It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Stabbed to death then head removed on greyhound

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Man Stabbed to death then head removed on greyhound

www.ctv.ca

A young man traveling on a Greyhound bus bound for Winnipeg late Wednesday was stabbed to death and then decapitated in what appears to be a random act of violence, witnesses said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
ouch!

www.ctv.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Note: Starting threads in the News Forums Please Review Link.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
So there were witnesses on a bus watchng a man get stabbed to death and beheaded and they did nothing? You mean to tell me a group of people ddn't decide to gang up on someone murdering someone else in an attempt to stop them? What a bunch of pansies. And don't anyone give me that "Afraid of repricussions or that they would be next" crap, there is stll rght and wrong in ths world. Standing by watching someone get murdered s still wrong as far as I am concerned.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Ya, I guess stopping the bus and letting people was the FIRST priority??? Like, come on!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
OMG!!! That's horrible.

I'm at a loss for words. Very sad....

I can't believe they made everyone stay on the bus, while a wild man had a knife. I wonder what happened. Did someone get the knife away from him?

Oh and what a bloody mess to clean up.

My condolences to the family of the young man.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Finn1916
So there were witnesses on a bus watchng a man get stabbed to death and beheaded and they did nothing? You mean to tell me a group of people ddn't decide to gang up on someone murdering someone else in an attempt to stop them? What a bunch of pansies. And don't anyone give me that "Afraid of repricussions or that they would be next" crap, there is stll rght and wrong in ths world. Standing by watching someone get murdered s still wrong as far as I am concerned.

Oh this is bad. What is this world coming to.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by Bombeni]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Finn1916

Right on!

Here's a story - could be a Chinese urban legend - but knowing the Middle Kingdom, I think it's true.

A young, beautiful, female bus driver was driving her route through the Chinese countryside. The bus was full. At a stop three bad guys got on the bus, dragged the bus driver off, and repeatedly raped her. All the passengers remained on the bus and did nothing in an act of unspeakable, dog-like cowardness.
Only one man was brave enough to step off the bus and try to save the poor women, but he was beaten badly, and staggered back to the bus.
Now get this: After the rapists were finished the bus driver got back on her bus...the bus was silent with shame. Then this bus driver begins to scream madly at the man who tried to save her "Get off my bus! Get off my bus!" Bewildered, he did.
Do you see where this story is going? You're right.
When the man who tried to save her was off the bus...she put the bus in gear and drove the bus off the nearest cliff...killing everyone aboard.

Right on.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Wow.
Worst I've ever been near on a greyhound is either someone who smells bad, or the guy behind me who was telling a story to his friend and hiting the back of my chair to emphasise his story.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
From what I heard on the news whas that this fellow started stabbing a young man sleeping in the chair next to him 60 time I think I heard them say.

Well people freaked and the bus driver pulled over every body got out and the bus driver closed the door. They then watched from the outside as he severed the head. The news report also said he was waving the head an taunting the police with it.

The police took him into custody but they did not say how they did it.

gruesome :shk:

edit
spleling

[edit on 31/7/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Finn1916

Really? What should they have done? All run up to him to get stabbed and hurt, too? No, they did what they had to do, they got everybody off the bus, then and only then, they went back, and held the guy on the bus.

Truely, they did nothing wrong. Wimps, pansies? Not hardly. Scared, normal everyday people confronted with a horrific event? Yeah, certainly that...

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
what a tragic story. the victim apparently was listening to music. i wonder if maybe he was listening to a britney spears song and the perpetrator could hear it? alot of people would go temporarily insane if that happened. he was taunting police with the severed head? what was he doing? saying nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah while making the mouth move? did the victim wear a tshirt that said salman rushdie rules?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I am sorry Seagull but I agree with Finn. Multiple passengers against one guy, I am sure the passengers would've had the advantage. Also we have soldiers that get injured and die in battle but people on a bus can't risk getting a superficial wound to save someone elses life?

We had a similar situation in Minnesota where a small group of young adults beat up a man and left him for dead at a crowded theme park in a crowded line for a ride with nearly hundreds of onlookers and no one did anything.

If we never stand up fpr ourselves and others, we are going to constantly be victims to these predators.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian Multiple passengers against one guy, I am sure the passengers would've had the advantage.

Well it depends on how good he was with the knife. He could have inflicted fatal wounds within seconds, and realistically it would take 3-4 people to subdue a crazy individual.

If by the timethe passengers realized what was happening, and realized they should do something, the victim was already fatally wounded I can see why they did not get involved. It sounds like quite an extreme attack so I am sure plenty of folks were also a bit in shock.

Thankfully my state recently passed a law to allow firearms on public transportation. If one person has a weapon they don't need to enlist a handful of others to stop the situation. A single individual trying to stop it by hand probably would have gotten gutted along with the victim.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Thats gut wrenching to even think about.

This guy seriously had wires crossed, and unfortunately i bet he ends up spending a few years in a mental ward instead of a cold concrete cell like he deserves.

Could you not call this premeditated?

You could stab a man to death with an average sized pocket knife, but im not so sure about cutting their head off with it.

What i mean is, that knife had to be a decent good sized one, and it had to be pretty dang sharp, i would think.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
What i mean is, that knife had to be a decent good sized one, and it had to be pretty dang sharp, i would think.

Well it should be sharp but it doesn't have to be all that big. I recall the first beheading video produced by Alzaqari (sp). It was a fairly modest type kitchen knife, it took a while on the video (they even had to edit and do a cut away) but if it is sharp it can be done.

Plus crazy people (or crazy on drugs people) can be much stronger than the average person. Even a small 6" blade could do the trick fairly quickly especially with superhuman strength behind it.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

I only remember watching one beheading, a long time ago. Probably the same video you're talking about, when they beheaded the hostage.

consumption junction had the video on their website, and unfortunately, curiosity got the best of me.

It is hands down the most revolting and disturbing thing I've ever seen.

I, honest to God, lost my appetite and sex drive for days because of it.

If any of you ever get the chance to watch something like this, learn from my stupidity. Don't.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. WigginIt is hands down the most revolting and disturbing thing I've ever seen.

I, honest to God, lost my appetite and sex drive for days because of it.

If any of you ever get the chance to watch something like this, learn from my stupidity. Don't.

Well honestly I think it was disturbing for the hostage takers as well. I think they were making it up as they went along, and they were a bit shocked by the mechanical details themselves.

I remember a followup video by the same group, the Korean, and they drugged that boy into a near comatose state before they did him. If they were true sadists they would NOT have drugged him (he was very vocal).

It showed me they were not truly sadists, and they did not have a stomach for really really rough marketing material, the Korean was freaking out badly during the first announcement video, they knew he would be a wreck during the execution video so they sedated him to the point where he had no clue what was happening. I don't think the executioners were enjoying what they were doing at all.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Gentlemen,

does it not sound fishy that the murderer is a Chinese man? Anything to do with the olympics and the general negative feelings of China as we approach the 2008 olympics?

Perhaps this horrendous act was committed to stir up more anti-Chinese feelings.

This could have been plotted by the murderer alone; since he did imigrate to canada for reasons unknown or perhaps this is a part of a bigger conspiracy against china. I just feel that the timing is peculiar.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by snowflake_obsidian

You are certainly welcome to disagree with me.

If you've travelled by bus, you know how narrow they are...a mass rush to overwhelm the guy would have resulted in a two on one fight. This guy has just proven he's deadly dangerous, just minutes later he's going to prove he's rather strong to go along with the psychotic by sawing off the victims head.

Two, maybe three if they're lucky (?), untrained, scared people are going to tackle that? Brave? No. Foolish? Yes.

To my mind, they did exactly the right thing, and prevented even more bloodshed.

top topics

join