It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana declares pre-storm emergency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Louisiana declares pre-storm emergency

www.cnn.com

Tropical Storm Gustav's impending arrival in the Gulf of Mexico, potentially as a major hurricane, has prompted Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal to declare an emergency for the state. "We are going to hope for the best, but we're preparing for the worst," Jindal said Wednesday.

The move puts Louisiana in position to receive federal disaster assistance. Jindal also said 3,000 National Guard members will be deployed to vulnerable areas in Louisiana on Thursday to assist with securing shelters and preparing for possible evacuations.

Jindal cited forecasts that Gustav, which killed 22 people in Haiti and the Dominican Republic this week, could become a Category 3 hurricane in the coming days and hit the Gulf Coast by late Monday morning.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I am glad to see that they are not waiting till the last minute... Lets hope this storm does not hit New Orleans.. they dont need another disaster...

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
You know, this is actually pretty important. I hope it doesn't get completely ignored due to the Obama love-fest. Then again, I suppose the media needs something to hold them over between the end of the DNC and the start of the RNC.

Although it is not as severe as Katrina, it could still cause problems.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Like I said about three days ago, I KNEW that this storm was going to be important. CNN is reporting that it's jumping between a category 3 and 4, and going into the Gulf of Mexico, it's only going to get worse.

You seriously have to wonder about the timing of this. Everything goes perfectly for the DNC, and now with the RNC, if they show even 10% of the enthusiasm that they did at the DNC, they'll call them heartless for celebrating during a "national crisis".

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
Although it is not as severe as Katrina, it could still cause problems.

No, it is worse than Katrina. Gustva is going to hit New Orleans from the south - head on - and flooding will be more devastating. Tragically, the city may have to be abandon.

Mandatory evacuation has been issued. City will go on lock down.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I Bet you $10 Blackwater will be there

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
You seriously have to wonder about the timing of this. Everything goes perfectly for the DNC, and now with the RNC, if they show even 10% of the enthusiasm that they did at the DNC, they'll call them heartless for celebrating during a "national crisis".

So, what are you saying? "That there is some sort of cosmic conspiracy to
screw the GOP."

On second thought; perhaps there is.....

Poetic justice for their lack of concern during Katrina.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Really? I thought that since it was less powerful, it would do less damage overall, unless you mean there will just be more damage to New Orleans and the surrounding regions because of the direction the hurricane is going.

top topics

join