It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War in Georgia

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I totally agree with what you say, It seems every time the US my own country gets into someone elses business there, is always a problem. Why cant we just stay out of others affairs. Blows my mind, I would love to know just how many american feel the way I do. Because if they do why do they vote for the same a@#$holes that they always do.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This is no different than any of the conflicts in the Balkans in the last 10 years or so. Everyone thought those would end in WW3 as well and they didnt and neither will this.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The Georgian Ministry is now stating and being reported by the Arab Wires that

"The Georgian air force has downed at least five Russian aircraft. Bitter fighting is ongoing in Tskhinvali [the South Ossetian capital]."

Al Jazeera

This is turning into a real shooting War not just skirmish, I really feel a full Russian invasion may occur.

Regards

Elf

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by buddhasystem

Russia has stopped all transportation links to Georgia.

That has happened before, if I remember correctly.

Rumours that Russia may step up air strikes against other Georgian cities and towns - especially their capital - are starting to spread around.

I doubt they would give Saakashvili such a nice propaganda piece. Bombing Tbilisi? I just don't see it happening. They will continue to bomb bases and staging areas, of course.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
This is no different than any of the conflicts in the Balkans in the last 10 years or so. Everyone thought those would end in WW3 as well and they didnt and neither will this.

This will not start World War III.

China will wave a few Dollar bills and say "you want us to sell the lot?" and the United States will sit aside. Europe wants everyone to talk and the Chinese wish Russia and Georgia will just "settle the dispute". No global war.

A massive bloodbath, endless stalemate which will last for years.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
I doubt they would give Saakashvili such a nice propaganda piece. Bombing Tbilisi? I just don't see it happening. They will continue to bomb bases and staging areas, of course.

It depends, the notion is plausible. Georgia will have to do something incredible suicidal for the Russia to strike the capital.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg
reply to post by MischeviousElf

This is sad. It almost seems like he may be taking a swipe at the U.S. involvement in the 'training' exercise that is going on there. Training who and to do what?

I just hope that there is no spillover into getting the U.S. involved. Then again I guess it would surely put an end to Iraq and Afghanistan since there is no way in hell we would start a fight with one of the other big kids on the block while being spread so thin.

I agree just as always Vietnam, Iran, Iraq, Caucasus, Balkans in the 80's 90' s South America now e,g, Colombia all these things have the hand of a superpower, whichever one guiding, and using it to test the the "real" otherside.

Ah Facades eh.

I truly hope too that this does not bring to a head the Iranian Russian help with Insurgency in Iraq, Vs the US help in say Georgi.

Calm Heads I wish for tonight on all sides eh.

I HOPE THE US CIA AND ARMY TRAINERS ARE OUT ALREADY EH?

Regards

Elf

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by maloy
LATEST NEWS:

In the early morning hours Georgia appears to have started a full-scale attack on South Ossetia with artillery fire and ground forces. South Ossetian capiltal is reported to be under heavy direct fire, and the republic is ready to declare war.

Georgia's cowardly attack came during the starting day of the Olympic games, internationally regarded as the day of peace and negotiations.

Georgian, SOssetian troops clash near Tskhinvali - SOssetia leader

Georgia shells its breakaway republic

Due to almost no presence in the region of internationalist journalists, the news are scarce and offer little detail. From what can be gathered, it looks like the war rumors have come true.

Tiny South Ossentia will be unlikely to withstand the full scale attack by Georgian forces which number around 45,000 in the region.

From what I hear in Russian sources, Russia will likely make an official statement in the coming day, possibly pledging military support for South Ossetia or even direct involvement in the war to defend the small region from ethnical cleansing.

You can bet you will hear Abkhazia declare war as soon as Ossetia does.

GOOD JOB - U.S. ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER WAR SPONSORED BY THE PENTAGON. HOPE YOU ENJOY THE FIREWORKS.

Godamn dirty Georgians!! Their disgusting president supposedly said in an interview yesterday or whatever it was outright that right now during the time of the olympics while 'all the world's major decision makers are on holiday its a brilliant time for a surprise attack" and that's what he did on Southern Ossetia.

Now all of the world's news outlets are vilifying Russia ofcourse all these zionist news outlets controlled by the u.s. and Israel both of whom hate Russia. They are now claiming Georgia as the victim even though THE MAJORITY OF SOUTHERN OSSETIA'S RESIDENTS ALL HOLD RUSSIAN CITIZENSHIPS. They're really Russians and pledge their loyalty to Russia and while the US has chosen to back Georgia, Russia has already long pledged their support for Southern Ossetia. And Georgia's cowardly attacks have allegedly/possibly already shot down 4 Russian jets and killed 10+ Russian soldiers from what I heard. Now Russia is mobilizing an armored column down to Southern Ossetia, the capital of which is unfortunately already surrounded by the 18,000 member strong Georgian army. I hope Russia bombs Georgia back to the stone age and turns TBILISI INTO A 2ND GROZNY!!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
BBC: Reports that some of Russian air strikes have occurred deep inside Georgia itself - not just South Ossetia.

The Georgian Republic is to declare Marshal Law and Russia has just carried out an out strike on a port in Southern Georgia.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Fulcrum29

Georgia is effectively engaged in a civil war.

Russia effectively invaded a country.

There is quite a difference.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Saakashvilli is done. He won't survive this. Some people think that the U.S. really cares for him, noone will come to this guys rescue now, he'll have to deal with the Russians on his own. If the South Ossetia capital is all bombed out like the news is reporting, that guys so-called western support will be harder to locate than Hoffa.

The Russians plan to ultimately end his ability to undertake any further adventures.

PS. Islam can go [-snip-] itself and the horse it rode in on.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/8/2008 by Gools]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Well for cryin out loud, Georgia could have taken the high road by just ignoring those ignoramus in Osetia. By attacking and killing the russian soldiers there, Georgia picks up the mantle of aggressor and played right into russian paws. How stupid...

Russia has been aching for foothold in Georgia for a long time. And don't think Putin isn't getting a kick out of this. I still think that twerp blew up his own people in Moscow during the apartment explosions. Guy's a wannabe Napoleon...

BOTH countries have stepped in it; Georgia's leader is a bit of a thug. And as always, it's the Georgian Joe Blow that's gonna come out the loser in this...

I'd say both countries took advantage of the timing in this disaster.

This should DEFINITELY pi** off China. It's gonna detract big time for their Olympics.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
WAR .... on the opening days of the Olympics??

*sigh* ..

If Russia attacks Georgia out of false provocations they will have a # storm to deal with .. they invaded Georgia upon rumors of ethnic cleansing in SOssetia villages. Then again, if Georgia is in fact slaughtering innocent people, they deserve to be attacked..

American's can wage war and keep civilian casualties lower then any nation on Earth .. Russia does not have the technology. Or money. They are just bombing and firing rockets to cause War weariness

LOL that's a laugh bud. America has killed more civilians in afghanistan and Iraq than Russia has in its last two decades of mini wars.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Fulcrum29]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fulcrum29

Originally posted by Rockpuck
WAR .... on the opening days of the Olympics??

*sigh* ..

If Russia attacks Georgia out of false provocations they will have a # storm to deal with .. they invaded Georgia upon rumors of ethnic cleansing in SOssetia villages. Then again, if Georgia is in fact slaughtering innocent people, they deserve to be attacked..

American's can wage war and keep civilian casualties lower then any nation on Earth .. Russia does not have the technology. Or money. They are just bombing and firing rockets to cause War weariness

LOL that's a laugh bud. America has killed more civilians in afghanistan and Iraq than Russia has in its last two decades of mini wars.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Fulcrum29]

Of course you'd use the last two decades for your comparison. Russia couldn't afford to spend the money on bullets until just recently. And America deals with a kids gloves on in all of its wars.

If killing people and destroying property was what America was all about Baghdad and all of its residents would be gone by now. Insurgency Over!! We could have made what Hulegu and Tamerlane did to that city look mild by comparison. That's the reality and you should open your eyes to the facts of our divinely granted strength and patience.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The ultimate goal is to keep Russia distracted while Isreal and the US attack Iran. Georgians know they cannot not defeat Russia...this conflict will ensure Georgians acceptance into NATO. China is distracted by the Olympic Games and using it's army for secruity.

This is the perfect oppurtunity for the US to make it's move.

America rules.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Fulcrum29

Afganistan (1 million) and Chechniya (30000-200000) civilian losses in USSR/Russian Federation wars is surely not less then Iraq and Afganistan US wars.
All in 2 decades.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bruxfain

PS. Islam can go # itself and the horse it rode in on.

What you on about there?

If you talking about kosova,well its an independant Islamic nation now with full backing of EU.So russians and Serbs can go and shuv their little heads down the T bowl.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Attari]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by knell1906
The ultimate goal is to keep Russia distracted while Isreal and the US attack Iran. Georgians know they cannot not defeat Russia...this conflict will ensure Georgians acceptance into NATO. China is distracted by the Olympic Games and using it's army for secruity.

This is the perfect oppurtunity for the US to make it's move.

America rules.

I think instead of keeping Russia distracted, the Russians are doing for us what we couldn't do ourselves. Get rid of Saakashvilli. The guy is dirty and its time for him to get his backside dealt with. I said it before and I'll say it again, don't try and screw with and double deal on the Americans, you'll get your [-SNIP-]!!

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/8/2008 by Gools]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
CNN: Reports of Bombs rocking the Georgian capital right now.

Video of Georgian Flag Defense at Night

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Terrapop]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I can't help but think there is something bigger going on here. It makes no sense to me why a small province would do anything to instigate Russia...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join