It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time travellers from the future 'could be here in weeks'.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Sigh....come on folks, earthly time is linear. We can't go back and forth. Anybody have ANY physics background at all?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I always wondered about the spark plugs being found in cretaceous rock, et all, being evidence of time travellers. It's not likely, but it's more likely than the Creationists screaming "see! The Earth is only 6000 years old!".

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Reminds me of the tempol wars on enterprise... From what I understand paradoxes are not possible... if you go back in time and kill your grandfather...you will create an alternate time line that is all.. when you go back it would be as if it never happened... so basically you could have a time line that is screwed up but it would never affect us...

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Camar

Its linear to the observer... just like we observe 3d space.. remember space and time are intertwined... if you can distort space then time also gets distorted... time is no more linear then space... space can be warped with gravity... and so does time. As a great example when the space shuttle leaves earth its clock is exactly synced to earth time... because the gravitational distortion is a little bit weaker time does not flow the same way... when the space shuttle lands the clock is off by .00000001 seconds... mind you its not much of a difference but the fact that there is a difference is proof that gravity does distort time .. So yes time is linear to us... but it can be distorted and traveled upon just like space. the problem with this is the amount of power needed to do it... perhaps this experiment will answer this.

[edit on 24-8-2008 by thefreepatriot]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by thefreepatriot. when the space shuttle lands the clock is off by .00000001 seconds...

Don't forget that the shuttle operates in lo earth orbit so is not that far away from the gravitational field of the earth... that we can measure it at all is significant

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin
I always wondered about the spark plugs being found in cretaceous rock, et all, being evidence of time travellers. It's not likely, but it's more likely than the Creationists screaming "see! The Earth is only 6000 years old!".

Even so we had sparkplugs 6000 years ago?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
It would be "plausible" if time travellers have already been to the past. We wouldn't have no way of knowing. But of course these are just theories. If time is the 4th dimension, I don't believe you would be able to travel backward through time; if anything you would see ghostly images of the past because of the fine characteristics of light. It would be nothing but an illusion.

Future travel maybe very possible, but who the hell is crazy enough to travel forward through time into an unknown frontier and never come back. Though humans have vast brains I don't think our species will ever be able to comprehend everything in the universe. Maybe someday we'll evovle to be able to "sense" other dimensions, if they do in fact exist.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Camar

There is nothing in the Laws of Physics that says time travel is impossible.

Do you know anything about physics?

Or do you just act like you do - with your snide remarks and condescending attitude...

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Well...ok...i thought i figured this out...but i actually think it will be around a thousand years before time travel is possible for humans...i think in the next 5 years we will be able to tell if we can warp space and time...that ronald mallet dude....But it will be tiny and pretty hot...not soo good for humans...maybe atoms loaded with info...send em through and see if it comes back with other info...from the recipients on the other side....the power source is going to be silly hard to find though...I cant see us having such a power source for thousand years or so like i said...

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
If we're not all dead by then...but yeah, if they can send packets of data in light, through time, that # would be amazing. It would bring the internet to a whole new level. lol.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by alundaio
If we're not all dead by then...but yeah, if they can send packets of data in light, through time, that # would be amazing. It would bring the internet to a whole new level. lol.

Hmm never thought about that...a chatroom for people from the present and future....that would be cool....

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Camar

Hi Camar,

Thank you for your input to the thread, I read your signature and thought….hmmmn!

Physics (as we know it… and perhaps understand it… ) is a human thing, we thought about it, we studied it, we postulated about it, we theorized about, we concluded that…. ‘hmmmn, that’s the way the universe works!’

Is it really? Can we 100% sure about that?

So I figure, that’s what these scientists are doing at CERN, They are pushing the boundaries of physics – as we know it – to further the knowledge.

The way we advance our knowledge is by experimentation, be it in the kitchen or lab.

Physics is not ‘set in stone’ as far as the universe is concerned. We know what we have been taught, or concluded from theory and experimentation. And it is just that (for the time being!)

H

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havalon
reply to post by Camar

Hi Camar,

Thank you for your input to the thread, I read your signature and thought….hmmmn!

Physics (as we know it… and perhaps understand it… ) is a human thing, we thought about it, we studied it, we postulated about it, we theorized about, we concluded that…. ‘hmmmn, that’s the way the universe works!’

Is it really? Can we 100% sure about that?

So I figure, that’s what these scientists are doing at CERN, They are pushing the boundaries of physics – as we know it – to further the knowledge.

The way we advance our knowledge is by experimentation, be it in the kitchen or lab.

Physics is not ‘set in stone’ as far as the universe is concerned. We know what we have been taught, or concluded from theory and experimentation. And it is just that (for the time being!)

H

They just want to find the higgs boson...which they wont....i dont think,although im no physicist..i dont think there is a *god* particle...

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Lethil

"There's certainly evidence for something, whether it's the Higgs boson is questionable," Dr Renton, a particle physicist at Oxford, told BBC News Online.
"It's compatible with the Higgs boson certainly, but only a direct observation would show that."
If correct, Dr Renton's assessment would place the elusive particle's mass at about 115 gigaelectronvolts.

Source:

So, to reiterate, we are still learning physics.

H

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
reply to post by MarkAkaSilent

How can you say for sure that they aren't?

Maybe time travellers have been here for thousands of years.

Perhaps what we are experiencing now is the 10,000,000'th different version of life and history here on planet Earth. Maybe the history of man has been manipulated over and over again. How would we know the difference?

Think about it

PLUS .... how do we know the original time-shakers weren't a different species entirely and that humanity isn't just one of the variations induced? That butterfly really was important, wasn't it?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The is a temporal war going on as we debate, someone or country has their own temporal displacement device and are changing events on a day by day basis. We of course have no knowledge of this because we see events as they happen unbeknown to us that these huge events are being manipulated at its minuet level of sequence. Take the statement by Russia that they will respond in the harshest possible way if we place weapons in Poland. What deescalated these action so swiftly. We could of had a second DAY OF PIGS givens the state our military in what the US military is not functioning at least 90 percent due to being spread thin. Leaving the US only one option "RETALIATION". World annihilation is being halted briefly and in minute increments by temporal manipulation. Changing 911 and other domestic terrorist events would cause a paradox that would implode time in itself. Some events happen no matter how many different scenarios are place into the act of time. We are not alone in the universe nor on this spectacular planet. Time travel is REAL just not by us in the NOW.

200 years from now temporal travel is highly regulated and monitored and stealth technology is just one of the program within they system leaving only the military and ultra high level enforcement authorizations . University use it to as we now use the internet to view past events as you would a dvd documentary except they can walk among us, see us even touch touch. How many times have you sense someone there or felt a touch, seen sometime for a micro second?

TIME TRAVEL IS REAL!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
In WEEKS?

They are probably already HERE
since the original article is from Feb. 6th this year.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkAkaSilent

Suggest you read Ancient Traces by Michael Baigent. There are illustrations of a fossilized shoe sole found in a rock over 213 million years old and the stitching can be made out, a fossil print made by a shoe in Utah over 500 million years old, fossil human-like footprints crossed by prints of a three-toed dinosaur and this rock is dated to over 100 million years old, a section of a shaped and polished wooden plank around half a million years old excavated in the Jordan valley, a stone mortar and pestle found under Table Mountain at least 33 million years old, , and there are old newspaper reports outlined in the book about jewellery found in lumps of coal etc. There is also the helicopter and perhaps a submarine and train on the wall of an ancient temple at Abydos - Sceptics say that these are formed by putting new glyphs over old. This is rubbish I have learned to read the glyphs and can see no sign of any alteration. Besides the Egyptians preferred to use new stone, and only erased old glyphs when on something like a coffin. There are also artefacts found in South America which look like a vertical take off aircraft of today.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Yeah!

Probing the secrets of the Universe...

On earth?

Yeah!

Idiots!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Suggest you read Ancient Traces by Michael Baigent. There are illustrations of a fossilized shoe sole found in a rock over 213 million years old and the stitching can be made out, a fossil print made by a shoe in Utah over 500 million years old, fossil human-like footprints crossed by prints of a three-toed dinosaur and this rock is dated to over 100 million years old, a section of a shaped and polished wooden plank around half a million years old excavated in the Jordan valley, a stone mortar and pestle found under Table Mountain at least 33 million years old, , and there are old newspaper reports outlined in the book about jewellery found in lumps of coal etc. There is also the helicopter and perhaps a submarine and train on the wall of an ancient temple at Abydos - Sceptics say that these are formed by putting new glyphs over old. This is rubbish I have learned to read the glyphs and can see no sign of any alteration. Besides the Egyptians preferred to use new stone, and only erased old glyphs when on something like a coffin. There are also artefacts found in South America which look like a vertical take off aircraft of today.

So....yeah I actually first read about these unnatural occurances in history inadvertantly....through a book called RANT by chuck palahniuk as a sort of randomly occuring list of facts.I have since researched some of these and I continuously find myself asking HOW such a thing could possibly occur in any other way then the generally obvious inferment that humans in some form or another existed far before history says we did.....its not just one of the incidents but even just the necklace in coal in some mine,the footprint,and yes the helicopter heiroglyphics....not to mention the particularly peculiar "spark plug" found in a rock so old its very existence puts all we know about history in question...what if I may ask would you all say about how to explain such occurances? The best i can muster would be something to the effect of being from either ages long lost to our records of civilization or some unexplicable involvement of aliens or advanced humanoids (which may or may not be one in the same you could say)....I appreciate any responces in advance.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join