It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious UFO captured on film Wigan UK

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   

A keen-eyed Wiganer has captured this UFO in the skies above Wigan on his video camera.

Source

There has been a record number of UFO sightings this year 2008. Is disclosure going to be by our Government or by Something or someone else.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by franspeakfree]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Hello Fran

Good find. This object looks to be motionless so cant be a bird. Depending on the wind I doubt its a kite or balloon.

Very strange and even looks to be in two parts.

www.wigantoday.net.../27-08-08-ufo420k_stream.wmv&VideoID=23839&ArticleID=4436493

Thats the link to the vid from the newspaper Wigan Today.

Wonder what the pro,s here on ATS will make of it.

Thanks for the post

Albert

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
That is literally just up the road from where I live. A UFO immediately followed by military helicopters.

I'm over the moon that this happened near to my house, but also gutted that I missed it.

Good find Franspeakfree.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
It's weird how steady it is. Look's cool.

Good find

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
call me cynical - but it looks like a tethered balloon - and BTW - no footage of the helicopters ?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
call me cynical - but it looks like a tethered balloon - and BTW - no footage of the helicopters ?

CYNICAL!

Heres some more coverage of UK UFOS from a leading newspaper its good to get all this coverage about UFOS this is really starting the ball rolling.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
This is the best shot of it in the video that I could see:

Does look pretty strange indeed...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by GodCoffin

Is there any way you can post the actual video on this thread GodCoffin?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
That picture is taken from the video in the OP. Sorry, wish I had more info on it.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Here you go franspeak

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Thats amazing. I live in Wigan, not too far at all from where this happened!

Finally summert a bit interesting is going on round here!
I've been seeing a lot of black helicopters recently and all... connection I wonder?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
My god I can spot the difference between your Wigan accent and my Yorkshire accent. I would say summat, but there is only one place in the world where folk would bother to stick an 'R' in the middle of 'something'.

A respectful tip of the hat to you masterful mastery of your regional accent.

Back on subject I have seen a lot of military helicopters in our skies recently too (over Westhoughton), not just the usual police chopper, or the fleet of micro-lites that invade our skies every weekend.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I'm in Up Holland if anybody knows where that is.
I've spotted a lot of mysterious (but definitely earthly) aircraft recently, seemingly heading towards Winter Hill.
Theres some restricted areas round there (such as where the TV transmitter is)...

My Dad used to work up there sometimes, and he's always telling me 'nothing is as it seems' and to keep my head very low, avoid the 'system'...

maybe theres some sinister goings on round here, sort of place nobody would suspect a thing...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
why do aliens always chose to show themselves to people who seem like they either dont want to film the ship or are just too damned stupid to hold a camera still?

rubbish..towards the end you can see how clear he could have filmed if he wanted...

just cries..FAKE...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Selfisolated,

I tried to go skywatching on Winterhill on the 16th of this month. Unfortunately the weather was terrible and when I got to the tiny car park, just beyond the antenna transmitter fence, I was horrified to find that there was a car already there full of semi naked doggers.

I know it is pretty unbelievable, but I swear it is true. I had to turn my car around, as nonchalantly as possible on that thin little road. Talk about an uncomfortable moment. I drove around looking for another car park with a good clear view of the lower areas, but gave up after trying to get my old vectra, down a bunch of old unlit dirt tracks in the pounding rain.

I believe that BUFOS hold skywatches on Winterhill every now and then. I wonder how they deal with the doggers.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Weird shape to the thing also. I was gonna speculate it could be a kite,but decided that could not be as it was pointed out at how steady it is. The UK is definitely having one heck of a UFO flap this year. Maybe it's the fish and chips they are after

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Thanks blupblup, I appreciate your effort with that!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
That'll be the meat pie and chips in Wigan, mmmmm pie.

There is a guy who lives near me that is a major kite enthusiast. He has a huge collection of giant kites. He gets these things in the air and ties them down so that they stay up for ages. They can get pretty steady, but probably not as steady as the thing in the footage.

Usually he flies these things on the weekend, so if he does soon, I will film them and post it here. This isn't to discredit the footage, but to eliminate this possibility.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Martindoolittle

There is a guy who lives near me that is a major kite enthusiast. He has a huge collection of giant kites. He gets these things in the air and ties them down so that they stay up for ages. They can get pretty steady, but probably not as steady as the thing in the footage.

Usually he flies these things on the weekend, so if he does soon, I will film them and post it here. This isn't to discredit the footage, but to eliminate this possibility.

That would be excellent, that way we can compare this thread with yours . At least then we may be able to eliminate the Kite Theory. Also we should compare this video with Lanterns as this terminology seems to be bouncing around all over the UK when it comes to UFO sightings.

heres another link for you with regards to UK sighting explanations

UFO explanation UK

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Martindoolittle
quote]

that'll be wigan kebab(meat & parata pie on a barm) please!!

Anyway, I'm pretty certain i've seen "things" in wigan! Never clear enough to ID outright though.

There is a event that took place on winter hill! Maybe you have come acroos it? Any chance you can jog my memory, so i can go swat up?

We do, sorry you do, i did, live close to BAE Warton. Which holds the UK's very own skunk works, maybe this is a lead!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join