It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dose anyone have advice creating a cv

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I am just wondering if anyone has any advice concerning a cv. I would like it one page long however looking professional enough to obtain a job. thank you

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by deathpoet69

Hi, there are lots of websites you can go to and learn how to create a good CV. Many of the sites also have CV drafts you can download.

Hope this helps!

verden.abcsok.no...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
thank you, any advice on interviews?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
There's loads of sites covering CV tips and interview techniques, too many to list and you'll probably benefit from reading more than just one and taking some ideas away from each. Just try a google search for things like "CV Tips", "Example CV's" and "Interview Tips" and you should get loads of relevant hits.

Here for example are a few interview tips.

I just accepted a job myself, was my first interview so I was a bit nervous understandably. The advice I would give would be to show up early, at least 15mins, I was there about 30mins early and was only waiting about 15mins in the reception before being introduced to the interviewer (my boss and his colleague) and we got started early. Better than being late and it gives you time to settle down and calm yourself.

Anticipate likely questions, there are some fairly common questions all interviewers might ask but also they'll probably have some questions about specifically about you and your experience based on what they've read from your CV and/or cover letter. Have an answer to these questions prepared in your mind. For example, I actually did a 2 year foundation course at university followed by a 1 year top-up BSc Honours degree, no placement, something which I later had to explain and justify in the interview. Because I'd prepared and anticipated that question I was able to give a good answer.

Speaking of cover letters (or letters of application) always be sure to do one given the opportunity, don't skip it out of laziness. Back of the subject of interviews, be sure to do your homework on the company before going for an interview. Visit their website and read what they do, who they work with, their partners, any news stories they've been featured in, what they're working on now, etc. Remember that an interview isn't just to assess if you are the what they are looking for, but also if this job is what you're looking for. They don't want to hire someone who is mistaken about what his or her job involves. Being able to tell the interviewer lots about their company also makes a good first impression and shows you are keen and interested enough to take the time to find out more about them.

top topics

join