It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51: Alien Interview Special Edition DVD

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightmare_david
A lot of people in the FX business have puppet experience because a lot of them start off making puppets and models. It's usually the people who make the puppets themselves that go on to operate them.

Many thanks for clearing that up.

I did a search for FX and didn't find anything. It's not a term we use here in The Netherlands.

Didn't the original video have a few FX people? One of which was a puppeteer? I haven't watched the video in a while, but I do remember one guy who was showing how they'd do those movements by using his hand as an example.

Yes that guy you are talking about is Rick Baker, he was indeed in the documentary. And yes he claimed he was not "fooled at all". Problem is he claimed he could do better but sadly never made good on his claim.

Thanks for the contribution.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I personally believe this video is a fake:

1. "Victor"'s explanations ring hollow to me. No, it's not proof by any means, but something feels off with him. As another poster said, his emotional reaction at seeing the sick alien felt more than forced, and his dialog seemed arbitrary.

2. Conveniently, the room is kept so dark that you can barely make out the alien, let alone the surroundings. Of course this is done for the comfort of the alien, whose preferences only naturally coincide with making it harder to determine any detail.

3. The alien. Maybe I need to watch this again, but I saw little to no facial movements, just a bobble-head. When it apparently got sick, the bobble faced down. When it was being examined by the doctors, the bobble limply rolled about in the hands of the doctors.

4. The alien's eyes. Anyone else notice the dull, plastic reflection from the lights of the doctors?

5. The poor response time of the doctors. Luckily, "Victor" had an explanation for this, just as he did for the poor lighting and lack of detail. The doctors at Area 51 are apparently sub-par. This makes sense for an understaffed and overworked hospital in a metropolis, but not for a super secret installation dealing with extraordinary situations that could easily be considered the greatest scientific discovery of all time.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
You make some good points thrashee. Allow me to give my opinion on them.

Originally posted by thrashee
1. "Victor"'s explanations ring hollow to me. No, it's not proof by any means, but something feels off with him. As another poster said, his emotional reaction at seeing the sick alien felt more than forced, and his dialog seemed arbitrary.

In my opinion the problem with Victor is that we only have his voice, and a distorted one for that matter. His explanations can certainly trigger skepticism, but then again we are dealing with a subject we have little reference for like telepathy or biological entities that have eliminated microbial life from their ecosystems. What I do know is for me personally the Coast to Coast interview with Victor removed some of my skepticism. He goes into more detail regarding his explanations and many other matters. The interview is much longer (over an hour) so this gives the opportunity to get a better feel for Victor and his answers. Oh and pardon my ignorance of the English language but does arbitrary mean rehearsed or something like that?

2. Conveniently, the room is kept so dark that you can barely make out the alien, let alone the surroundings. Of course this is done for the comfort of the alien, whose preferences only naturally coincide with making it harder to determine any detail.

Good point. While this naturally points to someone trying to hide details it could very well indeed have to do with the large eyes on the alleged alien. Victor goes into more details in the C2C interview but frankly his explanation doesn't convince me. Notice the room is dark but some sort of light is pointed directly at the "alien"?

3. The alien. Maybe I need to watch this again, but I saw little to no facial movements, just a bobble-head. When it apparently got sick, the bobble faced down. When it was being examined by the doctors, the bobble limply rolled about in the hands of the doctors.

This is why I am highly interested in the digitally remastered version. By the way Victor claims the footage was digital to begin with and converted to VHS later. The Youtube version is small and unsharp. You cannot clearly make out facial expressions and muscle contraction. I even can't make out the two people in the foreground. If it's a puppet then hopefully it will show more with the remastered footage.

4. The alien's eyes. Anyone else notice the dull, plastic reflection from the lights of the doctors?

Never checked that but that is interesting. I will have a look.

5. The poor response time of the doctors. Luckily, "Victor" had an explanation for this, just as he did for the poor lighting and lack of detail. The doctors at Area 51 are apparently sub-par. This makes sense for an understaffed and overworked hospital in a metropolis, but not for a super secret installation dealing with extraordinary situations that could easily be considered the greatest scientific discovery of all time.

Well this being a top secret black project you are not going to select medical staff by conventional means I suppose. I can imagine not everybody being capable of handeling such things emotionally and keeping it absolutely classified at the same time plus being top of the bill profession wise. And if this is a real alien from another solarsystem or something that came here I'm not so certain our finest doctors could do anything for it. On the other hand if you went through all the trouble creating a big hoax why have the medical actors come in late and then make a dodgy comment about it possibly compromising your expensive hoax?

But I think the only way we will ever find out is if "Victor" comes forward and admits his hoax or that he reveals his identity and proves he has worked at S4 with EBE's.

[edit on 27/8/08 by Fastwalker81]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fastwalker81
What I do know is for me personally the Coast to Coast interview with Victor removed some of my skepticism. He goes into more detail regarding his explanations and many other matters. The interview is much longer (over an hour) so this gives the opportunity to get a better feel for Victor and his answers. Oh and pardon my ignorance of the English language but does arbitrary mean rehearsed or something like that?

Your English is quite good
Could you please provide a link to the Coast to Coast interview? I'd enjoy listening to it.

I can imagine not everybody being capable of handeling such things emotionally and keeping it absolutely classified at the same time plus being top of the bill profession wise. And if this is a real alien from another solarsystem or something that came here I'm not so certain our finest doctors could do anything for it.

My argument wasn't so much from an emotional perspective, or even a practical one (in terms of what aid a human doctor might be able to provide an alien), but was merely based upon the response time involved. Regardless of emotions or technical expertise, one might expect that in the event that an extraterrestrial lifeform were to exhibit signs of physical duress, doctors would be on that like the proverbial bugspray on boll weevils.

On the other hand if you went through all the trouble creating a big hoax why have the medical actors come in late and then make a dodgy comment about it possibly compromising your expensive hoax?

Hmm. Interesting angle. I hadn't thought of it like that, and it's a quite valid point. The only suggestion I have towards that is laziness, ineptitude, or production costs, should this be a hoax.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thrashee
Could you please provide a link to the Coast to Coast interview? I'd enjoy listening to it.

Sure you can find it here:

C2C Interview

It starts at around 38 minutes into the file.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It's a good thing we have people like the people defending this uber-crap, otherwise none of the scammers could make money at all anymore.

Thanks for killing our cause instead of helping it though.

Keep the dream alive, or keep the medicine in your blood, whichever makes you feel for a second this video is anything but a play.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by rocksarerocks]

[edit on 27-8-2008 by rocksarerocks]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I'm still on the fence in regards to the Victor video.

On the one hand i want it to be real so that we know they are here. On the other hand i want it to be fake because the EBE looks in great distress.

I would definitely listen to the C2C interview as he goes into much more depth and holds his argument well.

Oh course there is the question that is Victor really Bob Dean who also appears on the Alien Interview doco

watch this

www.disclose.tv...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Interesting comment. Care to link me to these claims/testemonies? I'm always interested what experts have to say, especially if there are "many" like you say. And if you are talking about Rick Baker don't bother, I already heard his opinion and he didn't convince me at all.

Check the Youtube. There's one of the documentaries there about the Alien interview and there were some FX artist giving interviews and answering questions if they thought if the alien was real or fake.

I think there's Bob Dean in that documentary as well. Of course, he believed the whole thing. If you can't find it, let me know, i'll try find it for you.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kenan
Check the Youtube. There's one of the documentaries there about the Alien interview and there were some FX artist giving interviews and answering questions if they thought if the alien was real or fake.

Yes I know the artists you are referring to. They make some interesting points. The first artist leaves it in the middle so to speak and the other one thinks the alien is a puppet. Atleast they have puppet experience so there opinion holds value.

I think there's Bob Dean in that documentary as well. Of course, he believed the whole thing. If you can't find it, let me know, I'll try find it for you.

Yeah lol I wouldn't call Dean an expert or anything. He has never seen an alien so how would he know this one is real?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jon_1983
Oh course there is the question that is Victor really Bob Dean who also appears on the Alien Interview doco

Well somebody decoded Victors voice and compared it to the voice of Bob Dean, and they didn't match.

You can find the comparison here:

video.google.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Fastwalker81

you really do have too much time on your hands.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Fastwalker81

and an overactive imagination

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalek
you really do have too much time on your hands.

Maybe you can enlighten me what your useless comment has to do with this thread?

and an overactive imagination

I find it hilarious that you are unable to come up with one good argument and thus have to resort to an attempt to offend me.

If you have nothing to contribute to this thread except for these rather sad oneliners I suggest you go troll somewhere else.

Thank you and goodbye.

[edit on 28/8/08 by Fastwalker81]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I think anytime spent on trying to prove the truth or hoax in something as sophisticatedly made as the interview is time well spent.
If the video is proven to be a hoax it puts more pressure on those that make them to up their sophistication if they expect people to believe in their fabrications.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jon_1983

Well somebody decoded Victors voice and compared it to the voice of Bob Dean, and they didn't match.

You can find the comparison here:

video.google.com...

He sounds like Stephen Greer.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
A longer click from the new interview

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I decoded this alleged Victor resurfaced. Hear the real voice of this alleged Victor
wearing a ridicule mask just to disguise his face wich I find pathetic.

video.google.com...

Now compare his voice to the one from the documentary decoded here.

video.google.com...

Are they the same person (Victor)?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I have been a beliver for a long time..
Somtimes I stumble up on a video that looks really authentic and interesting but in the end (after a lot of reading and viewing) it comes to something like this

www.area51thealieninterview.com...

Money!

When I hear a story like this and the persons responsible are making money out of it ....it's clearly a hoax and what it was all about in the first place.

Unfortunately I am becoming less and less believer after watching hundreds of videos online

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by thrashee

Well, your points are fair but you don't know if it's true aliens don't like too much light. Same with facial expressions, same with the eyes. If I remember well, from many abduction cases you can read they don't show any facial expression.

I'm not telling this is real, but who knows how an alien is

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join