It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ask a satanist

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
ok ive been reading this thread for a while now and normaly dont get involved with this type but please people 10 rules of moses annoys the life out of me

THOU SHALT NOT KILL

ok well lets see how that was followed shal Soddom and Gamora had a mountain dropped on it because they refused to believe

so dont kill unless its an non beleiver...

dont get me wrong i beleive in "GOD" but not what man has written in his short span in attempts to control and contrict others

and example being if God created everything why do i have to worship in a building isnt the world his place of worship and in that view why do we treat it with such disrespect (you dont dump sewage in the chrch do you

if the op follows Lucifer let him his choice right or wrong
As for it being secret christianity was conducted behind close doors for a long time in fear of reddicule and death dont be to quick to forget once again that the dominant religions tend to vilify the old and new systems purly as they are a threat to their current power base

i think the op is very brave speaking about this but thats doesnt mean i agree with him

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by StefanO

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by Slothrop
......and harm those we hate.

Please explain the above fully. It seems to be the antithesis of "love thy enemy"? Do you take physical actions against those who don't agree with your beliefs? Have you ever harmed those you hate?

bwahahahah Harm those we hate....You only have to look within the country to realize that the US governments have done that for years.........Blacks, women, gays.....The list goes on.

Gt of your high "Fundamentalist" euro settler b-# horse, and smell the coffee.

It appears you are most correct. The concept of "do unto others before they do unto you," is a nice way of turning life into a living hell.

I can understand revenge and hate towards those that have done you wrong -- though it may not be healthy. But when you are climbing over other people to get what you want, what provisions are there to allow for people who become a rival because they are people you have wronged?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by For(Home)Country
bad things look good. Occults and Satanists even say themselves that the devil is the master of trickery!

The Occult means simply "hidden". Most people that are into the Occult believe in God and do not believe in Satan. So please do not mix those of us peace loving, help out those around you, self sacrificing Occultism with the Devil or Satan.

Most of us into the Occult work with what is good.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bugs_n_recovery
reply to post by GideonHM

Hm very interesting I never heard of it until now...

If organized religion is the opium of the masses, then disorganized religion smokes the marijuana of the lunatic fringe.

—Kerry Thornley, The introduction to the Principia Discordia 5th Ed.

Ahh, yes.
I think that is very fitting indeed.
I see Discord as a fundamental operator of the Universe herself. Balance is attained through constant interaction of opposing forces, that blend and create not only black and white, but all the shades of grey and all the colors of the spectrum. Look at the symbol of Discordianism. Two cresents seperated by a line. Balance.

How you look at Discord is why so many Discordians are so different. Everyone creates discord. Cause and effect. Creation and destruction. We bend reality simply by existing. Would the people who live with and around you be exactly the same if you never existed? No. Hense why everyone is a Discordian whether or not you accept it or want to be.

Has nothing to do with my agreement with it, rather we all create change and all are included. By accepting the contradictions in our lives, we can gain a deeper understanding of the Universe herself.

Yes and no can exist at the same time, simply because we can conceive it to be. Think about that.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

Umm, You are saying I said things that I did not.

Nowhere did I say Christians are smug. Also, you are lumping me in with people whom I do not fully agree with, and not to mention the spectrum between Discordianism and Satanism are quite vivid and varied.

That's ok. At least you weren't being a jerk, and I appreciate that.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by GideonHM]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
i tried posting on here, but my message did not come through, i'll be creating an account soon, but i ask that u contact me, as i lik eur perception on things

[email protected]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
----

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Malevolent_Aliens]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Originally posted by For(Home)Country
bad things look good. Occults and Satanists even say themselves that the devil is the master of trickery!

The Occult means simply "hidden". Most people that are into the Occult believe in God and do not believe in Satan. So please do not mix those of us peace loving, help out those around you, self sacrificing Occultism with the Devil or Satan.

Most of us into the Occult work with what is good.

Sorry, I must of misused the word. Please do not take offense. When I spoke about occult, I merely meant cults who worship the devil, and that's what I thought the occult was. Please forgive my ignorance.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mproject

Originally posted by Slothrop

we believe in the virtues of greed and selfishness. harm enemies and help friends. there is nothing more ridiculous than showing mercy and love for your enemy. we believe that the "gospel of jesus christ" is a manual for how to be an obedeient slave to an insane creator.

if thats the case then im shackled, as sure as i live, i would rather be a slave to the man who died for me, than a slave to the very things that everyday, try to slowly kill me.

im done with this world,

and if i have to put on the shackles to follow him, then so be it, he put the shackles on for me first

Amen Brother.

I've always said, I'd rather be homeless in heaven than a king on Earth.

I got my shackles a decade ago.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

Maybe instead of hoaxes to make Christians more confused than they already are, you can do a few practical jokes that make people think a bit more.

Excuse me?

I for one can attest to the fact that I was confused BEFORE I became a Christian.

The best years of my life have been spent knowing the Lord.

True confusion was wondering daily if I had done enough to make it to heaven.

Now I have Holy assurance of salvation through the shed blood of Jesus Christ.

Life couldn't possibly be sweeter.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

Absolutely spot on. Brilliant.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Yea, there is much truth here. People walk away from Christanity because they see it as a set of rules to make their life not fun. You know what? Sure, there are certain things I must abide by as a Christian if I want my life to actually be positivly impacting, but I would rather be bound by the confines of Christanity (if you can call it that, I prefer calling it a relationship with Jesus Christ in Heaven) and spend eternal life in Heaven with the one that created me, than live how ever I want to, and end up in a not so nice place to be.

My pastor once brought up this situation in a church service, and it made much sense:
So, two men sit down together, one a Christian, one not. They begin discussing the after life. The non Christian asks the Christian: "So, how would you feel if you lived all this time with all these rules, only to find out Christianity, God, and Jesus, was all just a myth. How would you feel then?"
The Christian replies: "Well, okay, for a moment, we'll pretend that you're right, and Christianity is a hoax. Well, I die, and nothing happens. So, how do I feel? Well, lets see. I've lived my life trying to help others for the better, spreading God's live, and finding peace and fulfilment in God's word. Now that I'm dead, and none of it exists, I guess it really never mattered. But the important part is, I don't regret it. I lived a good life, and did what I thought was right, and now that I'm dead, no big deal. Worst case scenario. But in the best case scenario, let's say that I am right, and Christianity isn't a hoax. Well then, I go to heaven, and live for eternity with God. As you can see, its a win win."

Telling from this small story (if it makes sense), we can see that even if Christianity is a hoax (which it isn't) regardless, it is a useful, helpful and loving doctrine that we can live by.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

Where people "see rules to make life not fun", I see a loving father preventing us from hurting ourselves or others around us. Like I said before, God's commandments are not for bondage, they are for PROTECTION.

Sure, getting drunk on a regular basis is fun! Where does it lead? Alcoholism then death. Sure, snorting coke is a ton of fun! But where does it lead? Poverty, addiction, then death. Sure, adultry is fun! But where does it lead? Lost marriage, possible STDs, then death. And I could go on and on and on with examples.

Just as i expect my Earthly father to instruct me so I'd also instruct my heavenly father to as well.

Here is a great analogy to your story:

People who care not about living for God in this short time on Earth and totally forsake the eternity afterwards (are) no different than if Bill Gates were to offer his entire fortune for a shiny quarter.

Now that's asinine.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by NOTurTypical]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Well I'm bored of reading all this so I just going to hand out a heaping pile of TRUTH!

The Tree of Good and Evil that Adam and Eve ate from exested because the Tree of Immortality was there. Everything is about balance, so even God had to balace out. Adam and Eve had to follow ONE simple rule, DONT TOUCH! thats it. a direct order form God himself and they were lead astray. God became so upset and saddened he cast them out.

The holy man was given the task to kill his son as a test, God stopped him before he could finish.

the events with Job were started by Satan(Lucifer) as a chalange to God. he said that Job will curse you if you take his blessings away. God wished to show him the power of belief so He excepted. in the end after so many misforutions Job STILL praised God!

Saul and David turned from God so he did the same.

Moses had to travel in the desurt for so long to test the Isralites faith. as a reword, He parted the Sea of Reeds and though off the Pharow.

and they arn't confusing.

1. Follow only God
2. No Idols
3. Don't Steal
4. Don't Murder(self-defence and war is fine.)
5. No Adultry
6. Don't Envy
7. Don't Lie
8. Honor your Parents
9. Remember the Sabith. (Saturday)
10. Don't take the Lords name in vane.

Easy!

send me something else to staiten out.

Oh, Lucifer is Satan(Samual)'s Angelic name which did mean "The Light" because that was what he was before he rebeled. his new name is Satan(Samual) means "The Liar"

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
You are wrong...You are completely wrong in your paradigms. This world lead's you to think it's all about free will and freedom of speech. But no, you owe your very existence to one Greater thabn you. Who are you to question the Lord's way of creation. He created you, and know what you are doing. Do not think that He is not aware. But He loves you, and he is giving you a chance to repent and hear the truth until the chance is no more; and how will you know when it's too late. Don't waste your time being controlled and tricked by the flesh. Yes, the Devil (Satan) is real. But he is not for man. He is anti-man. He hates man. Simply for the fact, we have an opportunity to have once he once had and has no more. That's an everlasting eternal relationship with God. Our Creator!!! Our only, I mean ONLY Lord and Savior. I prey that God finds his way into your lives and hearts before it is too late for you non-believer's and obeyors. In Jesus name I prey- amen

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dixi2344

Dude, truth? Really? I don't necessarily want you to change your beliefs, but you have to at least admit that the Bible and Christianity are about faith rather than "truth".

I'm also rather interested in your "true" ten commandments. "4. Don't Murder(self-defense and war is fine.)" War is fine. Isn't diplomacy better though? War isn't murder, it's slaughter; mass-murder. Are you really saying that killing a bunch of people is more justified in God's eyes than killing one?

As far as the ten commandments being easy to follow goes, there are plenty of gray areas.

Don't steal:
Is using bittorrent to download a movie stealing? What if you only watch the movie once? How about movies being streamed over the internet? Are movie studios and movie actors stealing our money with inflated prices? How about the gas companies? They don't need our money. They're clearly stealing, should we facilitate that by continuing to buy gas?

Don't envy:
Don't become consumed with envy. We're human, we all make mistakes. When I see someone drive by in a classic Mustang I think "Man I wish I had a car like that!" Then I think about how much fuel it's V-8 uses and I change my mind.

Don't lie:
Quiz - The nazis are at the door. They want to know if you're hiding any jews. You are. What do you say?

Honor your parents:
Abusive parents don't count.

Nothing is ever as black and white as religious dogma would have you believe.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Originally posted by 8pointCompass
reply to post by dixi2344

Dude, truth? Really? I don't necessarily want you to change your beliefs, but you have to at least admit that the Bible and Christianity are about faith rather than "truth".

yes really, the things i have learnt about the bible is amazing, if you want a quick runthrough i would be honored to show you somelinks

I'm also rather interested in your "true" ten commandments. "4. Don't Murder(self-defense and war is fine.)" War is fine. Isn't diplomacy better though? War isn't murder, it's slaughter; mass-murder. Are you really saying that killing a bunch of people is more justified in God's eyes than killing one?

come on dude thats just changing the direction of the intended explanation just to prove a point, lets be real now,if your home was about to be marched upon by an army and destroyed, you would be coward if you would not take up arms for your family. even ghandi said that. remember theres a difference between murder and killing.

As far as the ten commandments being easy to follow goes, there are plenty of gray areas.

Don't steal:
Is using bittorrent to download a movie stealing? What if you only watch the movie once? How about movies being streamed over the internet? Are movie studios and movie actors stealing our money with inflated prices? How about the gas companies? They don't need our money. They're clearly stealing, should we facilitate that by continuing to buy gas?

good point, well noted

Don't envy:
Don't become consumed with envy. We're human, we all make mistakes. When I see someone drive by in a classic Mustang I think "Man I wish I had a car like that!" Then I think about how much fuel it's V-8 uses and I change my mind.

wishing you had a car, is different from hating the person driving it

Don't lie:
Quiz - The nazis are at the door. They want to know if you're hiding any jews. You are. What do you say?

blood would be on your hands, dude thats a heartless question, who do you think God is?

Honor your parents:
Abusive parents don't count.

agreed, maybe this puts it in better perspective:

Eph 6:1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right,
Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise
That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth. And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

that commandement works both ways

Nothing is ever as black and white as religious dogma would have you believe.

your right, with religious dogma, but with obeying God, ever you do or you dont, theres no inbetween.

we all fall short, heres gods answer to that:

Jhn 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

hope that explains it better

[edit on 5-8-2008 by mproject]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
OK, I have a question I hope gets answered, as I feel this thread is getting off topic. Anyways, if this has been asked already, I'm sorry, but I couldn't read all the religious debate anymore. I'm not here to debate, I just want some answers.

What do you guys believe in possessions? You only here of scary and nasty stories of such evil demons possessing a body. Well, normally these are fixed by priests doing exorcisms. If these priests are, well, in your eyes "unworthy" or not "holy", then why/how are they able to withdraw the evil spirits? If you don't believe these demons are evil, then why do they almost always hurt their host and families? Also, do you guys have a form of exorcist? If so, what exactly is different from the more traditional(Catholic) version?

Oh yeah, how did you find out about your Church, or place of congregation? You said earlier that you can only get invited, but how did that come about? Was it a friend or family that invited you? How did they know you would be interested in such non-traditional beliefs? I would LOVE to have a one-on-one with a real life satanist, and just ask all these questions I have.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by TravisT]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Jesus, the son of God or not, was a great man. I think he is our savior and he did die for us. Im not claiming my way is the right way and im not here to push the bible on people, but a man who is willing to be killed for me is someone I dont have much trouble loving and accepting.

If hell is real and what the bible says it is, then why would anyone with a decent mind want to go there?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join