It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rice: Military Power is "Not the Way To Deal in the 21st Century"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Rice: Military Power is "Not the Way To Deal in the 21st Century"

www.salon.com

Rice today, on an airplane to U.S. reporters while traveling to a NATO meeting, would be too brazen to utter:

Russia is a state that is unfortunately using the one tool that it has always used whenever it wishes to deliver a message and that's its military power. That's not the way to deal in the 21st century.

Whatever one's views are on the justifiability of each isolated instance, it's simply a fact that the U.S. invades, bombs, occupies, and interferes in the internal affairs of other countries far more than any other country on the planet.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8/19/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Rice claims, "countries don't use military power to deliver a message" now.

Talk about a hypocrite!

Why does she utter this nonsense when she was right in the middle everything that has been happening the past 8 years.

Rice is going around the world for Bush threatening military action in whatever country Bush decides needs to be threatened in order to get them to bend to his will!

She was right there in the middle of it all, Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, Iran, and yet she has the nerve to say;

Russia is a state that is unfortunately using the one tool that it has always used whenever it wishes to deliver a message and that's its military power. That's not the way to deal in the 21st century.

How does she think that the US (Bush) gets his message across to other nations?

She should know, she's the "messenger"!

www.salon.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Now KEyhole, we all know that Bush and co. are not using millitary might to prove a ponit get a message across or anyhting like that. They are fighting for our freedom and to protect the world from evil. We all know that.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Uh-huh...People have short attention spans. I think Rice, McCain, Bush, all seem to be banking on this. But I don't think it's going to work this time. You can't have troops stranded in Iraq for 5 years and claim that attacking other countries is not the way people do things these days.

They're not just dangerous, they are stupid. And they're letting it show.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Double post edit:

(I must be punsihed)

[edit on 19-8-2008 by mr-lizard]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Is this woman for real or has the US army just been 'pretending' to invade, sorry... liberate Afghanistan and Iraq with brute military force?

Maybe it's just me, but i was under the impression that America was a military bully and now she has the damn right cheek to accuse Russia.

I hope she chokes on her own hypocrisy, that woman is responsible for the loss of many, many lives and has an awful lot of blood on her hands and the foul stain of hypocrisy smeared all over her face.

Talk about Orwellian double speak...

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I think the odds in Vegas are even money that Rice will end up burning in hell. Call the Mirage to confirm.

Honestly, it should be way past the point of being reactionary about what these warped individuals say anymore. Take care of you and yours, the time is near.

Peace

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Do as I say, not do as I do! Come on everyone! Sing along! Do as I say, not do as I do! Good times we live in.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Hypocritical but I think that was a message to Russia. US deals in economic warfare to countries we cant beat militarily. Its about time that someone came out in the government and admitted we are taking over the world using economics. Soon the international bankers will own the world.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Pot calling the kettle black.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
US deals in economic warfare to countries we cant beat militarily.

Sure, we all know how well economic warfare worked on regimes like Hussein and Taliban! No need for military intervention... As to Russia, we must stop just using oil once and for all (easy, ain't it), and hey presto -- their diminishing cash flows will fiorce them to negotiation table! Brilliant!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I am seething. We must invade before the mushroom cloud. Buying shoes in NY while New Orleans sputtered. I have a very personal and deep dislike for that woman. She's always had her husband, aka w, to back her.
Now the twist. Ok for us, not for Russia. Double standard. Some things just make me sick.
And you know what....they are all gonna' walk in 01/08 like there poop does not stink.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Yes hypocritical.

Since the majority of the population in the US is now against the war in Iraq or at least thinks it was a mistake, then this just helps in intimating their confession of their "mistake" to go to war to appease the public.

This is making it look as if those were always their true feelings; As if they were forced to go to war. Blaming it on the public? I don't know.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Sorry to say this but if this woman is an example of where our political leaders have their heads stuck in and she is supposed to be gifted then I have lost hope for this nation.

Somebody please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! take our nations leaders from the twilight zone.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
What I find incredible about this is not the fact that the morons in the White House say such things, its is that other world leaders - even the Russians - don't come out and call them on it.

Either they are all a bunch of spineless lemmings, or they are saying such things and the media is not reporting on it. I think its probably a combination of the two.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Lol Marg...gifted in the degree of teflon coating she has on her. Accountability? What's that anymore?
Somebody just please 'take' them period.

[edit on 8/19/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Lol Marg...gifted in the degree of Teflon coating she has on her.

Actually I wanted to make a comment on that one before your post but I didn't wanted to derail the thread, but now I will.

She may be coated with Teflon outside but we all know what inside she thinks herself to be.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Rofl. The queen of the Nile Mississipi. Fanned by palm leaves, adorned with gold, and catered to her every need. I think that sums it up.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
As Terence Mckenna once put it: We are being lead by the least of us.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Just 'maybe' Rice got the message from the Foundation of Light also

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join