It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet Traffic Begins to Bypass the U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Internet Traffic Begins to Bypass the U.S.

www.nytimes.com

And now, the balance of power is shifting. Data is increasingly flowing around the United States, which may have intelligence — and conceivably military — consequences.

American intelligence officials have warned about this shift. “Because of the nature of global telecommunications, we are playing with a tremendous home-field advantage, and we need to exploit that edge,” Michael V. Hayden, the director of the Central Intelligence Agency, testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee in 2006.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
HA friggin HA!!

I love to see the inteligeeks shake in their boots when they've had it so easy for so long. Now they are going to have to get creative.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The phrase "Ye reap as ye sow" comes immediately to mind on this news. I might add that because of our border Gestapo A.K.A. TSA and their heavy handed Nazi thug tactics we have seen a serious drop off in tourism revenue in the United States. I think it is in the 10's of billions per year at this point.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Yes America certainly knows how to make friends on a global scale huh?

We've been the school yard bully long enough to give the other kids reason to join forces and plot against us.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Have you read the book Unrestricted Warfare by the PLA colonels Qiao Liang and Wang Xiangsui? It was written back in 1999 long before this more modern age of unreasoned aggression and they pretty much outlined that the US has really pissed off the Chinese and many other nations and that basically war had changed and now everything is fair since the United States will break any rule of war that suits them when ever they choose.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
No but thanks for the heads up..... I will be sure to check it out.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

kinda posted last week

top topics

join