It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did American mercenaries help Georgia?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic

members of our military get paid peanuts to kill people in defense of OUR COUNTRY thats why the military is called "THE SERVICE"

i was thinking of working for blackwater at one time as a translator and you get $200,000 for one year in iraq. ONE YEAR. then i realized id have to sell my soul for that money so i said screw it and went back to school.

According to you, anyone who kills people for money is a merc. The amount they are paid doesn't matter.

So, I ask again, are cops and military mercs too?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Scorched Earth

no cops and our soldiers fight for OUR COUNTRY. and while money may play a part they are primarily fighting for honor and duty to their home country.

mercs fight for anyone government or corporation...FOR MONEY they fight for whoever pays the bills. not hard to understand.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

You romantic defenses of the BlackWater corporation are impressive. Do they take an oath to defend the constitution? Are they commissioned by a public official to perform peace officer duties? To whom do they owe their allegiance? Are they held to a standard of conduct comparable to those who's services are regulated by our community?

They are mercenaries by definition. What's the big deal with that? Why is it such a horrible thing to admit?

Also, UK's SAS provides body guard services for diplomats, as well as the US Secret Service and the FBI. Which countries I wonder need 'private' security? Do you know (legit question - I don't)?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

no cops and our soldiers fight for OUR COUNTRY. and while money may play a part they are primarily fighting for honor and duty to their home country.

mercs fight for anyone government or corporation...FOR MONEY they fight for whoever pays the bills. not hard to understand.

Agreed. And, in case there's any doubt, we'll ask Merriam-Webster.

Main Entry:
1mer·ce·nary Listen to the pronunciation of 1mercenary
Pronunciation:
\ˈmər-sə-ˌner-ē, -ne-rē\
Function:
noun
Inflected Form(s):
plural mer·ce·nar·ies
Etymology:
Middle English, from Latin mercenarius, irregular from merced-, merces wages — more at mercy
Date:
14th century

: one that serves merely for wages; especially : a soldier hired into foreign service

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

You contradicted yourself. Lets be honest here, anyone in the military today isn't fighting for our country. They aren't fighting to protect any freedom. Our country isn't being attacked, nor are they defending the U.S.

The government pays their bills. Considering the majority of Blackwater Contractors are former U.S. military, did they suddenly stop upholding their oath?

No.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

As I said above, the majority of Blackwater contractors are former military, with a large number of those coming from the special forces community. There is also a large number of current law enforcement officers who take Blackwater gigs because they pay is better.

There simply aren't enough DSS (Diplomatic Security Services) agents to keep State Dept. employees asses safe in Iraq and Afghanistan, hence they contract security positions out to companies like Blackwater.

Mercenaries are paid to fight in wars. Have any proof whatsoever Blackwater sends it's security contrators out on direct action missions?

No, you dont, because that simply isn't true.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scorched Earth

hahah
blackwater arnt mercinaries? are you kidding me?
what are they then? "rentable peace agents"?

If you are going to accuse them of being mercs, it helps if you actually know how to spell the word first: M-E-R-C-E-N-A-R-I-E-S

Security contractors, as in keeping diplomats asses safe. As in protecting convoys transporting fuel, food, equipment, etc etc.

HAHAHAHAHAH

You sheeple just devour anything they say hook, line, and sinker, dontcha?

I guess you also believe that "enemy combatants" and "P.O.W.S" are also different?

Just because they give it a different name doesn't mean its changed. If I start calling my Ipod a portable mp3 listening device, does that mean its changed? Of course not!!!

In case you didn't understand any of that, heres a translation.

BAAAAAAH BAAAAAAH BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH BAAAH BAAAAAAH BAAAAH. BAAAAAH BAAAAH BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Oh, and as of a year and a half ago, there was almost 100,000 of those "security contractors" in Iraq, almost as much as the 140,000 troops there. Thats a lot of diplomats to protect

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ben420

I guess asking you to refute fact would be too much to ask huh?

Your source for that 100k security contractor would be?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

reply to post by ben420

Google is your friend.
www.washingtonpost.com...
www.politico.com...
www.globalpolicy.org...

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Bush's War in Georgia

uruknet.info...

Washington's bloody fingerprints are all over the invasion of South Ossetia. Georgia President Mikhail Saakashvili would never dream of launching a massive military attack unless he got explicit orders from his bosses at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. After all, Saakashvili owes his entire political career to American power-brokers and US intelligence agencies. If he disobeyed them, he'd be gone in a fortnight. Besides an operation like this takes months of planning and logistical support; especially if it's perfectly timed to coincide with the beginning of the Olympic games. (another petty neocon touch) That means Pentagon planners must have been working hand in hand with Georgian generals for months in advance. Nothing was left to chance.

Another tell-tale sign of US complicity is the way President Bush has avoided ordering Georgian troops to withdraw from a province that has been under the protection of international peacekeepers. Remember how quickly Bush ordered Sharon to withdraw from his rampage in Jenin? Apparently it's different when the aggression serves US interests.

Saakashvili has been working closely with the Bush administration ever since he replaced Eduard Shevardnadze as president in 2003. That's when US-backed NGOs and western intelligence agencies toppled the Shevardnadze regime in the so-called color-coded "Rose Revolution". Since then, Saakashvili has done everything that's been asked of him; he's built up the military and internal security apparatus, he's allowed US advisers to train and arm Georgian troops, he's applied for membership in NATO, and he's been a general nuisance to his Russian neighbors. Now, he has sent his army into battle ostensibly on Washington's orders. At least, that is how the Kremlin sees it.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben420

reply to post by ben420

Google is your friend.
www.washingtonpost.com...
www.politico.com...
www.globalpolicy.org...

Uh from your source"

There are about 100,000 government contractors

You do know contractors also cook, drive trucks, fix trucks, make deliveries, etc etc etc, all of the little logistical crap right? They tend to work for the big boys like KBR and Halliburton. Not all do, nor are they qualified for security operations.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

desegreed with you..when start foughts in north bosnia known as posavina war(the hardest in bosnia with lots of casulties on serbian and croatian side)
wee hawe a international unit (called a 108.HVO brigade/regiment)
search on you tube:www.youtube.com...
and part 2:www.youtube.com...
they fought against serbs,bath not for money,like merceneries!
they are yust volonters,fougters for fredom bosnia and croatia..

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
As person with some experience in this mater I will just point out that no Special Operations personnel was involved in any of the operations in Georgia. I have served as 18D, and conducted training operations of personal in various friendly nations. It is not US or SOCOM policy to engage a superior force (not in terms of training but in term of combat sustainability and basic firepower), as the risk of loosing operators outweigh any substantial military or political gains. Given that I have previously contracted with Blackwater to provide high risk protection it is also unlikely that any Blackwater personal were involved in any combat roles in Georgia. Blackwater hires come mainly from withing Special Operations community and is unlikely that any Operator would except a combat mission for any amount of money for reasons given above. Be advised the Russian intelligence community has an excellent apparatus for deploying propaganda and misinformation both internally within their own state media as well as internationally. What their military forces lack in basic combat skill and equipment their intelligence services make up for by being decades ahead of ours. If one still has any doubts about US military involvement keep in mind the main point of entry fro the Russian forces is border tunnel between Georgia and Russia, even a green infantry soldier would make it a goal to blow the tunnel or set an ambush at the location while maintaining high ground therefore inflicting severe casualties and cutting off supply lines. Up on retreat into an urban environment a sustained night time operation using basic equipment such as NVGs, claimore mines, AT4s and M4 carbines employing hit and run ambushes would bring severe casualties to the Russian military as they do not operate with NVGs for exception Spetsnaz. So don't believe everything see on the web.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join