It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The immovable object or the unstoppable force

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
One of the greatest questions ive ever heard which would win the immovable object or the unstoppable force.

i dont think im qualified to answer that but ill leave it up to ATS to give me an answer.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Well, what would probably happen is that since both are either unstoppable or immovable, I am thinking that their forces would counter each other and cause an enormous amount of heat, until both/either are destroyed by the heat.

The one who would win would be the one with the highest melting point.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
It would probably create an immense light force that would over take both creating a black whole making an even bigger force and causing the disapearance of both the immovable object and the unstopable force.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
This is what probably caused the big band the immoveble object and the unstoppable force.

just a theory

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
That's too easy, the unstoppable force would simple bounce back. It wouldn't be stopping, momentum would simply be transferred in a reverse motion, causeing the unstoppable force to bounce backwards. So the correct answer I believe would be neither would win, because the unmovable object would return full momentum tio the unstoppable fore and reflect it without stopping it.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xilvius
That's too easy, the unstoppable force would simple bounce back. It wouldn't be stopping, momentum would simply be transferred in a reverse motion, causeing the unstoppable force to bounce backwards. So the correct answer I believe would be neither would win, because the unmovable object would return full momentum tio the unstoppable fore and reflect it without stopping it.

Not too fast, if it bounces back then technically its speed was at some point zero, meaning it stopped.

[edit on 1-8-2008 by DraconianKing]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Well if you want to get down into it like that you could say that every fraction of a second it is stationary and only when you put these tiny bits of time together is it moving. Maybe the unstoppable force can go threw things without changing the physical make up of it. After it all, it is a force not an object.

top topics

join