It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video:Alex Jones: How The 'Two-Party' System is a fraud

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
While extremely simplified, it sums up perfectly how these "two parties" create the illusion of difference, when in fact they are just "prop-up boards" for one another! And the bamboozlement of this "illusion of choice" or "differences" is, and has been working to perfection.

All one needs to see for proof is to look right here, at ATS, as the Bi-Partisan bickering, insults, and cheering on of another Elitist-pupeteered, special interest-serving administration is rife on all the political forums.

People STILL are asleep and totally oblivious to the way they've been manipulated, YET AGAIN.

Get ready for 4 more years of the same old, same old!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The highest form of democracy is the one the Scandinavian countries use, proportional democracy. Unlike a winner take all system where, like in my province Gordon Campbell took a majority fascist extreme right government on around 40%, whereas 60% voted green and ndp (despite his win, I feel proud of my province) both in his riding and provincially. In proportional democracy, the percentage you vote for fills the seats. Naturally things get debated a lot more, and nothing pushed through easily as well. Plus they use referendums a lot.
US and Canada just seems to vote in a king.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Ah, DD, I am in awe of you. You find the best stuff.

Yes, this is something I had figured out a VERY long time ago. Glad to see Alex defining it so well.

And this is why I am voting Ron Paul, who, though a "republican," is outside the Party Box (obviously, otherwise he wouldn't be opposed by the Republican party as show in the RNC failure to even mention his name, though he did get votes).

Thanks for another excellent find.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
As simple as Alex Jones laid it out there for the people, there will still be those who can't (or just don't want to) comprehend it. Only those capable of recognizing and admitting their own mistakes and faults through personal introspection will see the light, and that's a very hard thing to do when the media keeps people bogged down in their insecurities and fears.

Peace

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Self-evident here:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
What no 30year (in the business John Simpson type) news and current affairs analyst telling us what we need to know about politics? Anything that simple can’t be right? For all the UK sheeple on here that actually (laughs very hard and then picks himself up off the floor thinking about these deluded and apparently intelligent people?) ‘Debate’ which party is better? Just change the two parties for Labour and Conservative. Anyone that votes for any of our current parties in the UK and the two in the US needs to take a long hard look at where they are. Remember sheeple these are the same people that have ‘created’ (and yes they have not me) this police state/Nanny state, devoid of any good save that which is not taxed or strangled by our controlling laws.

For Feck sake wise up you cannon fodder!

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

In Belgium, the 100% is plit between 7 to 8 parties and to form a group that takes power, several of these parties has to form a coalition that controls more then 50% of the votes.

Since there are 3 large parties that get 20-30% of the votes most of the time and some smaller groups, we usually end up with a 65-70% votes coalition.

The minister seats then get split trough internal negotiation within a group like this, usually getting the smaller parties that made this coalition possible some semi important minister seats. Because we're dealing with a coalition of parties, we also have differing points of view within the coalition resulting in, as you said happens in Scandinavian nations, more debate and less unilateral decisions by 1 single party.

new topics

top topics

join