to their natural camoflauge that blends with the night.

I'm forever tripping over our black cat in the dark.
He's quite large as well, largest domestic black cat I've seen in person.

Along these same lines, Arizona allows hunting of mountain lions.
The last two that were taken were pictured in the local paper and they're quite large compared to mountain lions in California.

The mountain communities have lost more than a few dogs, one local one right off the front porch of his house....

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Desert Dawg

I am in North Carolina and saw one crossing the road. I looked like a mountain lion, about the size of a great dane.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
with lions walking around there i think i'll stay here in the uk.
the worse i see is huddie teenages and the rubbish weather.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desert Dawg
We've had a few reports of large black cats here in N/W Arizona.

Thinking is, domestic black cats have mated with a bobcat or the like.

Domestic black cats that have gone feral - according to our vet - do quite well due to their natural camoflauge that blends with the night.

I'm forever tripping over our black cat in the dark.
He's quite large as well, largest domestic black cat I've seen in person.

Along these same lines, Arizona allows hunting of mountain lions.
The last two that were taken were pictured in the local paper and they're quite large compared to mountain lions in California.

The mountain communities have lost more than a few dogs, one local one right off the front porch of his house....
You know it must be something about the color that makes them grow bigger,iv'e got a black female domestic cat that has also grown to colossal size.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Originally posted by batch

while driving to work this morning i saw what appeard to be a large dog in the fields i have to drive past nothing unsuall i know but as i looked closser it was feeding on a sheep i pulled over and looked over the gate and i cudnt b sure if it was a dog any more as it looked to big and almost cat like i live in crewe in the uk has any 1 eles heard about big cats in the wild near that area ??

Batch,... Baaaatch? When you see something that strange as in "a big black cat devouring a sheep from yards away". Your first impulse should have been immediately pick up your cell phone to call the authorities... and waited there with EYES GLUED until they arrived.

You just saw a polar bear in the rain forrest!

Fact, your boss would have loved to see his favorite employee on the nightly news... trust me. I would have never left the scene if a Bigfoot, a Chubacabra, Lockness monster, a Grey, Whoopi Goldberg or any other strange creature was in my plain sight.

Now you are put in the position of not really knowing what it was?

[edit on 10-9-2008 by Level X]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I rather take my chances with the mountain lion (couger) than a bunch of teenage punks. The cat is safer.

We have also seen, white, black and piebald deer. Then again I just found out here on ATS the military managed to bury a NUKE here abouts in 1961...

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Level X

i left my fone in the car as i jmped out i was allredy late for work. to be honest it sceard the # out of me as it wasnt very bright at 6:45 in the morning. i wasnt sure what it was and my boss is very religious part of the plymoth breatherin they arent aloud to watch tv or listen to radios not evan read news papers so he wouldnt have seen the funny side to me standing down a back lane watching a animal, it cud have been chupacabra bigfoot and a grey having a picnic and it would have still resulted in me getting a warning lol. i have been off work ill since so i will go ask the famer wen i go in on monday, as for the first coment left thts very interesting wen i have spoken 2 the famer either monday or over the weekend i will see what the score is

chears batch

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
been to the famer one of his sheep was killed the day in question. he dosent know by what hes burnt the body now so i didnt get to see it
i been speaking to him and he says there are big cats aroud our area as he has seen thm on5 sperate ocassions and he contributed the death to them also
peace batch

top topics

join