It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who should represent Earthlings?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
In most of the Sci Fi movies I have seen where a human is given the honor of representing Earth to an alien species, they are invariably a male Anglo Saxon – ie: Caucasian.

But in reality, the racial demographics of the earth are: 8% White and 92% Non-White. So let’s be honest, if one human was to truly represent the “peoples” of Earth, shouldn’t that person be someone who represents the largest population on earth?

So I guess that would be someone from India or China right?

Ha ha ha, I can already hear the male Anglo Saxons tut tutting in disgust – “How dare I suggest that THEY be represented by someone other than a white male!!”

For the record, I am a white male with fair hair and blue eyes (yes that is my real eye in my avatar). But I know I represent a somewhat small proportion of the human race. And that is the trick, there is only ONE race on Earth – Humans, and the nominate specie has dark hair, dark eyes and non white skin.

So in the event that we make contact with a new species, who should be the representation of all humans? I am not talking about the greatest mind, the best leader or the most charismatic – I am purely looking at physiology.

I would welcome your reply, and it’s ok to be honest.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Linda Oneil should be our representative
www.lindaoneil.com...adding another line to conform

[edit on 7-8-2008 by racegunz]

[edit on 7-8-2008 by racegunz]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I would think the aliens being telepathic and all that if they choose to meet with someone like this they would decide themselves who they would speak to. They know we lie and if our government does cover things up they know this so I belive they would find some real good hearted people to speak with.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

The man that makes most sense, the man who can speak for all of humanity, I am of coarse speaking of:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Ha HA HA that's funny! could he bring his car Kitt?
If we have to pick a man how about Mugabe? he would scare the bejesus out of em!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I have to say that is pretty funny thanks for posting it. A great man once said WWHD.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Don't hassle the Hoff!

I really don't think it matters what the person looks like. If they are advanced, they'd already know our genetic background/physiology. I'd be more worried about the mentality of the human liaison. Sadly, I don't think society in general is "grown up" enough to be part of a relationship with an advanced race of visitors.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
i'd never be able to know who would represent us, but i definatly know that they would not go anywhere near the U.S. federal government, you know unless they want to take over and make a lot of money. the real question is, do they see the human race as a business oppertunity, or a friend?

top topics

join