It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finger In The Sky?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I am so thrilled that I discovered ATS and the ability to discuss topics that may seem like science fiction to some people. I will be the first to admit that WANT to believe in life beyond this planet, but I am also searching for the truth. My paranormal curiosity probably causes my opinions to sway to the "dark" side and I am OK with that fact because I find out-of-the-box thinking very entertaining.

I am new to ATS and as most members know, you can not fully utilize all of the features without at least 25 posts. Instead of commenting on topics that I care nothing about, I am starting this thread to get ahead. Any opinions here will be entertained!

I had something strange happen when I was a young child that has haunted me into my adult life. I am curious to see if this sparks a memory for someone else?

What is the Finger In The Sky and the Paralyzing Ring?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Finger in the sky makes me think of one of those pictures of deep space nebulae that look vaguely like a hand. but in reality, i have no idea.

i'm rather curious though, so would you elaborate?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Setharoo

glad you found ATS and it's always good to have more input on the subjects being presented here.

however,

what is the connection to UFO's and Aliens in your question ?

what i am saying is if your presenting a riddle here why did you post it in this forum ?

What is the Finger In The Sky and the Paralyzing Ring?

as far as i know the Finger in the Sky is what my ex-wife gave me along with a Paralyzing Ring that was a Ball and Chain....

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
as far as i know the Finger in the Sky is what my ex-wife gave me along with a Paralyzing Ring that was a Ball and Chain....

Hilarious..... I am currently married so that kind of comment would get me a Paralyzing Blow to the Head!

The experience I had could very easily had been a young child's nightmare, but I remember being so terrified at the time because I thought it was real. I am curious to see if there are any similar memories out there. This thread absolutely is related to UFOs and aliens, but I don't want to give away the details because I am looking for confirmation. I was intentionally vague with the question for obvious reasons.

I promise I will not drag this out for too long and will give all of the details very soon. Meanwhile your sense of humor is appreciated!

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I promise I will not drag this out for too long and will give all of the details very soon. Meanwhile your sense of humor is appreciated!

ok will be looking forward to see what this is all about !

in the meantime is this the finger in the sky your talking about ?

ok i will go away now...

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. I surely wish I had an answer, but sadly, I don't.

It does evoke some stories in my mind, though. Still, they're more a product of my imagination than anything I have encountered personally. [smile]

I, too, am looking forward to the details.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
in the meantime is this the finger in the sky your talking about ?

Oh my god, thanks for the photo I love it. It is now my desktop wallpaper. You know you are going to have a bad day when you see this sign from above!

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I don't know how old you are. Though is it possible you saw the movie E.T. And the whole finger thing and his screaching yell could be those 2.... ?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I once had a dream when I was kid that there was a giant hand in the sky and it had a gun.My friends and family was playing out in the yard when the hand started shooting at us.I had that dream in the late 60's.Weird how after all these years I still remember that dream.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

I just did a Google search and found out that E.T the movie was released in 1982. This would make me 7 years old. I can remember the house I lived in when I first remember the event and I believe it started before this time. My memory is not great and I suppose that your assumption could very well have had something to do with my imagination running ramped resulting in my experience.

It sounds strange, but the finger is an object that was long and dark and came out of a big white cloud (please no innuendos about this one). As soon as I saw the object I could not move or speak. Even as an adult I still get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach when ever I see similar looking clouds. Very strange reaction to have after these many years. Of course I now speculate that the finger could have been a cigar shaped UFO, but I remember the events like a nightmare. The logical answer would be that I was having nightmares after seeing a scary movie or cartoon, but as I said before I want to believe.

The Paralyzing Ring is the more cryptic part. I am hoping that someone knows what I am eluding to.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Well, I can see that my experience/dream is not a highly common phenomenon. My thinking was that ATS would be the place to talk with people who have an interest in these subjects and therefore would be the most likely place to find someone who has had the same experience. The thread has been viewed by over 500 people and no one has yet shared my experience. Considering the targeted audience I think I can conclude that my experience is not common.

The whole story is probably not that interesting to anyone other than myself. When I was young I started have re-occurring dreams that started with a long object that would come out of the sky. When the object was close I could not move or speak. I one night woke up in the basement and two "men" were checking my entire body like they were looking for something. I was terrified of course, but I only remembered it like it was a bad dream. I was a sleepwalker when I was a young and would wake up scared and confused in different parts of the house. The worst night I remember I woke up next to a telephone pole outside my home crouched down with the feeling I had to hide from something. The "paralyzing ring" is a reference to the ringing sound that I would hear just before the "finger" showed up out of the clouds. When I would hear this ringing I would know that the finger is near by and I am about to be paralyzed.

There is probably a logical explanation for all of these events which does not involve UFOs and aliens. Someone once suggested I was molested as a child and all of my memories are the result of repressed memories. I don't deny that this could be possible, but I honestly can not remember a single detail that would lead me to believe this. I suppose that it is easier to believe in an alien abduction rather than accept that some creepy man touched my naughty places when I was little. If anyone has any more input I would welcome the conversation.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

i was wondering when you were gonna finish the story.

my advice for you would be to seek professional help and not rely on just random advice especially from a message board.

i say that with sincerity because you obviously are troubled enough by this to spill your story out in the world to find some kind of explanation. if it was me i would have to believe that i would never have closure until i talked to a professional about it.

you said you sleep walked alot so there is probably a connection there ?

if you think or suspect that you were abducted i would also recommend seeing a doc.

maybe someone will post something to help you but i wouldn't count on it.

i myself have been considering going to a professional because i am uncertain about being abducted also... but i am scared to find out that it did actually happen. it's a slippery slope good luck

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Thanks for the kind words easynow. I know the stigma that is associated with any kind of paranormal event. Without spilling my guts out here on the world wide web, I will say that I was forced into a few counseling sessions with a trained professional. A period of depression drove me a little nutty and I stole an airplane and took it on a joy ride. It was just after 9/11 and I mistakenly flew into restricted airspace. Needless to say, the FBI was involved and I spent a little time in their company.

With medication and counseling I got my head screwed back on straight and am doing very well in life. I would recommend a psychologist to anyone that has emotional trauma. My doctor did toy with the idea of "alien abduction" but I could tell he did not believe in it. The fact that he didn't believe in aliens was not a problem BECAUSE the treatment and counseling he used would be the same for ANY kind of abduction trauma. Being forced to talk about it was the best thing that happened.

PS This is my 25th post! I am now a full active member of ATS.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Maybe hypnosis is whats needed to get all those memorys back, but thats jusy my opinion .
I also had weird things happen as a kid, or I thought they happened, I also sleepwalked and my parents say I was flicking the light switch on and off, thats something else.
Your experience may have been a dream it might have been a real memory but dont get freaked and think your a nutter.

It all depends on how you feel about it, If it is disturbing you go see a doctor, but I think your more intrigued and inquisitive than disturbed.

I'll let the OP say more how you feel about before I discuss anymore, dont want you freaking out unless your happy to discuss further.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparkey76

I personally have tried hypnosis and found it very enjoyable. I was referred to a doctor as a general counselor and I later found out that he was a licensed hypnotist. I ask him to do a session on me and took to it very quickly. I trusted him am I was highly suggestible. The session was mostly about relaxing, but I had a few "wow" moments. I never told him about all of my UFO ideas, but I am sure that hypnosis would work on me. Maybe some day I will find a therapist that will tinker with the idea of recovering "alien memories". I don't know how I could be sure that it was all part of my imagination. Regardless, I am sure that it would be interesting.

new topics

top topics

join