It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uncensored NASA Moon Images!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+152 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Here are the uncensored Moon Images taken by the Lunar Orbiter! According to Space Imaging expert Keith Laney, in a response to the images I posted on his web site, he says:

"Those particular LO images are from Prof. Robinson's collection, he's had them online for years and years. They are uncensored. I have found scores of anomalies on them, pretty devastating too.

But try and sell it to anyone other than us!"

Well, it has taken hours of poring over them to identify some very interesting anomalies. Considering the interest it may generate, I wonder if it would be yanked off the net soon. But before that happens, I hope some of you anomaly hunters post the best anomalies found in these images here on ATS.

All these images, as mentioned by Keith, are from Prof Robinson’s collection and posted on the Arizona State University’s Space Exploration Resources website.

How were these images obtained?

According to Arizona State University, the Lunar Orbiter images were all digitally scanned at 400 dpi at the Lunar and Planetary Institute in Houston. Whole images were too large to be scanned at once and were broken up into four sections.

From the data and resources about each lunar orbiter image found in Anderson and Miller (1971), they obtained information about the side length, altitude and emission angle of the images they scanned. To calculate the resolution of each image they followed several steps. They first calculated the resolution of images with an emission angle of less than 10° by dividing the side length of each image by the number of pixels, and then calculated the distance to the surface by dividing the altitude by the cosine of the emission angle. The resolution of low-emission angle images was plotted against their distance to the surface. From this was obtained the best-fit equation:
Corrected Resolution = -0.0023272 + 0.014376 * Distance to Surface
and applied it to the remaining images to get the corrected resolution.

And now for some of the interesting anomalies in the uncensored images:

Spires on the Moon?

Parallel Tacks!

More spires

An inverted ‘D’

Check out the structures at the bottom left and toward the
center and the right

Pyramid? The top is near the center of the image

A tower and other geometric structures

Note the strange parallel structures and objects within the 'D'.

Spikedmilk had mentioned that the tracks seen in the two images above, were probably made by the Russian Lunakhod. But the Rover was about 160 cm (4 ft 11 in) in width. These 'tracks' seem to be much wider considering the distance the pic was taken from.

There are more but these will have to do for now! Keep posting more anomalies from this site folks. Time may be limited!!

Cheers!

[edit on 19-8-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Star and Flag to this.

I hope people have plenty of time to back up pictures that have the potential to disappear. And, of course, study each image and figure out what is up there!

I have no idea what I am looking at. (designs?)

Will watch what everyone else says.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Thank you for the very interesting pictures of rover tracks, curiously shaped geography, mountain ridges, oh...and of course, the letter "D".

Has Sesame Street been to the moon? Maybe you're on to something there.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Great post Mike!
Regarding the spires, maybe Hoagland was onto something. Theres definitely more than just the normal rock formations we are familiar with in all of the other NASA released photo's of the moon. Too bad the resolution isn't more crisp.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Wow. Just. . wow. Someone will probably say that these have been posted before, but I've never seen them. And if they are IN FACT really from the lunar orbiter, how can this not prove that we are not alone?

Unless of course all are remnants of what some speculate could be OUR secret past up there.

VERY interesting indeed Mike.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I dont suppose there are any coordinates on the asu website as to where the photos were taken? If so, any way to cross-reference with any of the returned Japanese orbiter images? Are they even available yet online?

link   
it's kind of a thread i like. Thanks again mike. Most people won't even try to debunk those because you provided this source ...
Thanks again for this stuff. I'll take a look at those when i get home from work

+8 more 
link   

Originally posted by amongus
Wow. Just. . wow. Someone will probably say that these have been posted before, but I've never seen them. And if they are IN FACT really from the lunar orbiter, how can this not prove that we are not alone?

Easy:

1. The spires are geological structures.
2. The pyramid is just an oddly shaped ridge of a mountain.
3. The tracks are what the OP stated--rover tracks.
4. The inverted D is just a formation that looks like an inverted letter D.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
And the "tower" structure? It clearly has an artificial geometric structure to it. The ruins from the "cities" aren't anything that I've seen or heard about showing up naturally. . at least here on earth.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   

And the "tower" structure? It clearly has an artificial geometric structure to it. The ruins from the "cities" aren't anything that I've seen or heard about showing up naturally. . at least here on earth.

You mean that grainy tall structure that's half-obscured by shadow? Can you describe what looks artificial about it?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
By thrashee

Easy: 1. The spires are geological structures. 2. The pyramid is just an oddly shaped ridge of a mountain. 3. The tracks are what the OP stated--rover tracks. 4. The inverted D is just a formation that looks like an inverted letter D.

That is why they are called Anomalies, compared with the rest of the Lunar surface, they seem out of place, which is why Mike puts up these kinds of pictures, time and again we see structure like Anomalies, with no explanation, if you look closer at the pictures, there is one there that appears to be a cubic structure, with a doorway, is that natural?

Why not allow others to see it and discuss it before making a judgment, or if you are a n expert on this kind of thing then please do share your expertise?

Your not going to get brownie points by being first with an answer, and you will not get much respect if your intention is to put doubt as to the integrity of MikeSingh, way too much respect earned by him from others, for them to allow his threads to be disrespected for no reason.

I have to admit ive not really followed MikeSinghs threads, because im not a person to disbelieve that the moon has been used in the Ancient past, in fact in my heart deep down, im pretty sure it has been, IMO of course, but these pictures have me wondering to what extent it has been used, if the tracks are thought to be from the Rover, i am interested if the Rover was used in that area, and if the Russian missions are ruled out, then what made them? dont you find that interesting?

[edit on 19/8/2008 by azzllin]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by thrashee

You mean that grainy tall structure that's half-obscured by shadow? Can you describe what looks artificial about it?

People see what they want to see in these moon/mars "anomaly" photos. A small number of them turn out to be interesting, most of the time it's painfully obvious that we're looking at rocks...

The "pyramid" is clearly a ridge/rocky hill.. the OP identified the tracks as from the soviet rover, the "tower" is a rock.

The only interesting thing I see is the weird pointy rocks but only because I'm not a geologist and don't understand how those would form. I mean on earth you get stalagmites on cave floors from the build up of water with calcium deposits I think. How would you get them without water? IMO that is the interesting find here, thanks for sharing your photos!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
That is why they are called Anomalies, compared with the rest of the Lunar surface, they seem out of place, which is why Mike puts up these kinds of pictures, time and again we see structure like Anomalies, with no explanation, if you look closer at the pictures, there is one there that appears to be a cubic structure, with a doorway, is that natural?

But as I said, I already provided explanations. You may not agree with them, you may not like them, but they're still explanations. All we can do is examine them, remark at how odd they look, and come up with possibilities for what they could be. Someone here stated that all these things were "proof" that we are not alone, and I most vehemently disagree. As you stated, they are anomalies...they don't prove anything.

Why not allow others to see it and discuss it before making a judgment, or if you are a n expert on this kind of thing then please do share your expertise?

So in other words, everyone else can discuss it, but I must go last. Why exactly should I do that?

Your not going to get brownie points by being first with an answer, and you will not get much respect if your intention is to put doubt as to the integrity of MikeSingh, way too much respect earned by him from others, for them to allow his threads to be disrespected for no reason.

Interesting psychological review you've done of me, but I was merely ahead of you to post. Are you bitter about this? And I don't think I've attacked the OP's integrity....the OP himself was wise enough not to make any definitive claims regarding what these things are.

if the tracks are thought to be from the Rover, i am interested if the Rover was used in that area, and if the Russian missions are ruled out, then what made them? dont you find that interesting?

Here's what I know as fact: 1) what appear to be vehicle tracks are in a photo that (assuming the photo itself is authentic, which I don't doubt right now) is of the moon. 2) manned and unmanned vehicles have traversed the moon.

There is already a very logical answer to this question, so logically that is what I'm going with. If anyone else can prove otherwise, then yes, it is interesting indeed.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Here's what I know as fact: 1) what appear to be vehicle tracks are in a photo that (assuming the photo itself is authentic, which I don't doubt right now) is of the moon. 2) manned and unmanned vehicles have traversed the moon.
If anyone else can prove otherwise, then yes, it is interesting indeed.

Hi thrashee! Two points I would like to mention here regarding the tracks:

1. The width of the Rover, as I mentioned earlier, was 4ft 11in. The tracks are much much wider than this. Unless of course we had giant rovers operating on the Moon when these shots were taken!

2. If you follow the tracks, you can clearly see that they pass over the craters. Now considering their slopes, it would be almost impossible for the Rover (If it is) to climb out. It would also have toppled over if it went over the edges.

I would be grateful if someone could clarify whether the Lunakhod was in this area in the first place!

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
1. The width of the Rover, as I mentioned earlier, was 4ft 11in. The tracks are much much wider than this. Unless of course we had giant rovers operating on the Moon when these shots were taken!

Hi mikesingh,

First we need to know if this was the only rover in this area. Then we need to verify through calculations that the distance between the tracks is, in fact, wider than the rover's width, which all obviously depends on the exact distance from which the image was taken.

Regarding the slopes...the first slope it looks like it encounters (assuming it's going from left to right) is shadowed on the lefthand side, and the crater edges look to extend upwards. It may be cutting it very close, but the rover could have angled up the lip of the crater without actually going over the rim. Regarding the second crater, which the rover looks as though it had to pass right through, I really can't speculate. The only real way of analyzing this is to get all the facts regarding the suspect rover....wheel depth, shock leniency, size, and of course the calculated size and depth of these craters.

If there were no rovers there to begin with, I suppose this is all a moot point anyway. And then the next question is, what made those tracks?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   

If there were no rovers there to begin with, I suppose this is all a moot point anyway. And then the next question is, what made those tracks?

Exactly!! If they're not due to Lunakhod, then what or who made those tracks??

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by thrashee

I never said you had to be last at anything or anywhere, i was trying to say if your not sure what they are then its easier to say so.

And yes they are Anomalies, another poster pointed it out also, how did they form? how could they have formed? no wind, nor water, according to NASA that is, so your explanation of Geological structures and Natural formations doesn't fit, and as i said if you have an explanation on how these where formed please share , i was not trying to put you down in any way shape or form, you just seem so certain about what these are?

[edit on 19/8/2008 by azzllin]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Great thread mikesingh !

thanks for sharing these photo's and they are really an excellent find. i found myself staring at all of them for way too long but the one that most intrigues me is this one...

this is unexplainable in my opinion , and there is NO WAY this is a natural formation. for me this picture is undeniable proof that either there was a past civilization there or Aliens are on the Moon

excellent job sir...you get a star and flag from me !

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Here's some more...

I have no idea whether that tower in the distance is an image
screw-up or actually a tower like structure! There's a shadow
though. Also check out the structure toward the left of the
image, and its shadow. Seems fairly geometrically shaped!

Cheers!

[edit on 19-8-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Couldn't agree more, this pic, imo, displays a structure of sorts, which can not be a natural formation.
I can only speculate as to what it is......

I'm sure Zorgon & crew have come across these in their travels.
Mike.

star & flag

Mike, it just dawned on me you are the "crew"...

[edit on 19-8-2008 by one_small_step]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join