It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eceti Gilliland video's ...UFO's or iridium Flares ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
these are the best ufo vids from eceti on you tube imo

i am trying to keep an open mind about this, so are they Alien craft or are we seeing iridium flares ?

check out these video's and tell me what you think ?

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.eceti.org...

here is a video of an iridium flare for comparison...

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

www.satobs.org...

the anomalies in the Eceti video's seem to be different when compared to the iridium flare anomalies....

what do you think about the comparison ?

[edit on 4-9-2008 by easynow]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Good comparison but flares don't fly upward at an increasing rate of speed. A thorough review of James Gilliland's videos (one in particular) would reveal this simple fact.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by NightVision]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Also, satellite's / flares don't split off into two, then meld back into one. I think some of the objects up there might be satellites, but many of the things up there appear to be very stange, unconventional objects.

There is definitely something going on there.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

thanks NightVision ,

in the video you posted i do not see any indication of anything flying upward ?

all i see is something flying along pretty fast as far as i can tell, but the shaky camera would make it hard to conclude that anything is flying upward ?

not trying to debunk your statement or your observation...i just don't see exactly what your saying is all.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It is not an Iridium flare, they don't increase then decrease then increase in intensity. Some satellites tumble which can cause this effect.

But with no background stars we can't even be sure the light(s) are in the sky.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

thanks NightVision ,

in the video you posted i do not see any indication of anything flying upward ?

all i see is something flying along pretty fast as far as i can tell, but the shaky camera would make it hard to conclude that anything is flying upward ?

not trying to debunk your statement or your observation...i just don't see exactly what your saying is all.

Not to sound rude, but If you can't see two objects illuminate and then dart upward, all i can really say is visit an eye doctor.

Seriously man, have you done ANY homework on this or are you just glancing over everything?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Also, satellite's / flares don't split off into two, then meld back into one. I think some of the objects up there might be satellites, but many of the things up there appear to be very stange, unconventional objects.

There is definitely something going on there.

i was thinking the same thing and can only speculate that it is from the distorted reflection through the atmosphere ??

also if there is two or three satellites flying together they could be reflecting off each other and make it appear as if they are splitting into two ??

just some observations of mine.

yes i agree there is something going on there

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

ok maybe i can't see it...so hopefully someone else will either confirm your observations or question them further....

that video is very poor quality also

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

ok NightVision , i went and cleaned my glasses and did my homework..

i see what your saying now...it happens so fast that it's easy to miss.

between the 5-6 second mark in the video alot happens, it appears to stop and move like you said. what i find most amazing is how fast the thing blasts off like James was saying " looks like he turned on the afterburners "

good catch
...not a satellite in my opinion.

do you know of any other examples such as the one you posted ?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
anybody else have an opinion on the video NightVision has posted ?

really interested in hearing some other feedback

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I just posted my comments on the Gilliland videos on the other thread, but it seems to fit here OK, so here's what I reckon.

At the beginning of many of the UFO videos made at the Gilliland ranch, it's noted that the Heavens Above website is referenced to check for predicted satellite passes. The implication is that the objects seen in the videos can't be satellites since Heavens Above hasn't predicted them. This in my opinion is very misleading.

Heavens Above provides useful predictions for a few dozen brighter satellites only. Apart from the spectactular Irridiums, the ISS, the Genesis duo, etc. the website only gives timings for satellites brighter than magnitude 4.5. It has nothing at all on the thousands of fainter ones. The unassisted human eye can detect objects as faint as magnitude 6.5 under favourable conditions. This is considerably fainter than anything quoted by Heavens Above. I would guess that the skies above the Gilliland ranch are as near perfect as it's possible to get, so the sky will appear alive with satellites at certain times of the night.

Twice daily, NORAD publishes the orbital elements of around 8,000 satellites and space debris, many of which are visible to the naked eye in very dark locations. Almost all these bodies can be video'd with a CCD camera attached to an off the shelf Go-To telescope. Using a laptop to control the scope and a satellite link to the Internet, a serious sky watcher could instantly download all 8,000 orbits and track those passing over his location in real time one after the other. Such equipment would be ideal for exploring the skies above Gilliland ranch. However, much of the published evidence comes from small cameras and camcorders operated way beyond their optical capabilities.

To record phenomena like these with no measurement or even an estimate of optical magnitude is of little value from the scientific perspective. To watch points of light passing through a starfield gives us no idea as to how bright/visible these objects actually are. Remember that any camera lens will 'see' far fainter objects than the human eye is capable of detecting. A large number of these bodies are also tumbling out of control, so exhibit flaring in quite unpredicatable patterns. The 'power ups' exhaulted in many of the YouTube videos can be explained in this way, as can the inevitable fade-outs as the objects pass into Earth shadow.

Having watched a large number of Gilliland sky videos and having personally observed and video'd satellites using professional quality equipment, I am of the opinion that most of these YouTube phenomena are Earth orbiting satellites. There may be other optical events happening there which demand more study, I cannot say more without seeing them myself. I therefore look forward with much anticipation to the results of the ATS investigation.

WG3

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by waveguide3

thanks for your interesting post

The implication is that the objects seen in the videos can't be satellites since Heavens Above hasn't predicted them. This in my opinion is very misleading.

i agree...too much space junk floating around also...

A 1999 study estimated there are some 4 million pounds of space junk in low-Earth orbit, just one part of a celestial sea of roughly 110,000 objects larger than 1 centimeter -- each big enough to damage a satellite or space-based telescope.

www.space.com...

esamultimedia.esa.int...

Space debris comprise the ever-increasing amount of inactive space hardware in orbit around the Earth as well as fragments of spacecraft that have broken up, exploded or otherwise become abandoned. About 50 percent of all trackable objects are due to in-orbit explosion events (about 200) or collision events (less than 10).

www.esa.int...

with all the satellites and space junk floating around i don't know how a Alien UFO could even get thru that mess...

[edit on 4-9-2008 by easynow]

join