It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Was Your Favorite Barack Obama Line?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Except for just one member and one mod, the lib/dems seem to be blowing their chance for equal time on this thread.

Which proves a point I've been making on many other political threads - that beyond a couple of sound bites they may have heard on TV, many (most?) of Obama's supporters don't have a clue what Obama stands for (honestly, neither do I) or why they support him. The reason for no lib/dem posts here?

It would be sad and pathetic if our future wasn't hanging in the balance over this election.

[edit on 9/6/2008 by centurion1211]

They are all out bashing Sara Palins hair style.

It's sad but true

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
"She is a Typical White Person"

I am not tryng to read too far into this.

*That statement will be very difficult to justify.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by sqid4life]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
My favorite Obama quote is;

"You're absolutely right that John McCain has not, uh, talked about my Muslim faith."

[edit on 8-9-2008 by 4x4fun]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Originally posted by Hal9000

"More of you have cars you can't afford to drive, credit card bills you can't afford to pay, and tuition that's beyond your reach. These challenges are not all of government's making."

Still doesn't change his implication that having a car you can't afford, credit card bills, and tuition that's too high is somehow the government's fault.

And exactly how is the Federal government and George Bush or ANY POTUS supposed to "respond" to an individual who can't make his car payment? The problem with his statement is it presupposes the Federal government should intervene somehow to help you when you can't make your car payment, or when you spent too much on your credit cards, or to pay your tuition.

Jamie.. The Bush Administration has allowed for an unprecidented amount of deregulation of the finance industry allowing predatory lending. Yes many people got in over their head and they have responsibility for it, but many of them were victims of corrupt practices that have been well documented and written about in the credit card and lending industry. It's the governments job to reign in the lending industry when they start engaging in clearly unethical practices and flat out lying to people about how they can afford a loan or sending children credit card offers etc. etc.

Even Secretary Paulson acknowledges that we need to re-institute some regulation within the financial lending industry in light of the Freddie Mac and Fannie May bailout..which will now cost taxpayers Billions...

As Paulson laid out his prognosis for America’s mortgage crisis and last week’s disaster on Wall Street, he tossed aside the dogmatic, decades-long conservative tradition of promoting market deregulation:

”This latest episode has highlighted that the world has changed as has the role of other nonbank financial institutions and the interconnectedness among all financial institutions,” Paulson said. ”These changes require us all to think more broadly about the regulatory and supervisory framework that is consistent with the promotion and maintenance of financial stability,” he added.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by maybereal11]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I think this one kind of explains why so many think Obama is an 'empty suit'.

'

My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history

of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it.'

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join