It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coin left behind on Mars?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Oh Gosh!! I think that might be mine. On the way to the 7/11, I dropped two twenty dollar gold coins and................

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by calcoastseeker
Better way to spend peoples money.

Did you know that Water is Hydrogen 'Rust'?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Thank goodness this isn't a serious thread.

Also, for those who think it's..actually a coin..IT'S CALLED ROCK FORMATION.

zomgies

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
You conspiracy people are so boring. You see a round object and assume it is a coin. Yeah, I mean that. Even if it assumes alien life, it is the least interesting solution.

The great thing about science is that it tells us there are natural ways that produce stuff like that. The great thing about science is you don't need deus ex machina to get some truly wonderful things. Have you ever seen the glorious patterns totally natural crystals make here on earth?

I don't know what those are, but the answer is actually MORE interesting than something a Vulcan dropped.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrevorALan
You conspiracy people are so boring.

Ah you felt the urgent need to sign up as a member to conspiracy board to share that wisdom?

The great thing about science is that it tells us there are natural ways that produce stuff like that.

I am sure we are all awaiting eagerly for you to explain it to us

Have you ever seen the glorious patterns totally natural crystals make here on earth?

Oh yeah... they are all over my house, yard, garage err covered that some threads back...

I don't know what those are...

AH so it could be a 'coin'... seeing as you don't know... so I guess you won't be giving us that explanation who it was made huh?

Bummer

but the answer is actually MORE interesting than something a Vulcan dropped.

Well actually if it was proven that a Vulcan dropped it, I guarantee it would be a LOT more interesting that any natural rock

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Okay Kiddies... time for some Ignorance Denying

I have heard over and over people complaining about sensationalist titles like in this case..

"Coin left behind on Mars?" by SuperSlovak and several others...

Those of you who say you want proper titles...

Well let me show you something....

olegkvasha post THIS on PAGE TWO of this thread

Originally posted by olegkvasha
There is a thread about the coin and other images already on ATS
from a few months back. Don't think there were any real conclusions about it though

Mars Anomaly Research #135
/rich

See that TITLE? No flare No conclusion... right in the title where it came from. In the OP of that thread all the relevant links credits etc are right there...

But yet the post here ON PAGE TWO was TOTALLY IGNORED

How do I know that it was ignored?

Because in POST FOUR on PAGE ONE Internos provided a ton of information and other views as well as THREE color images... links etc

That thread only got 13 posts... didn't even make it off page ONE... because the TITLE did not draw anyone in skeptic OR believer

While THIS thread on exactly the same thing... has 8 pages and 40 flags in a few days

So there you have it...

Tabloid Headlines at ATS get the draw

Responsible Headlines get ignored...

Ignore is the root of Ignorance...

So if you want better headlines... guess you know what to do right?

Hmmmm

Not holding my breath here

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Everyone seems to have skipped the obvious, it is a Martian Rael! Slotted to be traded on the open exchange stating 2012.

Seriously, why can it not be a coin? Are we so sure that we are the only ones to use coins as a form of currency that we discount any possibility that it just might be one. If for no other reason than it is on Mars it looks like many are willing to throughout the baby with the bath water. I am not saying that it is in fact a coin but that is as good a guess as any other.

Should anyone wish, they might do a little research into ancient writings that talk about the Moon and Mars having habitations. Not to mention archeology that is not printed in your school text book. What are they going to do when they find the laptop computer!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
You suggest one in 99 trillion rocks might by chance be eroded to a near perfect disc shape. But now consider the surface area of Mars and try to calculate the odds of the rover passing and photographing that particular piece of the surface.
But then again even if it were a machined object, the surface area of mars, and therefore the odds of it being photographed remain the same. Don't these odds seem to indicate that either whatever it is it is not that rare, or that the photo was staged?
Are disc shaped rocks common? Is the surface of Mars littered with circular machined objects? Is this a case of someone involved with faking the Mars shot trying to reveal the whole affair? or is this part of a psych-ops to determine how people (in this case the ATM readers) will react? Or did the Rover's cameras take a pic in defiance of odds so huge you would need a small book to put all the zeros behind when listing the odds.
I try to imagine a Martian rover coming here in a few thousand years when all traces of civilization have been eroded away except for a single half dollar lying in a field in Kansas. What are the odds of their rover passing over it? Something's not right here. We are being played with. Even if it wasn't a half dollar but that one in a million disc shaped rock in that ancient corn field, the odds of their rover passing over it do not change.
Just my own humble opinion. This is not as it seems.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Look at it from a different perspective. The rover arm drilling tool drills out a circle and it falls down the cliff.......

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
i'm a believer by the way :-)

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
come on, this is actually a slice of pepperoni fallen from a Martian pizza.

Martians are well known for their love of pepperoni pizza's, I am surprised you guys didn't know that.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This is not ATS - This is DBK resting place... so many..

Look !! 2001 image from NASA... THIS IS THE 2001 BEST NAZA PIZZA...

The same PIZZA diferent flavors ...every year...

They have a very big Menu.. be crazy .. have a soop.....

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Lastone

You forgot the 2007 version.

You can see a better resolution (2048×1808)image here and the full resolution (26266x20675) version here, but you need a program capable of opening JPEG2000 files, like Photoshop CS2 or Kakadu, and the file is a 358.7 MB download.

For those that do not have that possibility, here is a 50% view of the top left corner.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by pstrron
Seriously, why can it not be a coin?

Arrrr Matey, be agreein with ya

But I think one of the guys who clean and repair the Rovers dropped it

On the Mars Face...

I like THIS image best....

From a geological point of view, this is a 'best case' for an Island...

Clear shoreline, defined continental shelf and radiating silt around the 'island'

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks...

And that's the reason why I say this is not noise in the images ...

I'm just doing a bad job and seeing things...

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
And now I can't post my work ....

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lastone

I told you before, maybe you thought I was joking, maybe you did not saw my post, maybe you ignored it, but the name is probably the reason why you can not post your images.

Remove the last word from the name of the images and the automatic censors will let them pass.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
Okay who left their change behind on Mars?
Anyway somebody left one of their coins on mars and I thought you all should know!

Incase you STILL CANT SEE IT...
this is the object in question here,

Moderator-Note:

Source added to opening post

[edit on 2-9-2008 by Skyfloating]

Very interesting post...I would like to see someone advanced tackle this post. Because that clearly looks like a coin of some sort.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

I love a good mystery. It does resemble a coin, but as others have stated it bcould have come off the rover,who knows. still it's worth pondering good thread.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join