It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did American mercenaries help Georgia?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It looks like there may be american mercenaries in georgia fighting russia. This video claims the russians have two bodies that were killed in fighting that appear to be african americans. so what do you think? is this the work of blackwater? or maybe real US special forces operating in georgia secretly? either way it is not good because things like this allof fighting to escalate.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by TheRepublic]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Does Blackwater strictly have blacks in it's employment? Is that why you pointed them out specifically? As far as I know, there are blacks worldwide, not just in America.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I don't think so. The only thing I heard about American mercenaries is about their killing of innocent people in Iraq.

Money is important, but I think most of them should be smart enough not to engage in a formal war.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
According to Alex Jones Georgia's army was being trained by American special forces. Earlier this summer, July I think, there was a big military training exercise there, with thousands of american troops it seems.

There is a possibility american soldiers were caught up in this, if not directly envolved in a false flag attack on Russian aircraft.

What can I say, neocons, and by extension, the NWO seem to have an unsatiable apetite for war.

Note that I'm selling at the same price I'm buying here, all of the above may or may not be exact, minus the military exercise which was reported.

This whole war seems staged to be, it just looks like another now obvious elitist stunt.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CO Vet

did you watch the video? the russians were speculating that, i didnt come up with that idea, but one thing is for certain they definatly are not from around there. blackwater isnt just an american mercinary company they are a global one, so they could potentialy be from anywhere, but it is most likely that black mercinaries are from the US and blackwater is probably involved.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Didn't hear any mention of Blackwater in the report. Do you have another one you might be referring to?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CO Vet

no the blackwater thing is just me speculating, as they are the biggest and baddest of the merc forces, they are who i suspect. it could possibly be another company. the report also said that there were some ukrainian tank troops that were killed. regardless its not good that there are mercs involved in this. this war is messy already and having mercs could make it alot messier.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
It looks like there may be american mercenaries in georgia fighting russia. This video claims the russians have two bodies that were killed in fighting that appear to be african americans. so what do you think? is this the work of blackwater? or maybe real US special forces operating in georgia secretly? either way it is not good because things like this allof fighting to escalate.

To those having trouble comprehending TheRepublic, he is engaged in SPECULATION. He never states solid facts, just opinions.

He is asking opinions.

The republic, if, IF it is American troops then there is going to be trouble. If its private military contractors, well they get paid to do a job and can be brushed under the carpet.

African peoples in georgia is a new one though. I wonder who the hell they were there with???????

SR

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Even for a second any of these claims are true the whole thing pivots on one word: 'Mercenaries'

Which are just that they could be from any country it doesn't mean those countries are directly involved in anyway.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The Georgia National Guard (of the United States) is over there right now in training exercises with the Georgia (republic of) military. My brother is over there right now.

Assuming he wasn't hit by a Russian bomb that is.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Maybe its volunteers like the 1000's of Russian "volunteer’s that have been pouring over the Georgian border.

Before the pro Russian crowd cries too much, Putin admitted it himself.

So we can say these people that were found were volunteers who were defending Georgia from Russian aggression, as Russian troops/tanks and planes invaded Georgia.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

there is a diffrence between volunteers and mercinaries...
one is given alot of money, the other has a cause they believe in and is not fighting for money.
they are not the same thing.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Blackwater?!? Gimme a break... blackwater is so huge and above board this is the last thing they would be involved in. They are makeing plenty of money working with the U. S. gov. There are tons of other merc companies that would be willing to get involved that need the work and don't have the huge profile of blackwater. Plus why on the hell would you hire American mercs to fight a war in georgia? thats like paying canadians to make sneakers in china.
U. S. forces have been training georgians for there deployments to iraq though...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

Blackwater isn't a merc firm. Stop listening to Scahill and try dealing in actual facts.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

[edit on 10-8-2008 by TheRepublic]

Looks like Neocon foreign policy at work. This is not good, if these guys are Americans, then it looks like we are provoking the Russians.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Scorched Earth

Blackwater isn't a merc firm. Stop listening to Scahill and try dealing in actual facts.

hahah
blackwater arnt mercinaries? are you kidding me?
what are they then? "rentable peace agents"?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

hahah
blackwater arnt mercinaries? are you kidding me?
what are they then? "rentable peace agents"?

If you are going to accuse them of being mercs, it helps if you actually know how to spell the word first: M-E-R-C-E-N-A-R-I-E-S

Security contractors, as in keeping diplomats asses safe. As in protecting convoys transporting fuel, food, equipment, etc etc.

Seriously, stop getting your regurgitated opinions from Democratic Underground and Jeremy Scahill

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

ok someone that would get their panties in a bundle over an "I" instead of an "E" is the exact type of person that would split hairs over "security contractors" and "mercenaries".

well guess what in the real world all that stuff means the same damn thing. you kill people for money and whore yourself out to a foreign government? thats called a "mercenary" I suppose the Hessians were English security contractors then.

and no im not democratic i could give a crap less about democratic or republican.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

Members of the military get paid and kill people, do you consider them merc's too?

Cops get paid and kill people, are they merc's?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

members of our military get paid peanuts to kill people in defense of OUR COUNTRY thats why the military is called "THE SERVICE"

i was thinking of working for blackwater at one time as a translator and you get $200,000 for one year in iraq. ONE YEAR. then i realized id have to sell my soul for that money so i said screw it and went back to school.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join