It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting in Melbourne

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
me and my family were walking to our car and i was looking at the southern cross as because i had it tattooed on me and im sorta spas over it lately and i saw 2 stars "south west" of it and one of them started moving left i yelled to my mum to look but she shrugged it off as plane but Ive never seen a plane so high and one that had lights which made it look like a star

the time was around 8:45pm suburb location edithvale

if anyone has any knowledge or any ideas what this was loved to hear them

cheers (Y)

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
hate to burst your bubble but it sounds like a plane from what youre saying. did it do anything nifty like disappear? change color? direction? speed?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TimeDog

it was no plane

it just faded away after it moved a fair bit to the left

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I hope your aware that we are now(or even a couple of decades) capable of invincibility of some sort..like a cloaking device. It was announced not too long ago. I wouldnt be surprised if what you saw was a government aircraft being tested out. But I guess we will never know since now and days its hard to distinguish whats ufo/gov/or cgi.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I saw something similar (according to your description) last night at about 7pm.

I am probably within 5 mins drive of you.

Didn't think too much of it at the time because it wasn't moving too much. It was definetely moving though. I was leaning on a pole having a smoke and it kept dipping below and and back above a tree (quite noticeable). Looked just like a star and was quickly shining through a variety of colours(just like some stars).

[edit on 5-9-2008 by seenitall]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by seenitall

ahk mad

atleast somone else saw it where abouts do you live?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I had a similar experience a week or so ago and posted a thread about it....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

See what you think....

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
We watched a large craft hover over Kew from the st eastern freeway in '99. It was midnight, there were thousands of cars everywhere. This thing came down, and sat stationary over a housing area. We were the only car to stop on the freeway with a decent vista. It terrified my family. I was prepared and accepted that we watched an experimental army craft as it clearly wasn't known current tech. My sis freaked out and drove off. The craft then appeared above our car (this is at least 5km away from the initial sighting). It hovered above us and then speed off. I was impressed and afraid. I wondered why the military would test something so high tech and follow a random car.
It was a large fast high performance craft.
It was not a helicopter. It was straight outta sci fi flick.
My family were so shocked they are too afraid to talk about it still.
I just wonder WTF is going on in Melbourne. There seem to be a lot of mad ufo stories over the years, but it is still pretty "lunatic fringe" and after what happened to us I know it isn't just part of the cities urban theology.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by serpentine

lots of crazy stuff has happened down here

i cant remember much but when i was young i remember seeing these lights in the skies and being sorta scared and since then ive been terrified of aliens and ufos come to think of it im pretty sure i was scared of them before hand

kinda weird being 3 years old and knowin what aliens are

mite'v been possibly abducted? we'll never know..... well not now XD

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I live in Melbourne and haven't noticed anything weird.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ChipsAhoy

Got a link to info about when this was announced? Or evidence that we military forces use this technology?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
About a fortnight ago, I saw a slow flashing light moving across the night sky (in Brisbane) far higher than I would expect any (at least commercial) flight going. Totally beyond sight except when the light flicked on. Regular but much slower than the lights on usual flights would be. Like a 'flick' (around an 8 second pause) 'flick'

I assumed that it was either military or a sattelite. Still interesting though.

top topics

join