It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans need a new end game

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Civilization should be putting down the weapons, throw away the money and we should all work together for a new end game. What do I mean?

This planet will not always be able to sustain life. One day it will look like Mars and then where will humanity be? I say we all should work together and take humanity out into space and live there. At least if we keep our civilization mobile we might stand half of a chance to survive forever. We need to spread it out also, some mobile in ships and plant some humans on other planets within our solar system.

Has anyone heard of the Goldilocks zone?

My belief is that it happened with Mars and then some of their civilization took off and started a new life on Earth. Maybe even some stayed on Mars underground or took off for the far reaches of outer space, or both.

Now let's imagine that Earth moves out of the habitable zone and Venus is moving in. Albeit this won't happen for millions possibly billions of years from now. But this planet has already displayed its history to us and showed that natural disasters happen all the time. Shouldn't we take our civilization to the Stars to ensure humanities survival? This should happen within the next few generations.

We have already seen extinction level events happened here on Earth. I sure don't want that to happen again because this time it might be humans that become extinct.

One extinction level event

Ok, I would like to know what everyone here thinks about this. Do you guys believe we should be acting now to ensure humanities survival? I mean, living in space is going to be really hard so there will be a trial and error period where humans will need to get it right before we can actually move out into space. This will take time.

I also believe in alien life out in space, so what will they do when they see we have finally moved into space? We will need to be prepared for this scenario as well.

What else will we need to be prepared for? Do you believe we need to do exactly this, move some of our civilization into space to ensure humanities existence? Any other ideas or comments from anyone?

The end game I see now is humanity dyeing off in a world extinction level event, we need a new end game.

Thanks for listening to me and I hope to get alot of feedback from all of you.

Star

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
OK, some of what you're written is questionable, but your main idea is relevant to the current state of the planet Earth. Humans will move to other planets and it is something that should be seriously pursued. The problem you have in getting many people interested in this is that they only see to the end of their lifetime and they don’t really care about much else.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
That is true, how can we get them to look past their lifetime and look at a more of a eternity view?

Star

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
UFOzebra is right.

How excited are you for Superbowl 52 right now.

But let me see if I can stay street here and not get too philosophical.

We along with other life in the Universes are all.....adhering to Darwinism in a sense.

Some species will adapt because they are stronger, or have many food choices for their diets....you know...the animal kingdom stuff. Some species just go extinct.

Now we humans here on our planet are no different. This here planet is our crib or nursery or backyard. In order for us to grow up to be adults we need to leave.

Nature has always provided "incentive" for species to develop. Our incentive? Limited resources and a finite amount of time to move on our watch our sun blink out.

But like you said, we waste our time fighting wars and hating one another and just plain behaving like primates or worse.

The only reason that I am interested in the UFO, ET, and all that stuff is because I feel I was born a couple thousand years too early. The only hope I have of getting out of this "crib" is if the aliens show up and ask me to choose some planet in their data base that they could drop me off on and I can spend the rest of my life exploring an untainted planet. There would be enough planets that the Muslims could have their own. The homosexual's. The Morman's. The Nazi's. You name any group and they can go start their society and be left alone.

But alas, there is no reason to believe at all that ET has arrived yet. They wouldn't play this hide and seek game. They wouldn't be wasting their time playing childish politics with our childish leaders.....but this thread isn't about ET.

Yes, we have to leave the planet of course, nobody could argue against that....uhhhh, oooops, I forgot about all of those that are going to wait for the 2nd coming. I am a Christian by the way, but JC can drop by the planet Res Ipsa and say hello or pick me up if it is time to go.

I just hate that I was born wayyyyyyyy tooooooo early to see us when we were all grown up.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
hey I forgot to clear up some assumptions I may have left.

We may be just another one of the planets whose sentient beings just offed them selves before even becoming adults. We could be the 5 year old that plays with daddy's gun and ooooops. Darwinism my friends.

.....thus my belief and faith in God......if we were completely left to Darwinism then we would have destroyed each other many times over all ready. But I certainly wouldn't want to just expect him to catch us every time.......I mean look at the dinosaurs.....they had a helluva long run but even they fell victim to Darwin eventually.

So I hope we can manage to be more like crocodiles than the do-do bird....but really like Ufozebra said....too late for us to get very excited about it......unless ET shows up......which reminds me......I wonder if I won the Powerball last Wednesday....I'll go check.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Stari

As much as I agree that we should colonize space to ensure the survival of the human race you're forgetting about the financial aspect of supporting such a mission. You're forgetting that even if technology is available that could lessen the financial burden that advanced technology is in the hands of the military-industrial establishment owned by the elites who control society and only care about themselves.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I do not think that this will happen either in the near future or even 200 years from now. This does not mean this absolutely cannot happen and I for one will see to it that we do have this in the agenda of the human race. We have to have global awareness, evolve intellectually and follow it up with action before we colonize space like ants but I like your enthusiasm and excitement though because I am also thinking the same way, just with a more realistic approach and look at life.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I have not forgotten about the financial part of this. That is why if we could all come together and put down the money and work together for the one goal of survival of humanity then it would work out.

I am not stupid though, I know that will never happen. There will be the lazy people who want to do absolutely nothing and still be aloud to eat and have a roof over their heads. Also the selfish people. So there is no way it will happen that way, so how can we make this happen? What are some steps we could take to ensure humanities survival?

Along with that note what are some other things that I am probably forgetting about that we would need to get out in space or on other planets?

Star

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
What financial burden would there be?

If the governments of the world were told they have 5 years 120 days and 6 minutes before Asteroid Bullseye was to hit and turn the Earth into its own version of the Imperial DeathStar demise.......well I think they would just do what it takes and money would be as precious as toliet paper.

The people working on the project and supplying the resources would be compensated by receiving their e-ticket out of here. Pay the other people not going as much as you care to print off. Here ya go...enjoy your monopoly money....houses will be realllllllly cheap in just over 5 years.

But......in the event that this doomsday scenerio doesn't occur then it will take a discovery of a planet made of Gold or Oil before someone gets "motivated" enough to get there first. Then we would see a space race!

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Very good. Star & Flag..

My belief is that it happened with Mars and then some of their civilization took off and started a new life on Earth. Maybe even some stayed on Mars underground or took off for the far reaches of outer space, or both.

Interesting although I might suggest that an ancient civilization might have taken root on Venus. Early in our solar system's life, the sun was 40% cooler than it is today. In the coming millions of years as our sun cools it will expand (to become a Red Giant). Although the sun will be cooler, it will be much larger and thus Earth's oceans may boil away and Mars might become more suitable for life.

Do you guys believe we should be acting now to ensure humanities survival?

It would be refreshing to think our species is mature enough to unite around such a goal/concept. I think after (if) we become a Type 1 civilization this will move to the top of our agenda. Right now we are still going through the painful process of fighting for real estate and a dominant culture (probably inherent of Type 0 civilizations).

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

Well I guess then that finding a potential energy source on Mars would get the governments in gear to bring humanity to space.

Source link here

I am not thinking that something is going to happen right away and that we should all freak out and rush off into space. But I do believe that we should be making a serious effort or at least a game plan to getting us there.

Star

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
response to res ipsa and stari:
I meant to add the "if governments didn't have knowledge of an extinction level event that could happen in the near future" when I was referring to the financial aspects of it. Also, I think it would take longer than 5 years to

response to stari:
I agree with you and would like to say we as human beings came this far and I know we will not die without fighting. We just need one highly motivated individual to get the ball rolling to inspire action by others.

There are many ideas in my mind but how much time I am spending thinking about this isn't enough to fully clarify what I am thinking. Both of your ideas are incorporated in my own ideas just to note. I respect your own thoughts as well.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
The problem with grand, idealistic solutions is that the closer it gets to fruition, the greater the temptation and ability of one or a few of the major players to "cheat" and assume total control for his or her own ends.

Grand ideals mean asking people to become vulnerable to some extent. Its like asking a group of warriors to come to a meeting unarmed. If everyone does it, great. But if one single warrior secretly brought in a weapon, he could kill all the others who were unarmed and assume total control. The temptation is great...especially to a species used to fighting and competing.

I think the only way we are going to be able to do this is through a kind of evolution that makes us gentler, more patient, less aggressive, more long-term-thinking, and more humane. It would involve a deep change in human psychology. There is some evidence that this actually happened around 50,000 years ago: suddenly human skulls became much thinner, which suggests less violence. The shift coincided with the great cave paintings and the beginnings of language/more complex societies. To form those early societies, we needed to change our basic psychology and physiology: to become more trusting and more able to work in groups.

I think we need a similar shift for the next stage of our evolution. Just simply deciding to all work together won't work out in our current state, given the nature of human psychology at this stage of evolution. We need another "quantum leap."

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Wow, great replies from everyone.

I have another idea though. What if a large group got together and decided to take action on their own? Now I am NOT talking about a cult or anything like that. I am talking about an organization that realizes the potential for saving humanity from eventual extinction and moving some of the people who believe as I do out into space. I wonder how hard that would be. This is a new idea on my part and I will have to think this over as in the pros and cons. I am just throwing it out there for now.

Star

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stari
Civilization should be putting down the weapons, throw away the money and we should all work together for a new end game. What do I mean?

This planet will not always be able to sustain life. One day it will look like Mars and then where will humanity be? I say we all should work together and take humanity out into space and live there. At least if we keep our civilization mobile we might stand half of a chance to survive forever. We need to spread it out also, some mobile in ships and plant some humans on other planets within our solar system.

Oh stari, i wish that could happen. If humanity could get past their stupid and pathetic differences we could progress so very much. If we cooperated, released the government projects and generally treated science as our grand ideal, we would propel ourselves to the stars with incredible speed.

Now let's imagine that Earth moves out of the habitable zone and Venus is moving in. Albeit this won't happen for millions possibly billions of years from now. But this planet has already displayed its history to us and showed that natural disasters happen all the time. Shouldn't we take our civilization to the Stars to ensure humanities survival? This should happen within the next few generations.

Agreed, if we ca colonise and sustain only one other planet, we would ensure the survival of mankind.

We have already seen extinction level events happened here on Earth. I sure don't want that to happen again because this time it might be humans that become extinct.

Actually that's highly improbable. With places like cheyenee mountain we're pretty much assured existence, however a bad event would set us back many thousands of years no doubt.

The end game I see now is humanity dyeing off in a world extinction level event, we need a new end game.

Thing is places like cheyenne mountain are designed to last for many years. Unless it takes a direct hit the human species is pretty safe. However i stil think we should resolve our differences, work towards space travel, works towards colonisation and ensure our survival.

Thanks for listening to me and I hope to get alot of feedback from all of you.

Star

Thank you for the question.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
My reply button is not working so to reply to ImaginaryReality1984,

Yes it would be GREAT if this planet could come together and put aside their differences and work on this solution. You say that cheyenne mountain would pretty much assure existence. This is probably true, but for how long? IF there is a natural disaster on this planet would this planet recover eventually? And if it does recover how long would it take to do this? Would the mountain be able to sustain for a long period of time the many lives needed to rebuild our civilization.

I am getting GREAT responses from everyone. You guys are really making me think here
I love this place!!

Star

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I hope I am still living by the time humans go to Mars. I woud love to see the images that come back to Earth from that trip. I would also hope that normal people like you and me would get the chance to go to Mars and be among the first colonists there. Maybe then Earth would get honest answers back from them as in "Are those rocks or are those ancient artifacts of an era long ago?"

Also I would love to see where they landed and setup base camp on Mars. But out of all honesty can we say that Mars is the best planet in our Solar System to start another civilization? What about the Moons of other planets?

So many possibilities here.
Star

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

We may be just another one of the planets whose sentient beings just offed them selves before even becoming adults. We could be the 5 year old that plays with daddy's gun and ooooops. Darwinism my friends.

.....thus my belief and faith in God......if we were completely left to Darwinism then we would have destroyed each other many times over all ready.

Why should it be the case that, left to natural selection (not 'Darwinism'), humanity should have destroyed itself? I'm curious to hear your reasoning.

Are you sure you aren't just finding ways to justify your belief in a god?

Edit to add:

We along with other life in the Universes are all.....adhering to Darwinism in a sense...

Nature has always provided "incentive" for species to develop. Our incentive? Limited resources and a finite amount of time to move on our watch our sun blink out.

You appear to believe in a teleological process of evolution. There is no way in which such a view can be made compatible with the concept of natural selection. Perhaps this is where the difficulty arises?

[edit on 12-8-2008 by Astyanax]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I agree with your post but going your plan would indicate that our planet is ready for change when in reality it isn't. The only way we can stick together is
a life changing event on a large scale. Until then we can only wish for these
changes.

My take on it is that we need a huge world event to help us realize that we
are all equal and no matter how much materials you hold. I am sure a few
elite beings have already ensured their survival if a large scale event were to take place.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Stari

I doubt that things are as bad as you fear, Stari. And they were, I'm afraid there is very little we can do about it.

Human beings are animals, and we behave like animals. That is to say, we follow our instincts in trying to gain as much pleasure and security as possible and in trying to avoid pain, damage and death. We likewise follow our instincts in putting ourselves and our children before others, with spouses, relatives and friends coming after, and then all the rest.

So shall it be in the rush for the lifeboats. The greater the pressure on us, as individuals or in groups, the more like animals we behave, allowing ourselves to be led by our basic instincts rather than our intellects.

The only way human beings can be made to behave intelligently is through the mediation of charismatic leaders who can influence people to act against their animal instincts. But no single leader is capable of carrying an entire planet.

Our survival is not in our hands. But then, it never was.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Stari

I think it's obvious mankind is not going to survive if we do nothing and just carry on the way we are doing right now. I hear conflicting forecasts about how long our resources will remain sufficient. Together with polution and just depleted foodstocks and fuel resources. I expect we run out this century. So things need to be done.

But what makes you think we're not already doing it? If indeed a group of people exists with all the power and money (like Bilderberg Group, so i'm told), don't you think these people will take care of a solution (if only for themselfs?). This is why I think things are already taking place. What is done I don't know and can only speculate. Contact with Alien lifeform or having a pile of alternative solutions which they held as a contingency, but meanwhile profiting of worldwide dependence of oil. You name it, it could al be true.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join