It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory: former NASA astronauts are taking part in a disinformation campaign.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I believe the reason why former NASA employees are telling the public that UFO's exist and that the government is covering it up is that they were asked to do so by the US government. They are spreading disinformation... by having any affiliation with the US government... such as being involved with NASA... I have reason to believe they are taking part in a disinformation campaign whose goal it is to either spread panic among the American or to get the public to view people who believe in UFO's as older people that have lost their sanity and are becoming senile, so they will associate people who believe in UFO's as people that are senile.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I have reason to believe they are taking part in a disinformation campaign whose goal it is to either spread panic among the American or to get the public to view people who believe in UFO's as older people that have lost their sanity and are becoming senile, so they will associate people who believe in UFO's as people that are senile.

I don't agree with you, but I am still interested in hearing more about
the reason you have to believe this? Can you be more spesific?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I have already previously mentioned that scenario.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Although it could be possible I would tend to believe that it is more aimed at a possible 'false' alien attack to push the next agenda on the people. However, the only BIG problem with that theory is that a lot of the astronauts and people who are coming out of gov to say this stuff say that the aliens aren't a threat.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

The US government has always been looking for ways to spread disinformation about UFO's. Remember how not so long ago they fabricated the MJ-12 documents? I think that the US government has asked former NASA astronauts to do it because they are getting older, so, it would lead more credibility to their old claim where they think that people that believe in UFO's are crazy.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I think it may very well be possible. Starred and flagged.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Thanks for your answer. I thought you perhaps you had some "insider" knowledge, but you are of course entitled to your opinon. I still don't think anyone will think that Ed Mitchell is either crazy or senile because he talkes about UFOs and aliens. He also talked about this issues 10 years ago in an interview in The Sunday Times (London):

www.geocities.com...

Astronaut Gordon Cooper also talked about UFOs and aliens:

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 31-7-2008 by ziggystar60]

top topics

join