It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stopping Time

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soulstone
reply to post by Cyberbian

. But when I blink rapidly I see how many blades are actually on the fan. I can see what I can't normally. I'm trying to understand this better. Maybe dumb it down a bit?

If you read my other post it explains it

your eyes veiw things at a steady frame rate (as in the amount of pictures you see reapidly) i think people see at like 30 frames a second or something. if you look at a fan and blink really quickly
you are opening your eyes for a split second rapidly. each time you open your eyes you see one frame. you might be blinking at estimate 6 times a second. meaning you will get less frames because the rest you have your eyes closed. each time your eyes are open depending on where the fan is up to in its rotation then your eyes close the fan moves and you open your eyes again and the fan will be in the same position. when you get the timing right you will see it stay still. i can draw a diagram if its too confusing

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by danredd

Ahh, ok . But I can still tell how many blades are on something I usually can't.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Have any of yall ever been in an accident. At the moment I realized I was about to get hit time did slow down. Now I'm betting that it only slowed down for me and logically I would guess that time actually didn't slow but my brain speed up. But if you were able to train yourself to do this then it would be the same as being able to slow down time when you wanted.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

reply to post by danredd

Ahh, ok . But I can still tell how many blades are on something I usually can't.

Ok... I sense that your still in doubt though it has been explained too you.
Let's try yet another angle....

Have you ever used a timing light too tune a car?

The timing light flashes/pulses at a certain rate,
when the timing light is applied to a mark or indication on the cranshaft pulley (Note: this pulley will be spinning at a certain, constant RPM) you will see that the mark or indication will appear too be stationary. This is because both the light falsh and the rotation of the pulley are equal.

Are you with me?

(Hey! I just described how too advance AND decelerate time... well, on a car anyhow.
)

Cheers, Fox.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by fox_3000au

I was never in doubt. I just didn't understand. I do now. Thanks for the condescending tone as well.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I know this really cool magic trick that enables you to die. All you have to do is find a cliff with a huge drop. Results are better if you drop on sharp rocks.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Angry Potato

What does that have to do with anything? It wasn't even humorous. Obviously one of the kids who was picked on in high school decided to chime in.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Or, maybe that was you, and by giving other people that role it lets run away from that very insecurity.

The comment wasn't directed at anyone in the first place. However, it seemed to offend you quite a bit. Maybe you should try jumping off a cliff after all.

This is sure going to be worth losing a further 500 points for speaking my mind.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Angry Potato

Do me a favor and stay out of forums that people are having intelligent conversation for random remarks.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by Soulstone]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulstone

"Ahh, ok . But I can still tell how many blades are on something I usually can't."

Dude, don't crap onto me about "condescending tones". My response was in liue of the above statement made by yourself. If you don't want a response or an answer, then don't pretend you don't know what the answer is.

In keeping with the car theme....

"Ahh, ok . But I know how engines work, thanks for explaing it to me though..... but why do they still need fuel?"

There are some concepts you need too grasp, and you will... as you get older.

Fox.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I know I'm 21.

Your just a rude person who hasn't been able to get anywhere in life. I understand.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulstone

"Hasn't been able too get anywhere in life"??

WOW!... personal attacks, without any proof.

...in your own thread (of all things).

Shows how smart and humble you are.

I would hurry up and edit your post if I were you, before someone else sees how un-objective you are. (Just for the sake of your future threads, if anything else.)

Fox.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   

I know I'm 21.

Your just a rude person who hasn't been able to get anywhere in life. I understand.

Just for future reference...

This is not a one line post.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Stop trying to instigate. I'm not coming back to this thread as you've ruined any type of feel free communication with your elite attitude. Until then.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Oh gee! I'm late for school.

Time to get bullied and hassled by my classmates! If I'm lucky, I might even start a Seung-Hui Cho inspired school massacre. After all, I do enjoy the odd Collective Soul song!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Stop trying to instigate. I'm not coming back to this thread as you've ruined any type of feel free communication with your elite attitude. Until then.

"elite attitude"?

I am by no means trying too be elitist, I am looking for answers as too why you would say that I have done nothing with my life.

It's a pitty that you have derailed your own thread by "Chimming" in with your unevaluated retorts and any future thread that you start will be looked at with a raised brow because of the lack of decorum you have displayed here.

You know the phrase... "If you can't stand the heat... blah blah blah."

I don't expect that my question too you will sequesture a response, but for the sake of civility, nothing that I have said too, or in regards too you has been laced with hostility.

Cheers, Fox.

(Looking forward too your future threads.)

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This is a stupid argument. Both of you grow up.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by SkepticalSteve]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
There are ways of slowing down time. I am not sure if you can stop it though. I remember reading a psychology report where people were put under hypnotism, altered state, or meditation and did various exercises such as doing complex math problems or reading pages of a book in a second. They concluded it worked by the mind accelerating it's information input at an alarming level. You should look it up. I can do it as well. But I'm not that good.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RagenCajun

I think we could really use your input on another thread ("Time is of your own making"), too.
And don't spare any details.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
maybe it's true when they say "time flys when you're having fun".
I believe in time dilation. Time is of our making anyway. We decide what value to give it and how to define it. Time is just an illusion and life is but a dream now go row your boat untill it sinks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join