It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'll Host Pics For tinWiki In My ATS Upload Space If You Need The Service

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
It's not like I'm short on points, and WOS has been very generous with the points he's given me for work done on tinWiki.

I figured I could give those points back to the project by offering to host a certain amount of pictures in my acct. and give you the url so you can put it up on a tinWiki article.

If you're short on points for ATS hosting this is the deal for you.

The basic rules are......

* This offer is only for ATS members.
* All hosted picture must be for tinWiki only.
* You must provide a URL to the article you posted the picture in.
* The responsibility of copyright, like fair use and public domain lies with you.

The only return I want is for someone to post a few pictures I provide from my upload space and post them in the articles I want.
I really don't grasp the picture posting thing and how to space them.

SO COME ON DOWN TO A LIMITED TIME SALE !!!
I'LL HOST THEM AND YOU POST THEM..............

EDIT:

(keeping pictures small will allow more members to use this)

[edit on 23/8/2008 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I'll start things off to let you see what is needed.

Post an image in the thread with some information, I'll host it.
This is an image I've hosted....

Just state where it will be posted.
example
I will post it on this tinWiki page:
tinwiki.org...

I'll return to you:

ATS Upload URL.....
files.abovetopsecret.com...

By the way, I do want the picture above posted in this article:
tinwiki.org...

This image is in the public domain and provided by NASA.
voyager.jpl.nasa.gov...

[edit on 23/8/2008 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I've also hosted this image:

files.abovetopsecret.com...
This image is in the public domain from NASA.

I would like it posted in this tinWiki article:
tinwiki.org...

A picture is worth a thousand words they say.
Post your images folks and we can fill some gaps, maybe even pretty up the place.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
That is really great of you to make the offer. Of course ideally would be if we could add upload space directly onto tinWiki. I know we asked SkepticOverlord for this when the tinWiki first started. I am not certain what the reason was at the time, but it was said to be unfeasible. But again, thanks for making this offer. I have been trying to keep all the images on the ats servers, I am still working on it. Also, I put those images you posted on the pages you asked. I am going to make a tutorial today for posting images on tinWiki, so maybe that will help ease your confusion.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
That is really great of you to make the offer. Of course ideally would be if we could add upload space directly onto tinWiki. I know we asked SkepticOverlord for this when the tinWiki first started. I am not certain what the reason was at the time, but it was said to be unfeasible.

This would be so nice! I was looking at the mediawiki site yesterday, trying to find an answer to my personal pet peeve, which is the inability to size images in the page. It looked to me like there actually is a way to do it, but it relies on the images being hosted inhouse (i.e. without an http:// in their path).

to anxietydisorder: looks like WOS beat me to the punch with your images
I am still willing to help in the future with that or whatever else. Since we're both brand new to this, it might be nice to help each other out.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Good idea anxietydisorder i must of spent over 50k points now on it. I wish you had came along sooner
Well i cant see this being a bad thing. Good thinking man/woman

Fox

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Hi anxiety. I've got some room on my upload space as well if anyone needs some pics uploaded, and let me know if you need any help embedding your pics.

And btw, I love the links and images that you added to the International Space Station article.

Rush

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac

I am going to make a tutorial today for posting images on tinWiki, so maybe that will help ease your confusion.

Thanks for the help, I've been playing with it for a few days now, adding pics to articles that interest me.

Here's a direct link to the great tutorial WOS made for posting images.

tinwiki.org...

It's also nice to see other members offering upload space to host images. Most of us seem to have enough points that we can keep all tinWiki images on the ATS servers and not need to use unreliable hosting sites.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Hey anxiety. Thanks for posting that link. It answered my question about how to center images.

Rush

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
You're more than welcome for the link, it's sure helped me a lot.

Originally posted by hsur2112

And btw, I love the links and images that you added to the International Space Station article.

Rush

Glad you liked the additions to the ISS article.
I've been working on improving the Zodiac Killer article overnight because it was on the front page and needed pictures. It's given me some practice and I'll be back to ISS soon to hopefully add pics of each module.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Hiyah anxiety. Just to let you know that I've got the logo images for each of the space agencies I've listed in the ISS article. While you're working on the Elements section I'll work on embedding the logo images. They are small so they won't use up too much space. I have one article that I'm hoping to finish in the next few days and then I'll start on the logos.

BTW, thanks for nominating the ISS article.

Rush

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112
Hiyah anxiety. Just to let you know that I've got the logo images for each of the space agencies I've listed in the ISS article. While you're working on the Elements section I'll work on embedding the logo images.

Rush

Hey Rush,

Please do post those logo images when you get the chance. I think it'll be a nice addition to the article.

To all others, my offer still stands to host images for anyone that needs tinWiki upload space on the ATS servers. Just post a link to the image or put it in this thread and I'll give you an ATS link to where I have it hosted.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

Hi anxiety. Sorry, I've been a little swamped this week. That article is looking great, you have really put a lot of time into it.

Ok, so I took a look at what I had today and realized that it isn't the space agency(s) logos that I have, it's the expedition logos that I have. So I'm going to take a look at it this weekend and see how to best incorporate them into the article. I will also work on the space agency logos.

Rush

top topics

join