It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: “America is no longer what it once was"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
Ahhhh the good old days......
If you had only gotten all your buddies to vote with you for Strom Thurmond, imagine where we could be now.

I never lived in South Carolina, but if I did I would have proudly voted for Strom Thurmond. I don't see your point? Do you have one?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Nope. You proved it. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
It's obvious America is not what it once was....

So, you agree with Obama, then. (Careful, some aren't so understanding)

See how important CONTEXT is?

Originally posted by AndrewTB
An economic downturn doesn't mean a nation loses it's greatness.

Where did he say America lost it's greatness again? I musta missed that.
It's no wonder you guys throw such a fit when you make up things he said and then get mad at him for it!

I find this very insulting...
I am seriously deeply insulted.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

children don't vote,who cares what they think.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

This will be what your doing when Obama loses his pitiful run for the White House. America is even greater today then what it once was. And it will continue to be great without Obama as President.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Obama is an a$$ puppet and a parrot. How would he know anything about what America "once was"? He just got here. Where is all of this first hand knowledge of how things used to be in America. I am sure glad the election is all fixed up against him. Run a real candidate or you'll never be taken seriously.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
It's obvious America is not what it once was....

Originally posted by AndrewTB
An economic downturn doesn't mean a nation loses it's greatness.

Where did he say America lost it's greatness again? I musta missed that.
It's no wonder you guys throw such a fit when you make up things he said and then get mad at him for it!

Ummm.. I dont know about you, but there not many other things it can mean. The thing with liberals is they say one thing, it means exactly what you think it means, but when you call them on it they say it means something totally different.

I call BS, everyone knows it whether they want to admit it or not.

[edit on 8/8/2008 by AndrewTB]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

I've said he's probably not a citizen, and I've also stated he was a closet Muslim

Can you provide any evidence for saying these things? Why would you say he is not a citizen, when in fact he is? Why would you state he was a closet muslim? Do you like to perpetuate false information?
I dont understand why someone would knowingly make false statements, unless they were trying to disingenoulsly smear someone. Those kind of tactics can really hurt your credibility in other areas. Your crying wolf, will only end up hurting your name and future statments.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Pssssttt....Thurmond ran as the presidential nominee of the breakaway Dixiecrat Party in the 1948 presidential race against Democrat Harry Truman and Republican Thomas Dewey.......also......During the campaign, he said, "All the laws of Washington and all the bayonets of the Army cannot force the Negro into our homes, our schools, our churches."

Thurmond's party ran under a platform that declared in part, "We stand for the segregation of the races and the racial integrity of each race."

Just thought I would let you know what you would have been voting for.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by iamcamouflage]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Ron Paul seems to think differently to you Lloyd, he agrees that america is broken and his not afraid to say it like it is:
www.youtube.com...

Yes sugarcoat the real situation of america, do what the neocons want you to do.

Ron Paul also says his policies and values are not aligned with either Obamas or McCains. Ofcourse im an Obama supporter, but I just thought I might post this here.
www.youtube.com...
Theres nothing wrong with ron paulers picking one of the major candidates, I just find it wrong when people deny doing so.

By the way Lloyd, who will you be voting for come November?

[edit on 8-8-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

You know the things with you conservatives is you vote for fake christians who are actually sociopaths... You conservatives are so brain washed by your gurus you couldn't formulate an original opinion if $100,000,000.00 of Chennys was on the line.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
reply to post by jsobecky

its called treating the 7 year old like an adult. Remember that, growing up? Didn't you want to be treated that way? he's showing her respect. he's showing us respect.

Yeah, I wanted to drive a car and smoke cigarettes just like my dad did. Good thing he didn't let me.

There's no need to cater to a 7 year old. They're much more intelligent than conservatives will give them credit for.

You're wrong in your oversimplification of what a seven year old can handle.

Intelligence is only one part of the equation. Emotional quotient is quite another.. Lack of applicable experience is another.

They could well have nightmares and bed-wetting episodes because you decide to dump your political bias on their innocence.

Let children be children.

And don't start with this crap: "They're much more intelligent than conservatives will give them credit for."

It has nothing to do with politics.

i thought about running for mayor in the town i grew up in...

A.) i know i could win
(very small town, no competition for mayor)

B.) I know i could make a difference

C.) I just can't bring myself to do it because that means i'd have to move back there. I dont love my home town. I despised it
Just not my cup of tea.

Well, that's one thing you and Ubama have in common - you both hate the US.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
i guess a lot of these people who do have the problem with Obama are most likely choosing for McCain to win this election. Other than Obama, there is no-on else better in the running for the presidency than McCain. It would be pretty stupid of you to criticize someone and not support the other party. And I won't even start at how bad your country will look with McCain as your new President.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Well, I'll just say that SOME 7-year-olds are quite capable of fully understanding concepts of country and politics. After all, she DID ask the question.

No they don't. You don't know any, either. And the question was a typical one for a 7 year old, but the answer was not.

Just listen to him pandering to the cheering and applause from the audience. Do you think those were children cheering? No. That's who he was pandering to - the libs in the audience. He couldn't care less about the kid.

I love my country". Does a child really know what that means?

About as much as adults understand what "change" means.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45

where exactly would he like to takes us back to? I'd prefer the fifties when Anti-American rants wouldn't have been tolerated.

Actually, criticism of one's country was just as acceptable in the 1950's as it is now. It was communism that some people were afraid of, and then not everyone.

A lot of Democrats--probably including Obama--would like to return in some ways to the 1950's and 60's because they were decades of prosperity, when the middle class was strong and growing. Of course, the top 1% were taxed more heavily than they are now, and there was bipartisan support for social programs like the ones inaugurated by Roosevelt, though I doubt that was what you were referring to.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
"My oldest son has an IQ of 200+, and I didn't discuss the state of the union with him at seven either. "

Lol. Good thing you got the plus in there!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamcamouflage
Can you provide any evidence for saying these things? Why would you say he is not a citizen, when in fact he is? Why would you state he was a closet muslim? Do you like to perpetuate false information?

The simple fact that he refuses to show the American public his birth certificate is a good indicator that he's not a natural born citizen and has something to hide.

As for being a closet Muslim, he attended a Madrassa as a child, and was reported by his friends and teachers to be a very devout student of the Koran. Add to that, practically his entire paternal side of his family are all practicing Muslims.

He also changed his statement that he has "never" been a Muslim to, he has never been a "practicing" Muslim.

Just open your eyes, stop drinking the Kool Aid, and all will be clear to you..

I dont understand why someone would knowingly make false statements, unless they were trying to disingenoulsly smear someone. Those kind of tactics can really hurt your credibility in other areas. Your crying wolf, will only end up hurting your name and future statments.
Can you prove what I'm saying in incontrovertibly false? If not,please stop whining.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_Guardian
Ron Paul seems to think differently to you Lloyd, he agrees that america is broken and his not afraid to say it like it is:
www.youtube.com...
I like Ron Paul, but I don't run my life according to his gospel either. I prefer to think for myself.

Yes sugarcoat the real situation of america, do what the neocons want you to do.
For a seven year old, you should sugar coat the truth. They have plenty of time to be discontent and afraid when they grow up.

Ron Paul also says his policies and values are not aligned with either Obamas or McCains. Ofcourse im an Obama supporter, but I just thought I might post this here.
www.youtube.com...
Theres nothing wrong with ron paulers picking one of the major candidates, I just find it wrong when people deny doing so.
His policies are different, but he hasn't a prayer of getting elected. The MSM has assured us of that.

By the way Lloyd, who will you be voting for come November?
I'm not really sure yet.. Maybe Hillary if thing goes as I believe they will at the convention. I'd vote for Pee Wee Herman if it would keep Obama out of the White House.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Actually, criticism of one's country was just as acceptable in the 1950's as it is now. It was communism that some people were afraid of, and then not everyone.
you would've have been a complete outcast if you sat around criticizing America like people do today, and only the fruitcakes faction of society advocated communism, and they did so very quietly.

A lot of Democrats--probably including Obama--would like to return in some ways to the 1950's and 60's because they were decades of prosperity, when the middle class was strong and growing. Of course, the top 1% were taxed more heavily than they are now, and there was bipartisan support for social programs like the ones inaugurated by Roosevelt, though I doubt that was what you were referring to.
the fifties were the apex of American society, the sixties were the death of the country. Too much liberalism..

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I don't want to be called a hater or a racist - but, oh well, o.k. - Barry Obama would be the worst thing to ever happen to this country - even worse than the current administration. His plans to redistribute wealth, punish achievers, and make everything available to everyone - regardless of effort or deserving it - is going to destroy free enterprise. Why should I bust my butt to run my business - and employ people - when the likes of the Chosen One is going to come along and chastise me for my achievement, and tax me to death to he can distribute money and benefits to the "less fortunate"? ("Entitlements", yea, right) If I want to give, I'll give, I don't need my government telling me I HAVE to. I started with nothing and I'll be damned if I'm going to stand by and watch the likes of this kid come along and take what I have. Even Hillary would be much better. I'm not crazy about McCain, but he has my vote. Knowing that I will cancel out just one Obama vote will make me feel better.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join