It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Was Your Favorite Barack Obama Line?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
With all the talk about Sarah Palin's speech, I think it's only fair to have a thread where people can talk about their favorite Barack Obama line from his speech in Denver.

Here's mine:

"That's why I stand here tonight. Because for two hundred and thirty two years, at each moment when that promise was in jeopardy, ordinary men and women - students and soldiers, farmers and teachers, nurses and janitors -- found the courage to keep it alive."

Sounds like he was describing Sarah Palin and John McCain.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
"uh, uh uh"

Thats about it, for a possible president, like that the best.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
My personal favorite was his response about conception and when life begins at Saddleback. Regardless of where you stand on the issue, "it's above my pay grade" was the most pathetic response in campaign history. If you're running for the most powerful job in the country, nothing is above your pay grade.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
"thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you everybody, thank you, thank you.." Ad finitum...

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
"I concede."

Oh wait, he hasn't said that.

YET.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
OMG... here's a classic I overlooked...

"More of you have cars you can't afford to drive, credit card bills you can't afford to pay, and tuition that's beyond your reach. These challenges are not all of government's making."

These challenges aren't ALL the government's making?

Seriously? Does anybody even listen to his pathetic drivel?

Which of these is ANY of the government's making?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Here's another classic...

"Now, many of these plans will cost money, which is why I've laid out how I'll pay for every dime."

Barack is going to pay for every dime??? Then why is he going to send us the bill?

It's like taking a bunch of friends out to dinner and saying you're going to pay, and they when the bill comes you give it to your buddy Larry and say, "Dude... just pay the bill.... you got more bling than anybody else, so just pay it."

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Here's one I'm not sure what he meant:

"Yes, we must provide more ladders to success for young men who fall into lives of crime and despair."

Who was he talking about providing the ladders? And I'm not sure how somebody "falls into" a life of crime. Isn't that absolving the person of individual responsibility for his own choices?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Who was he talking about providing the ladders? And I'm not sure how somebody "falls into" a life of crime. Isn't that absolving the person of individual responsibility for his own choices?

I think he means those youths who didn't grow up with rich grandparents and go to the most expensive private school in Hawaii like he did.

Isn't it great how he can identify with these people? Inflating their tires and eating less would also help them save money and keep them off the street robbing gas stations.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
OMG, you're being so unfair. Not everyone is a great speaker all the time.

“In the end, no amount of American forces can solve the political differences that lie at the heart of somebody else's civil war.”

--- Obama Speech, Jan. 19, 2007

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
You gotta remember this one, it's one of my favorites...

“Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go.”

I don't know what subjects they're teaching at Harvard these days, but evidently geography aint one of them!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I think this describes him best.

"White people have racism bred in to their DNA."

Well,considering his WHITE mom sacrificed a lot for him and his WHITE Grandparents too,I would consider this statement BS.

But maybe what he meant to say was,"Black men have abandoning their wives and women of their children bred in to their DNA."

Isn't it ironic that the first black man,the only true AFRICAN-AMERICAN to be a serious possibility to be President,has no slave blood in him?Unless it is on his moms side of the family.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Or how about this one...

*Earlier this month in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, Obama showed off his knowledge of the war in Afghanistan by honing in on a lack of translators:

“We only have a certain number of them and if they are all in Iraq, then it’s harder for us to use them in Afghanistan.”

The real reason it’s “harder for us to use them” in Afghanistan is because Iraqis speak Arabic or Kurdish. The Afghanis speak Pashto, Farsi, or other non-Arabic languages.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I love the topic of this thread, read on...

Recently on a campaign trip in Oregon, Obama pleaded ignorance of the decades-old, multi-billion-dollar massive Hanford nuclear waste clean-up:

“Here’s something that you will rarely hear from a politician, and that is that I’m not familiar with the Hanford, uuuuhh, site, so I don’t know exactly what’s going on there. (Applause.) Now, having said that, I promise you I’ll learn about it by the time I leave here on the ride back to the airport.”

I assume on that ride, a staffer reminded him that he’s voted on at least one defense authorization bill that addressed the “costs, schedules, and technical issues” dealing with the nation’s most contaminated nuclear waste site.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRooster
You gotta remember this one, it's one of my favorites...

“Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go.”

I don't know what subjects they're teaching at Harvard these days, but evidently geography aint one of them!

Yup, that's the one.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
OMG, you're being so unfair. Not everyone is a great speaker all the time.

“In the end, no amount of American forces can solve the political differences that lie at the heart of somebody else's civil war.”

--- Obama Speech, Jan. 19, 2007

NEWS FLASH. There is no civil war. There never was. Even the Iraqis never thought so. In any case, military force DID stop what civil strife that was going on. Most of it inflamed by AQ, which was taken out in the surge.

Yeah, great quote. he was completely wrong about what our military is capable of.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Wait, I'm not done...

*Obama has as much trouble with numbers as he does with maps. Last March, on the anniversary of the Bloody Sunday march in Selma, Alabama, he claimed his parents united as a direct result of the civil rights movement:

“There was something stirring across the country because of what happened in Selma, Alabama, because some folks are willing to march across a bridge. So they got together and Barack Obama Jr. was born.”

Obama was born in 1961. The Selma march took place in 1965.

Talk about pandering for votes, this guy will say anything to get elected.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
OK, one more and I'm done...

* Last May, he claimed that Kansas tornadoes killed a whopping 10,000 people:

“In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died — an entire town destroyed.”

The actual death toll...

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Okay, one more then I'm done.

"My uncle liberated Auschwitz concentration camp"

NOT EXACTLY, your mother had no brothers and the Russan army did the
liberating.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by calcoastseeker

Isn't it ironic that the first black man,the only true AFRICAN-AMERICAN to be a serious possibility to be President,has no slave blood in him?Unless it is on his moms side of the family.

Actually Barack Hussein Obama is not half black. If elected, he would be the first Arab-American President, not the first black President.

Barack Hussein Obama is 50% Caucasian from his mother's side and 43.75% Arabic and 6.25% African Negro from his father's side.

While Barack Hussein Obama's father was from Kenya , his father's family was mainly Arabs..

Barack Hussein Obama's father was only 12.5% African Negro and
87.5% Arab (his father's birth certificate even states he's Arab, not African
Negro).
From....and for more....go to..... www.arcadeathome.com...,_only_6.25%25_African

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join