It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Science Of Mysticism And Spirituality

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFOTECH
In what is considered by me as one of the best collated and refined versions of the theory of quantum connections to the functions of the mind and if also applied to mystical states is Dr. Karl Pribram's Holonomic brain theory. This page is hosted at scholarpedia and written in a fairly easy to digest format in my opinion.

I think his conclusions have a lot of merit but his lack of understanding in some of the quantum effects of the dendrites shows an incomplete awareness on the electronics that are currently being produced such as quantum well lasers. A lot of academics have a great deal of understanding in one or several related fields of science but often have learned in holes in their knowledge which is I think an artifact of specialization. Just the same this is a highly qualified read on the subject matter.

Again that's brilliant. I won't be able to comment on any of that for a long time but I'll U2U you if I think of anything. Thanks thats really good.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This is another good group of papers on quantum consciousness connections.

consc.net...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Space_Ed

Hi

I think the science of why the 3rd eye works as it does can be explained by science. The brain does release a natural form of '___' which some people have more of than others.

However science falls down when what is seen beyond the 3rd eye! I dont think any of it can be explained by todays science as its of things we have yet to understand. I for one have given up trying to understand it, Ive just accepted it with respect.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green

Hi

I think the science of why the 3rd eye works as it does can be explained by science. The brain does release a natural form of '___' which some people have more of than others.

However science falls down when what is seen beyond the 3rd eye! I dont think any of it can be explained by todays science as its of things we have yet to understand. I for one have given up trying to understand it, Ive just accepted it with respect.

Yeah I'm with you there...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
dmt lol thi pineal gland lol the third eye.......... LOL are you suggesting that a dream state is actually another dimension? '___' is dumped into your brain during rem sleep which results in the intense reality of some dreams i fail to see what this has to with science at all?

i ask you to give this a whirl it induces hallucination without any drugs at all are you by chance suggesting that this causes you to see things more the way they are than what is actually seen when clear minded and not influenced by outside imput?

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 2-9-2008 by constantwonder]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I've seen the David Wilcock video, and a lot of his other work as well (Project Camelot interview, Divine Cosmos website &etc.) In regards to what you mentioned, I was intrigued to learn about the pineal gland and the numerous pine cone symbols in religions. I was inspired to create a craft project using a pine cone to represent this new found knowledge and what it means to me.

Anyway, you were looking for more science/spirituality information. I highly reccomend checking out the Kryon channelings (www.kryon.com). Here you may find a deeper understanding of many scientific principles and phenomenon, DNA, &etc., from a unique spiritual perspective. As always, use your discernment and take away what resonates with you.

Your friend in truth,
Maat

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

The dream state is not another dimension, no. At least not a singular dimension. In the dream state, we are able to travel freely through the (plural) dimensions. It is our natural state to do so, and part of the reason why sleep is so necessary is because it connects us to that natural state of being. This limited, 4D existence is, on the contrary, very unnatural to our core, spiritual level. Anyway, laugh all you want.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by maatunidy

The dream state is not another dimension, no. At least not a singular dimension. In the dream state, we are able to travel freely through the (plural) dimensions. It is our natural state to do so, and part of the reason why sleep is so necessary is because it connects us to that natural state of being. This limited, 4D existence is, on the contrary, very unnatural to our core, spiritual level. Anyway, laugh all you want.

but the intensly real rem dreams are caused by dmt in the brainim asking if this is what you think is the difference from a dmt enduced dream and the intense psycholdelic affects of actually ingesting dmt they are no different jsut when high on dmt your merely triguring a dream like state while awake and how does that cooralate to other dimensions

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder

Originally posted by maatunidy

but the intensly real rem dreams are caused by dmt in the brainim asking if this is what you think is the difference from a dmt enduced dream and the intense psycholdelic affects of actually ingesting dmt they are no different jsut when high on dmt your merely triguring a dream like state while awake and how does that cooralate to other dimensions

I'm not saying that dreams are other dimensions. I don't think anyone else is here either. I think that in the dream state other dimensions can be experienced. Some people have prophetic dreams and so something special is going on there. I think '___' has many roles. In the body the same chemical can have a number of different functions and I'm sure the same applies for '___'.

I think what others are saying is that when the pineal gland is activated during meditation, '___' is involved in that. Other realms are experienced by some in deep meditative states.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Space_Ed]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder
how does that cooralate to other dimensions?

Have a look at Ufotech's posts and links and have a look at the David Wilcock video I linked in the opening post I put up. Also looking at the Spiritual Science site I linked later on with regard to 6th sense abilities wouldn't be a bad thing either.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I just found this awesome website that I thought I should add:

www.quantumbuddhism.org...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Space_Ed

I'm not saying that dreams are other dimensions. I don't think anyone else is here either. I think that in the dream state other dimensions can be experienced.

Dont we have to actually astral project to see these other dimensions? I have had lucid dreaming and astral projection explained to me many times before but I still dont really get the difference. I know from experience how very different astral projection is, as you actually leave your body. Lucid dreaming is another matter though, we dont leave our bodies so where exactly do we go??

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Dont we have to actually astral project to see these other dimensions? I have had lucid dreaming and astral projection explained to me many times before but I still dont really get the difference. I know from experience how very different astral projection is, as you actually leave your body. Lucid dreaming is another matter though, we dont leave our bodies so where exactly do we go??

I really couldn't answer that. So how have you astral travelled? I've heard bits about it. Like you can do it in deep meditation.... any chance you could enlighten me here? Thanks.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Only AP twice for sure. You just know because you feel your self leave your body through this mass of vibrations. I was sent through what looked like sky blue clouds to a room. I was stood up but spinning round and round. In the room it was all sky blue again with an old man in a blue robe pointing to a blue galaxy. I freaked out and went crashing back into my body, I then breathed like a person would who was brought back to life, like a gasp for air.

The other time was much darker, it was a dark tube that went through galaxies, planets and stars. I just remember it was all very dark, right up until the end when I saw Earth , it was just so green and blue it was beautiful compared to all the blackness. This AP was also initiated by the vibrations just prior to leaving my body.

I have no idea how I did it and would be unable to do it again. It was all totally random. Yet I know I left my body for sure, neither was a dream.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Only AP twice for sure. You just know because you feel your self leave your body through this mass of vibrations. I was sent through what looked like sky blue clouds to a room. I was stood up but spinning round and round. In the room it was all sky blue again with an old man in a blue robe pointing to a blue galaxy. I freaked out and went crashing back into my body, I then breathed like a person would who was brought back to life, like a gasp for air.

The other time was much darker, it was a dark tube that went through galaxies, planets and stars. I just remember it was all very dark, right up until the end when I saw Earth , it was just so green and blue it was beautiful compared to all the blackness. This AP was also initiated by the vibrations just prior to leaving my body.

I have no idea how I did it and would be unable to do it again. It was all totally random. Yet I know I left my body for sure, neither was a dream.

Amazing. Yeh another guy who I asked about it couldn't tell me how he did it either...

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Space_Ed

Amazing. Yeh another guy who I asked about it couldn't tell me how he did it either...

I think we cant work out how we do it because we dont actually do it. Some say its a gift or we are taken there with the help of those in these dimensions we go to. We must go to these dimensions with a pure heart and expect nothing in return, expect no special visions or powers from our time on the AP. To go with an intent such as this gives a very bad impression. We must also not judge any person or entity we come across when we are there, we know nothing about them, and for us to decide they are strange or look "evil" is wrong on our part. Many bad attacks on the AP I think happen due to us not being of pure heart and thinking bad of others we meet there.

However this said I have been attacked once and I did nothing to bring this on, this black thing just smoothered me and was trying to suck the life out of me, it was not nice. I dont think it wanted to hurt me but by doing what it was it did hurt me. It almost felt like a kiss of death ?? Not sure if this was a lucid dream but it felt very real and I was very frightened. I guess if we are not able to defend our selves some things out there will attack us what ever our intent.

Yes the area of astral projection is indeed very strange.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
"A common belief is that one may access a compendium of mystical knowledge called the Akashic records. In many of these accounts, the experiencer correlates the astral world with the world of dreams. They report seeing dreamers enact dream scenarios on the astral plane, unaware of the more extensive and varied non-physical environment they feel surrounds them."- wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org...-Gale-1

[edit on 11-9-2008 by Space_Ed]

<< 1   >>

join